Which ending do you consider to be the most canon?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Which ending do you consider to be the most canon?

Emi's good ending
12%
Emi's bad ending
1%
Hanako's good ending
19%
Hanako's neutral ending
No votes
Hanako's bad ending
1%
Lilly's good ending
26%
Lilly's neutral ending
3%
Rin's good ending
6%
Rin's neutral ending
3%
Rin's bad ending
No votes
Shizune's good/neutral ending
1%
Shizune's & Misha's bad ending
1%
Manly picnic
9%
Un-shown harem ending
17%

Total votes: 77

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: Which ending do you consider to be the most canon?

Post by Silentcook »

brythain wrote: Also, Oddball. He can't even. :D
...Oh, good GOD.

Four hours in the Sorry Corner for you. :|
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Serviam

Post by Serviam »

Lilly's good ending.

There's something about that path that really lances through you.
"What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else."
- Tom Clancy summing up l'état in a nutshell

In order of completion: Lilly > Hanako > Rin > Emi > Shizune
The etymology of this name comes from the Latin: "I will serve," in contrast to Lucifer's Non serviam.
Slava Ukraini!
Potato

Post by Potato »

Serviam wrote:Lilly's good ending.

There's something about that path that really lances through you.
What's that got to do with canon? :P
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

Hanako good ending.

It just... Feels natural. Hisao is the type of guy to try to protect Hanako, but not go overboard with it.

Though I do want to punch Hisao sometimes; he says some really retarded things in both the Lilly and Hanako paths.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

ParagonTerminus wrote:Hanako good ending.

It just... Feels natural. Hisao is the type of guy to try to protect Hanako, but not go overboard with it.

Though I do want to punch Hisao sometimes; he says some really retarded things in both the Lilly and Hanako paths.
His grade A douche attitude towards Emi in Rin's route makes me want to smack him.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

SpunkySix wrote:

His grade A douche attitude towards Emi in Rin's route makes me want to smack him.
As much as I love Rin and her route... yeah, this. I kind of see why he might think how he does, but will still vehemently disagree with him.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

RandomPerson

Post by RandomPerson »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:

As much as I love Rin and her route... yeah, this. I kind of see why he might think how he does, but will still vehemently disagree with him.

I felt pretty satisfied with this comic
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (569.79 KiB) Viewed 4283 times
"Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind. But if you want to leave fine. Just know that I'll never forget you." - lelo and stitch

"What you talking 'bout tezuka" - Gary Coleman (RIP)
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:

I don't remember Emi being in that route in any way that mattered...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:

I don't remember Emi being in that route in any way that mattered...
That's probably because every time she's nice to Hisao he basically brushes her off like he's swatting at a fly.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:That's probably because every time she's nice to Hisao he basically brushes her off like he's swatting at a fly.
So what you're saying is that it wasn't Emi's route? Because he kinda brushes off everybody who isn't the relevant character. :lol:
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Bias-aside...

I say overall, it's Shizune's good ending--which means her route is the most cannon to me as well.

Why?

It's what I call as the 'gamemaker'-effect when reading a VN without a definite sequel that confirms which is the canon ending.
The first girl in the VN (outside of IwanakO) you meet and is introduced to is Shizune and so far, her route is the only one that branches up to graduation (which is the 'end' of a chapter in most people's lives). Hisao's character seems to be more conclusive to me, who change from mopey, to someone who is confident enough to step up when the situation calls.

Start with the girl you first meet, ends with the same girl. Gamemaker.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Actually you meet Misha and are introduced to Misha first, so judging by your stands, the Misha bad ending is the true ending. :lol:

Although it's also worth noting that Hanako is mentioned as standing out before either Shizune or Misha are.
Not Dead Yet
Potato

Post by Potato »

Oddball wrote:Actually you meet Misha and are introduced to Misha first, so judging by your stands, the Misha bad ending is the true ending. :lol:

Although it's also worth noting that Hanako is mentioned as standing out before either Shizune or Misha are.
So Hisao beds Misha then separates from Shizune after graduation to hook up with Yuuko? Because that's where that ending absolutely factually goes.
Velitation

Post by Velitation »

Eh, I still think the manly picnic is the canon ending, as there is no possibility for a sequel.

Though there is one exception.
[fahsign]Velitation[/fahsign] Remember, it's just a game.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Now THAT would actually be a "cannon" ending ;-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.