Journey of a Non-otaku

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Munchenhausen

Re: Journey of a Non-otaku

Post by Munchenhausen »

Velitation wrote:
I swear to fuck, if I have to sit through one more "Who Shot Phil" period this christmas, I will shoot phil myself
Now Im going to have Coronation Street's theme stuck in my head every time Lilly is brought up. (Watched one episode; it's syndicated in Canada. One episode was enough for me). :cry:
Thanks, now it's stuck in my head too :P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Phil (Mitchell) is off Eastenders, not Corrie, you slaaaaaag.
Mandalorian

Post by Mandalorian »

Velitation wrote:Well, there's this thread.
I was about to break something until I realized it was just sprays. If it was a full-fledged mod, I couldn't be held responsible for what I'd have done.

Today's the last day of my exams. Got Algebra in a couple of hours and then I'm done. With that off my conscience, I'll start on Lilly's route. I'm excited for it, because I wasn't really satisfied with Shizune's route, and Rin's route only really felt satisfying at the end.
Potato

Post by Potato »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:I'd say more RomCom, actually :p Over here, soap operas are usually defined by people arguing a lot, any form of relationship either having double-crossing, a saboteur or a death, and EVERY CHRISTMAS shit blows up.
You just described a number of Batman storylines... :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Potato wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:I'd say more RomCom, actually :p Over here, soap operas are usually defined by people arguing a lot, any form of relationship either having double-crossing, a saboteur or a death, and EVERY CHRISTMAS shit blows up.
You just described a number of Batman storylines... :lol:
'This week on Emmerdale... Is Batman the father?' *dramatic music*
Mandalorian wrote: Today's the last day of my exams. Got Algebra in a couple of hours and then I'm done. With that off my conscience, I'll start on Lilly's route. I'm excited for it, because I wasn't really satisfied with Shizune's route, and Rin's route only really felt satisfying at the end.
Lilly's route is great for feeling fuzzy, if you like that sort of thing (which I do, no shame), though it's definitely the least 'intellectually-taxing' of the five.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Mandalorian

Post by Mandalorian »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Mandalorian wrote: Today's the last day of my exams. Got Algebra in a couple of hours and then I'm done. With that off my conscience, I'll start on Lilly's route. I'm excited for it, because I wasn't really satisfied with Shizune's route, and Rin's route only really felt satisfying at the end.
Lilly's route is great for feeling fuzzy, if you like that sort of thing (which I do, no shame), though it's definitely the least 'intellectually-taxing' of the five.
Makes sense. She does seem like the one who has it most together, which should be a nice change of pace from the previous "chase" routes, where it's Hisao trying to get close to someone and can't for one reason or another. I'm doing it right now. I'm looking forward to more Akira, because she was my favorite.
Potato

Post by Potato »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Lilly's route is great for feeling fuzzy, if you like that sort of thing (which I do, no shame), though it's definitely the least 'intellectually-taxing' of the five.
Emi's and Hanako's aren't especially taxing. "I'M AFRAID OF FACING REALITY!" isn't exactly a tough puzzle. :lol: Neither is "I'M A SELF-LOATHING RECLUSE!"
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Not entirely. A lot of the meat of Lilly's story lies in what isn't said, or said very obliquely, and why it isn't said. For instance,

How does Lilly feel about her parents? How do they feel about her? What was her visit like? What does it tell us about Lilly that these questions are completely unanswered?

You really have to look for what isn't there. (But should be)
Atario

Post by Atario »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:it's definitely the least 'intellectually-taxing' of the five.
I wouldn't say that. It was a kind of psychological torture watching everything slowly come apart and not being able to do anything about it.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Mmm, these past two have both been good points. I think that maybe Lilly is afraid of losing her parents completely, so even if there is resentment towards them, it's not outwardly shown (as it is with Akira), for fear of ever losing that chance to be a family unit again. Having Hisao and Hanako gives her the opportunity for a new one at Yamaku though.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Mmm, these past two have both been good points. I think that maybe Lilly is afraid of losing her parents completely, so even if there is resentment towards them, it's not outwardly shown (as it is with Akira), for fear of ever losing that chance to be a family unit again. Having Hisao and Hanako gives her the opportunity for a new one at Yamaku though.
"You know what Mom? Fine. Fuck you, I'll make my own family. And it'll have a sexy sweatervest and an adorable burnt girl in it. And hookers. Lots and lots of hookers, with booze. All things that you can't give me because you're not cool enough. Come on Akira, let's blow this Shitland popsicle stand and go to Japan, the bitches are way hotter there anyways, and they have robots."

*Both sisters rebelliously ride off into the sunset on a set of magical flying bagpipes*

And so goes the story of how Lilly truly ended up at Yamaku.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
CaveRave

Post by CaveRave »

Mandalorian wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:They broke up. And with that, it's probably best to shift back to non-otaku's going on trips into cripple-wonderland.
Cripple-wonderland... like Alice in Wonderland? That'd be an interesting book. Basically Katawa Shoujo on an acid trip.
Read this as 'Cripple's Paradise". The black comedy that proceeded simply cannot be ignored:
"As I tried to to walk through the valley that's like the shadow of death, I take a look at my legs and realise there's nothing left.

Coz I've been cryin' yet runnin'' so long, that
Even my mama thinks that my mind is gone

But I ain't never got close to a man that didn't deserve it.

Me be treated like a punk you know that's unheard of"
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

I am sorry to say I sang that in Weird Al's voice
How do we not have a Lyric-Rewriting thread?
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Munchenhausen wrote:I am sorry to say I sang that in Weird Al's voice
I... good question.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Munchenhausen wrote:I am sorry to say I sang that in Weird Al's voice
But we do!
At least one... Maybe more.

Edit:
Almost forgot my own...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.