Looking for Script or Non-Video Let's Play

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

theWallflower

Looking for Script or Non-Video Let's Play

Post by theWallflower »

Hi all,
I'm looking for a game script or walkthrough with pictures for the girl's individual routes. I simply don't have time to play the whole game all the way through. The synopses on the wiki are pretty good, but it'd be great if I could get a more complete picture that I could read at my own pace. Does anyone know where I can find one?

Thanks in advance
Pandas

Re: Looking for Script or Non-Video Let's Play

Post by Pandas »

Are you asking for a walkthrough... as in.. to get through the girls routes without trouble?
So basically a cheat sheet?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Scripts are against the license of the game, but as for "non-video let's plays", the closest thing I can think of is this.
I still recommend reading the VN though. It's not like it will take that much time.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Pandas

Post by Pandas »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Scripts are against the license of the game, but as for "non-video let's plays", the closest thing I can think of is this.
I still recommend reading the VN though. It's not like it will take that much time.
what is a VN anyway?
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Pandas wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:Scripts are against the license of the game, but as for "non-video let's plays", the closest thing I can think of is this.
what is a VN anyway?
Short for visual novel, which is what Katawa Shoujo is :)
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

brythain

Post by brythain »

Ten weeks later, I wake up realising that the VN has taken up a lot more time than I thought. If it's not Emi sitting on my bed, it's Misha craning to look over my shoulder, or Mutou lurking in a corner, or… GAH! Shizune, next time snap your fingers or something, don't just stand there...
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Pandas wrote:
what is a VN anyway?
A miserable pile of secrets. Have at you!
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Play the game.

No Let's Play will ever do it justice.
Not Dead Yet
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Oddball wrote:Play the game.

This. The music, visuals and the writing need to be together or it won't have the right impact. Not even close.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

SpunkySix wrote:

This. The music, visuals and the writing need to be together or it won't have the right impact. Not even close.
Can I third? Is that overkill? Sod it, doing it anyway.
You don't even have to play it in one sitting, if you're busy just save where you are and continue from where you left off when you have time :)
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Pandas

Post by Pandas »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:

Can I third? Is that overkill? Sod it, doing it anyway.
You don't even have to play it in one sitting, if you're busy just save where you are and continue from where you left off when you have time :)
O-O-O-Ovverrrkilll!
100% agreed.
MOST let's players do them for the fame and money and watching a let's player is like the difference between experiencing 9/11 and listening to a comedian explain it! :)
theWallflower

Post by theWallflower »

If I was looking for a full experience, I would play the game. But let's face it, it's a lot of clicking, a lot of waiting, and a lot of filler. It takes much longer to do that than to simply read it. Someone looking for a Let's Play knows he/she is not going to get the full experience, but better a diminished experience than none at all. It takes much more than one sitting to play it.
Potato

Post by Potato »

theWallflower wrote:complete picture that I could read at my own pace.
Katawa Shoujo can be read at one's own pace. So go read it. :roll:

Don't wanna click? Auto mode. Don't want to wait? There is no waiting, you're always reading and moving forward. Don't want a lot of filler? You're in luck, most every scene has some point or purpose.

And no, not "better a diminished experience than none at all". Either take the full experience or don't but don't cheapen it by consuming a half-assed version. That is an insult to the creators and a disservice to yourself.

If you have time to browse and post in forums, which you evidently do, you have time to read.

Honest question, does your life even include entertainment? Reading has a lot of page-turning, TV has tons of filler, most games and public entertainment venues have a fair amount of waiting involved so what exactly do you manage to enjoy when these are all apparent deal-breakers? .-.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.