Cracked article on being Deaf

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: Cracked article on being Deaf

Post by SpunkySix »

Comrade wrote:
Megumeru wrote:
emmjay wrote:(Many others can be summed up: "People are stupid." And some can be summed up: "People are dicks AND stupid.")
I think you just summed up the majority of the human population on earth there.

Still, there's some good here and there, but yeah...true.
Nonsense. Most people are good people, it only seems that way because the strongest people aren't.
I must be in the place where all the asses gather then, because around me, there's strong dicks and there are wimpy sheep, but not a lot of those good people you're referring to. Unless allowing people to stomp on others because you're scared to speak up doesn't make you a bad person.

Which ironically, is something that makes Shizune pretty cool, because even as a mute she'd probably have something to "say" about that.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

SpunkySix wrote: Unless allowing people to stomp on others because you're scared to speak up doesn't make you a bad person.
Yes spunk, exactly. People don't speak up not because they are bad people, but because they are scared, weak puny mortals, and alone they don't have the power to stand up to opression.
Even the strongest willed revolutionaries are powerless standing alone, and would remain silent without support.
Only when united can the people bring about change to the existing conditions, and in order to unite them you must raise their consciousness.
that's why if there is an issue somewhere around you it doesn't make everyone in the vicinity an inhumane asshole
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
brythain

Post by brythain »

Comrade wrote:
SpunkySix wrote: Unless allowing people to stomp on others because you're scared to speak up doesn't make you a bad person.
Yes spunk, exactly. People don't speak up not because they are bad people, but because they are scared, weak puny mortals, and alone they don't have the power to stand up to opression.
Even the strongest willed revolutionaries are powerless standing alone, and would remain silent without support.
Only when united can the people bring about change to the existing conditions, and in order to unite them you must raise their consciousness.
that's why if there is an issue somewhere around you it doesn't make everyone in the vicinity an inhumane asshole
Truth! It makes them a social collective who are in need of education. Or perhaps, uplift. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

brythain wrote:
Comrade wrote:
Truth! It makes them a social collective who are in need of education. Or perhaps, uplift. :)
However the power holders these days are just fine with individuals remaining weak and scared, so I feel we'll have to deal with it for a while.
An American, 2014
Atario

Post by Atario »

SpunkySix wrote:I must be in the place where all the asses gather then, because around me, there's strong dicks and there are wimpy sheep
There's an [insert country here] joke to be made here, but I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Atario wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:I must be in the place where all the asses gather then, because around me, there's strong dicks and there are wimpy sheep
There's an [insert country here] joke to be made here, but I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader.
Scotland?
New zealand?
a Badawi Mahal in the Sinai desert?

you choose.
An American, 2014
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Wales, obv. Scots don't shag sheep, they're too busy doing deep fried heroin.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Comrade wrote:
Being scared and weak isn't an excuse to watch somebody get hurt day after day and remain not only silent but more often than not supportive of the person being hurtful. Maybe asshole is the wrong word for people like that... I think "pathetic" is more fitting. "Asshole" implies that those people have the balls to be mean by themselves, which they usually don't.

You'd be surprised how fast a single person can change an entire group dynamic around in a single action, I've seen it. Heck, I've done it personally many times. Applied to defending deaf people from the BS they have to deal with, that means simply speaking up and telling people what ignoramuses they are when they spew misinformation about them.

Also, as a side note... notice that those strong revolutionaries you speak of only gain support by first standing up themselves. People don't randomly decide to follow somebody who remains silent and completely passive. Martin Luther King Jr. didn't suddenly gain support one day from people of all races while he was sitting around doing nothing. He first had to put his life on the line and take action with his own initiative. Had he been too scared to do so, we could be living in a very different world right now. Knowing that strong possibility existed, moral responsibility fell on his shoulders not to allow that.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"