Which ending do you consider to be the most canon?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Which ending do you consider to be the most canon?

Emi's good ending
12%
Emi's bad ending
1%
Hanako's good ending
19%
Hanako's neutral ending
No votes
Hanako's bad ending
1%
Lilly's good ending
26%
Lilly's neutral ending
3%
Rin's good ending
6%
Rin's neutral ending
3%
Rin's bad ending
No votes
Shizune's good/neutral ending
1%
Shizune's & Misha's bad ending
1%
Manly picnic
9%
Un-shown harem ending
17%

Total votes: 77

HoneyMuffin123

Re: Which ending do you consider to be the most canon?

Post by HoneyMuffin123 »

Lily's Good ending is the most cannon because it is the only story with a scene after the credits. That and the story actually DEALS with Hisao's disability unlike Shizune or Rin's where he smokes and eats junk food and never has any problems ever. Emi's also deals with his disability, but he basically has one heart flutter at the beggining and it never bothers him again because he gets in shape. At the end of Lily's arc, he still has arrythimia, but he doesn't give a shitand will run after the girl he loves even though him having a heart attack is a real possibility. Hisao's problems aren't ignored and they don't magically go away, but he lives the life he wants to live despite his condition.

Sorry if that was a little long :shock: and Disclaimer: Rin is totes mai waifu, I don't even like Lily, but I feel that her story best represents the message of Katawa Shoujo. :)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

HoneyMuffin123 wrote:Lily's Good ending is the most cannon because it is the only story with a scene after the credits. That and the story actually DEALS with Hisao's disability unlike Shizune or Rin's where he smokes and eats junk food and never has any problems ever. Emi's also deals with his disability, but he basically has one heart flutter at the beggining and it never bothers him again because he gets in shape. At the end of Lily's arc, he still has arrythimia, but he doesn't give a shitand will run after the girl he loves even though him having a heart attack is a real possibility. Hisao's problems aren't ignored and they don't magically go away, but he lives the life he wants to live despite his condition.

Sorry if that was a little long :shock: and Disclaimer: Rin is totes mai waifu, I don't even like Lily, but I feel that her story best represents the message of Katawa Shoujo. :)
Not sure I agree. Having stuff after the credits only means that it has stuff after the credits. It doesn't really imply any additional completeness. As for Hisao's problems, I'd say confronting it and largely overcoming it head-on with Emi is much more empowering than just sort of dealing with it and then most likely dying young.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

HoneyMuffin123 wrote:Lily's Good ending is the most cannon because it is the only story with a scene after the credits. ...
1) Cannons are the thing you shoot stuff with.
2) It's been stated multiple times by multiple devs that the scene after the credits does not have this significance at all. It is simply an ending that has a short timeskip between the penultimate scene and the last one, so they decided to put it after the credits.
All endings are considered equally canon by 4LS.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Potato

Post by Potato »

HoneyMuffin123 wrote:Lily's Good ending is the most cannon because it is the only story with a scene after the credits. That and the story actually DEALS with Hisao's disability unlike Shizune or Rin's where he smokes and eats junk food and never has any problems ever. Emi's also deals with his disability, but he basically has one heart flutter at the beggining and it never bothers him again because he gets in shape. At the end of Lily's arc, he still has arrhythmia, but he doesn't give a shitand will run after the girl he loves even though him having a heart attack is a real possibility. Hisao's problems aren't ignored and they don't magically go away, but he lives the life he wants to live despite his condition.

Hisao's problems aren't ignored in any route.

And...What does him eating junk food matter? A few donuts won't give him a heart attack. Neither will all of that one cigarette he smoked. :lol: His problems don't go away because of magic. They go away because he has medication and isn't exerting himself that much in the first place.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
HoneyMuffin123 wrote:Lily's Good ending is the most cannon because it is the only story with a scene after the credits. That and the story actually DEALS with Hisao's disability unlike Shizune or Rin's where he smokes and eats junk food and never has any problems ever. Emi's also deals with his disability, but he basically has one heart flutter at the beggining and it never bothers him again because he gets in shape. At the end of Lily's arc, he still has arrhythmia, but he doesn't give a shitand will run after the girl he loves even though him having a heart attack is a real possibility. Hisao's problems aren't ignored and they don't magically go away, but he lives the life he wants to live despite his condition.

Neither will all of that one cigarette he smoked. :lol: His problems don't go away because of magic. They go away because he has medication and isn't exerting himself that much in the first place.
Ehhh, careful there. That one cigarette won't kill him, but cigarettes are addictive and it was moronic for him to try even one, especially with his condition.

As for his problems, they don't go away unless he does exert himself in a controlled fashion. Otherwise, they stay there, lie dormant for awhile, then kill him way before he'd normally die.
Sohtak

Post by Sohtak »

SpunkySix wrote: Ehhh, careful there. That one cigarette won't kill him, but cigarettes are addictive and it was moronic for him to try even one, especially with his condition.

As for his problems, they don't go away unless he does exert himself in a controlled fashion. Otherwise, they stay there, lie dormant for awhile, then kill him way before he'd normally die.
I will admit Hisao is a bit of a moron.

"I'm on pills? Sure why not have a drink"

"My heart is shitty enough and I'm on pills? Let's start smoking"

Oy...

Anywho, You all now I consider the Hanako good ending to be the most canon <3
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:Ehhh, careful there. That one cigarette won't kill him, but cigarettes are addictive and it was moronic for him to try even one, especially with his condition.

Yes, cigarettes are addictive...To people with bad taste. <.< I had a cigarette once. Never had another. It's hardly unheard of. :P He only seemed to bother because Rin was having one anyway. I'd still place "racing a track star" higher on the list of dumb shit he does. :lol:

And lying dormant is as good as going away. There's no reason it should kill him early if symptoms are not being triggered and he keeps on his meds.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Sohtak wrote:Anywho, You all now I consider the Hanako good ending to be the most canon <3
Wait until you've gotten all the endings before declaring that...
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Xaredian
Location: Elysium, Crytar, Terranova, somewhere in the universe

Post by Xaredian »

Potato wrote:
Xaredian wrote:The one where Braum takes Lilly away from Hiaso. And takes her back to the realm of Runeterra.

In reality. It's probably Lilly's good ending. I mean, seriously. It's the only one with an official epilogue.
If by 'epilogue', you mean 'This is literally the good ending'...
I'm referring to the scene on the grassy hill. You know, the one after the credits? Not the hospital scene.
To be remembered by anyone after death is the goal of basically every soul that's lived in this world.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Xaredian wrote:
Potato wrote:
Xaredian wrote:The one where Braum takes Lilly away from Hiaso. And takes her back to the realm of Runeterra.

In reality. It's probably Lilly's good ending. I mean, seriously. It's the only one with an official epilogue.
If by 'epilogue', you mean 'This is literally the good ending'...
I'm referring to the scene on the grassy hill. You know, the one after the credits? Not the hospital scene.
Read grassy hill as grassy knoll.

Canon: Lilly shot JFK.
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

As much I'd like to say Hanako's good ending, I'd say Lilly's good ending is the most canon imo. Maybe solely for the fact that she doesnt leave for scotland forever and Hanako is even beter off in lilly's route then her own, at least that was the impression I got. And for the rest well nothing really changes I think, everybody goes the same way as they were before Hisao came.

Also Lilly's & Hanako are the only ones that are somewhat linked toghether with their routes, we also got emi & rin but either one of them quickly dissapears after act 1 until you rarely if ever see them again unlike the former.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
Potato

Post by Potato »

ogorhan wrote:And for the rest well nothing really changes I think, everybody goes the same way as they were before Hisao came.
Yeah, like, Emi goes back to being afraid of people, Rin goes back to being Nomiya's self-starving plaything, nothing changes at all. So clearly, they can't be canon. Did...Did you even finish the game?

Hanako is just as well off in her own route. Lilly's route is just longer so the effect is more obvious. :lol:

What does Hanako and Lilly being linked have to do with anything?
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
ogorhan wrote:And for the rest well nothing really changes I think, everybody goes the same way as they were before Hisao came.
Yeah, like, Emi goes back to being afraid of people,
And probably feels awful and even blames herself for being unable to help Hisao embrace a healthier lifestyle, plus hurt that he didn't seem to like her all that much.

Can't forget those. :(
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

SpunkySix wrote:
Potato wrote:
Yeah, like, Emi goes back to being afraid of people,
And probably feels awful and even blames herself for being unable to help Hisao embrace a healthier lifestyle, plus hurt that he didn't seem to like her all that much.

Can't forget those. :(
To be honest, I think she'd probably be the most affected by Hisao not 'choosing her route' (I don't know what the best wording of that could be) as she does seem to really try to get him into it, supports him, tries to get him to join her and RIn and STILL he doesn't spend more time with her... fuck sake Hisao.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Potato

Post by Potato »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:To be honest, I think she'd probably be the most affected by Hisao not 'choosing her route' (I don't know what the best wording of that could be) as she does seem to really try to get him into it, supports him, tries to get him to join her and RIn and STILL he doesn't spend more time with her... fuck sake Hisao.
I think Shizune would be more affected. Emi's detached from anything she does as a matter of course (as per her defense mechanism). Shizune is very much entirely focused about how others around her are faring. Always pushing people, always trying to make them happy (albeit often in her own misguided way). They'd both take it as something of a personal failing but Emi, as she is wont to do, would just toss it by the wayside and move on.