Which ending do you consider to be the most canon?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Which ending do you consider to be the most canon?

Emi's good ending
12%
Emi's bad ending
1%
Hanako's good ending
19%
Hanako's neutral ending
No votes
Hanako's bad ending
1%
Lilly's good ending
26%
Lilly's neutral ending
3%
Rin's good ending
6%
Rin's neutral ending
3%
Rin's bad ending
No votes
Shizune's good/neutral ending
1%
Shizune's & Misha's bad ending
1%
Manly picnic
9%
Un-shown harem ending
17%

Total votes: 77

Forever_ambivalent

Re: Which ending do you consider to be the most canon?

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

emmjay wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
I dunno, but people seem to think the unseen harem end is the most canon one :lol:
Well, see, this one makes more sense. Hisao actually has the skills to get there, and that way, none of the girls are left out.
Well, until his heart gives out from all the exertion, anyway.
Nah Rin, Hanako and Emi require a lot of attention.
Unless the harem end just means that they are all just friends without benefits.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:
emmjay wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:Well, see, this one makes more sense. Hisao actually has the skills to get there, and that way, none of the girls are left out.
Well, until his heart gives out from all the exertion, anyway.
Nah Rin, Hanako and Emi require a lot of attention.
Unless the harem end just means that they are all just friends without benefits.
That's "True Companions". A harem is he beds all of them, either at once or at different intervals.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Steinherz wrote:That's "True Companions". A harem is he beds all of them, either at once or at different intervals.
Only the Lilly Neutral-End might allow that. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

I agree that that's most likely, but I can see a way to do it otherwise. It requires assuming that Lilly stays for Hanako's sake in the other routes, though.

Start with Emi's bad end. At that point, you interact with Rin, so there's a jumping point for helping her break herself. Break up with Rin afterwards because you can't stand her. Now go for Hanako. She rushes into sex with you, and then you manage to pull a Misstep out of the jaws of victory AFTER having sex with her... and she burns her bridge with Lilly, too. Cue Hisao and Lilly comforting one another, but this Hisao's becoming more than a bit of a bastard, and Lilly slowly realizes it, and breaks up with him (and then ends up fucking off to Scotland). Hisao decides to go for Shizune, who KNOWS he's a skirt chaser, but is desperate enough to actually go for it, then it ends up working basically like the canon Shizune route, and he takes the bad end path because, hey, awkward sex with a lesbian.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

bhtooefr wrote:I agree that that's most likely, but I can see a way to do it otherwise. It requires assuming that Lilly stays for Hanako's sake in the other routes, though.

Start with Emi's bad end. At that point, you interact with Rin, so there's a jumping point for helping her break herself. Break up with Rin afterwards because you can't stand her. Now go for Hanako. She rushes into sex with you, and then you manage to pull a Misstep out of the jaws of victory AFTER having sex with her... and she burns her bridge with Lilly, too. Cue Hisao and Lilly comforting one another, but this Hisao's becoming more than a bit of a bastard, and Lilly slowly realizes it, and breaks up with him (and then ends up fucking off to Scotland). Hisao decides to go for Shizune, who KNOWS he's a skirt chaser, but is desperate enough to actually go for it, then it ends up working basically like the canon Shizune route, and he takes the bad end path because, hey, awkward sex with a lesbian.
That isn't a harem, it's a nightmare.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
brythain

Post by brythain »

SpunkySix wrote:That isn't a harem, it's a nightmare.
Awww, you missed a great chance there. "That isn't a harem, it's a scarem." :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
FelOnyx

Post by FelOnyx »

bhtooefr wrote:I agree that that's most likely, but I can see a way to do it otherwise. It requires assuming that Lilly stays for Hanako's sake in the other routes, though.

Good scenario, but it needs one last thing. Perhaps a nice boat? Yes, that sounds perfect.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.
brythain

Post by brythain »

FelOnyx wrote:Good scenario, but it needs one last thing. Perhaps a nice boat? Yes, that sounds perfect.
Perhaps a nice ship instead?
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Nobody seriously thinks a harem ending is even remotely possible for the game. Not a single person. Don't pretend that you do.
Not Dead Yet
brythain

Post by brythain »

Oddball wrote:Nobody seriously thinks a harem ending is even remotely possible for the game. Not a single person. Don't pretend that you do.
Well, that 'unshown harem ending' option is logically impossible, since if it weren't shown, it couldn't be canon. Duh. Also, if nobody can seriously think so (since logically impossible), then clearly nobody can pretend without being non-serious.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

FelOnyx wrote:Perhaps a nice boat?
I see what you did there.
Nobody seriously thinks a harem ending is even remotely possible for the game. Not a single person. Don't pretend that you do.
Kind of confused why that was even an option, seeing as nothing unshown in such a context can even be canon.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

FelOnyx wrote:

Good scenario, but it needs one last thing. Perhaps a nice boat? Yes, that sounds perfect.
Not just a nice boat, it has to be a nice boat.
The kind of boat that makes people stop and say "That's a nice boat."
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:
Oddball wrote:Come on, tone down the stupidty.
Okay, here's a serious question... who the hell voted for Emi's bad ending?
A sensible person. I mean, how likely is it in the real world that an uprooted, frustrated teenager is really going to successfully endure through her shit? Rin's weird. Hanako's reclusive. Lilly's dishonest. Shizune's big on contests. Emi's actively hiding things, dodging questions and problems, and being frustrating as hell. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
Oddball wrote:Come on, tone down the stupidty.
Okay, here's a serious question... who the hell voted for Emi's bad ending?
A sensible person. I mean, how likely is it in the real world that an uprooted, frustrated teenager is really going to successfully endure through her shit? Rin's weird. Hanako's reclusive. Lilly's dishonest. Shizune's big on contests. Emi's actively hiding things, dodging questions and problems, and being frustrating as hell. :lol:
Me and every white girl on the Internet both have something in common right now... we can't even.
brythain

Post by brythain »

SpunkySix wrote:Me and every white girl on the Internet both have something in common right now... we can't even.
Also, Oddball. He can't even. :D