Emi ending (spoilers for days)

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
CoffeeDrive
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: Emi ending (spoilers for days)

Post by CoffeeDrive » Tue May 06, 2014 3:09 pm

Truly, Spunky at his Spunkiest.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl

Pandas
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 3:28 pm

Re: Emi ending (spoilers for days)

Post by Pandas » Tue May 06, 2014 3:24 pm

Spunky has convinced me. Well done.
Thank you for letting me be at peace with this adorable little bundle of joy ;-;

User avatar
Munchenhausen
Posts: 1874
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:43 am
Location: Leicester, UK

Re: Emi ending (spoilers for days)

Post by Munchenhausen » Tue May 06, 2014 3:27 pm

  • Tuesday 6th May, 2014.
Today is the day Spunky hit Maximum OverSpunk.
fuck yeah Emi
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon

User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: Emi ending (spoilers for days)

Post by SpunkySix » Tue May 06, 2014 3:38 pm

Pandas wrote:Spunky has convinced me. Well done.
Thank you for letting me be at peace with this adorable little bundle of joy ;-;
You're welcome.

Now I'm just sitting her laughing my booty off at these responses and feeling accomplished and stuff.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

User avatar
CoffeeDrive
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: Emi ending (spoilers for days)

Post by CoffeeDrive » Tue May 06, 2014 3:45 pm

I must elaborate though. Rin is still my personal bestgirl.
However Emi is definetly second.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl

User avatar
Potato
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Re: Emi ending (spoilers for days)

Post by Potato » Tue May 06, 2014 3:45 pm

Pandas wrote:totally nonsensical sex scene
I'm not sure you know what "nonsensical" means. :lol:

But yes, Emi is a massive bitchcunt. She's also bouncy and adorable though so it's forgiven.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.

Pandas
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 3:28 pm

Re: Emi ending (spoilers for days)

Post by Pandas » Tue May 06, 2014 4:05 pm

Potato wrote:
Pandas wrote:totally nonsensical sex scene
I'm not sure you know what "nonsensical" means. :lol:

But yes, Emi is a massive bitchcunt. She's also bouncy and adorable though so it's forgiven.
This is exactly how i feel.
A massive jerk yet so dang cute.
I'm aware what nonsensical means.
Meaning it makes no sense or it's ridiculous in nature.
I'm pointing VERY harshly at the toolshed scene.
I realize it's kind of a more "crazy fantasy" type of thing. But neither of them enjoyed it really due to it being awkward and painful for Emi. It was very ridiculous in nature that they'd put in such a weird scene. If anything i got a good laugh out of it but it seemed quite useless to put in.

User avatar
Potato
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Re: Emi ending (spoilers for days)

Post by Potato » Tue May 06, 2014 4:13 pm

Pandas wrote:
Potato wrote:
Pandas wrote:totally nonsensical sex scene
I'm not sure you know what "nonsensical" means. :lol:

But yes, Emi is a massive bitchcunt. She's also bouncy and adorable though so it's forgiven.
This is exactly how i feel.
A massive jerk yet so dang cute.
I'm aware what nonsensical means.
Meaning it makes no sense or it's ridiculous in nature.
I'm pointing VERY harshly at the toolshed scene.
I realize it's kind of a more "crazy fantasy" type of thing. But neither of them enjoyed it really due to it being awkward and painful for Emi. It was very ridiculous in nature that they'd put in such a weird scene. If anything i got a good laugh out of it but it seemed quite useless to put in.
That scene made perfect sense though...And a ton of scenes could be called useless. Did Hisao helping Rin masturbate really contribute anything? Or anything with Kenji? :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.

Pandas
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 3:28 pm

Re: Emi ending (spoilers for days)

Post by Pandas » Tue May 06, 2014 4:15 pm

@Potato
*covers eyes*
I'M ON THE RIN STORYLINE AS WE SPEAK!
I must cleanse my eyes ;-;

And hey! The Kenji scene was TOTALLY a real life scene!
*coughs*
Or atleast i'd like to pretend X3

User avatar
CoffeeDrive
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: Emi ending (spoilers for days)

Post by CoffeeDrive » Tue May 06, 2014 4:16 pm

This is exactly how i feel.
A massive jerk yet so dang cute.
I'm aware what nonsensical means.
Meaning it makes no sense or it's ridiculous in nature.
I'm pointing VERY harshly at the toolshed scene.
I realize it's kind of a more "crazy fantasy" type of thing. But neither of them enjoyed it really due to it being awkward and painful for Emi. It was very ridiculous in nature that they'd put in such a weird scene. If anything i got a good laugh out of it but it seemed quite useless to put in.
That scene made perfect sense though...And a ton of scenes could be called useless. Did Hisao helping Rin masturbate really contribute anything? Or anything with Kenji? :lol:
Hisao helping rin masturbate actually had quite a lot of meaning behind the whole "She wanted to get off".
As for Kenji, nah that's mainly comic relief.
Although the toolshed scene also meas something, although it didn't have to be anal for that to work either.

I'm too tired to go into it now, maybe another time.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl

User avatar
Potato
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Re: Emi ending (spoilers for days)

Post by Potato » Tue May 06, 2014 4:20 pm

CoffeeDrive wrote:Hisao helping rin masturbate actually had quite a lot of meaning behind the whole "She wanted to get off".
As for Kenji, nah that's mainly comic relief.
Although the toolshed scene also meas something, although it didn't have to be anal for that to work either.

I'm too tired to go into it now, maybe another time.
If it helps any, the writer for Emi's route has gone on record saying he deliberately wrote that scene to be awkward and comedic. :lol: But it's still a decent character-building scene.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.

User avatar
CoffeeDrive
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: Emi ending (spoilers for days)

Post by CoffeeDrive » Tue May 06, 2014 4:23 pm

Potato wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote:Hisao helping rin masturbate actually had quite a lot of meaning behind the whole "She wanted to get off".
As for Kenji, nah that's mainly comic relief.
Although the toolshed scene also meas something, although it didn't have to be anal for that to work either.

I'm too tired to go into it now, maybe another time.
If it helps any, the writer for Emi's route has gone on record saying he deliberately wrote that scene to be awkward and comedic. :lol: But it's still a decent character-building scene.
I'm not that surprised, its written comedically, but yeah, as you said. Definetly constructs character.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl

User avatar
Munchenhausen
Posts: 1874
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:43 am
Location: Leicester, UK

Re: Emi ending (spoilers for days)

Post by Munchenhausen » Tue May 06, 2014 4:29 pm

Potato wrote:awkward and comedic
Image
i dunno this post seemed to be funnier in my head
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon

User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: Emi ending (spoilers for days)

Post by SpunkySix » Tue May 06, 2014 4:50 pm

See, that image right there is the symbol of exactly the type of well-written characterization that I was talking about. You nailed it, Munch.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

TheHivemind
Path Writer
Posts: 864
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Emi ending (spoilers for days)

Post by TheHivemind » Tue May 06, 2014 8:02 pm

SpunkySix wrote:
Pandas wrote:Why do people like Emi so much? I just finished her ending and it made me angry and it was very nonsensical.

You begin running with her blah blah blah.
She eventually starts pushing you away. Hisao stays with her through it all.
You get invited to her house and she kicks you out for one of two reasons
She thinks her mom broke her promise, or because you try to HELP her.

Then after awhile everything just "Okay" after she thinks about it. You go back and visit her dad, she says shes sorry and she tells you her sorry.
You go home and she says sorry again. More abrupt and totally nonsensical sex scenes. Then she says she loves you. She falls asleep.
You wake up and you talk to each other.
The final line is
"What do you want me to do now?"
Is that a sexual reference?
I'm so mind fucked. Maybe i'm stupid, but for now i'm angry.
She's a straight up bitchface or weeks.
Then she kicks you out for helping.
Then she tells you her story and comes up with some bad excuse and says sorry.
And Hisao is just... OKAY with that?
Oh, boy! She had sex with you and you guys slept together?
Who cares? She ignored you for so long and then is still rude, not even acknowledging the fact that you've been apart for a few weeks and kicks you out.
Someone told me to do the Emi storyline and i'll be really angry at her unemotional zombie state.
And this person was far more than correct.
If someone can convince me why i should like this story line.
OR why other people like it.
PLEASE DO, because i for one, am very angry at the fact that such a cute bouncy girl turns into a emotionless jerk who gets away with things because she can say sorry and have sex... alot of abrupt sex.
k so you've been reasonable about this, so don't take this personally. This is a topical thing, not a "you" thing. I want that to be clear because oh my god this OP.

Why do people like Emi? Because she's freaking awesome, that's why.

You don't run with her, blah blah blah, to start. You take up one of the healthiest interests possible that will likely double your lifespan because Emi cares about you enough to show you the ropes, and in doing so, you make her happier than you can probably even imagine. That's not a bad start, and it's not to be glossed over.

Yes, Hisao stays with her, because he has sympathy. She kicks you out of the house in a moment of anger that she even later admits was irrational.

After, you go back and see her dad, who she has never told anybody about outside of her family and the Nurse, and finally help her break away from what is the most crippling aspect of her psyche. She is incredibly grateful, and she manages to swallow her pride and give a heartfelt apology. All of this is visibly painful for her and it takes an immense amount of courage to do.

After, there is exactly one H scene, and it's the least abrupt, nonsensical sex scene I've ever seen in anything. Her and Hisao genuinely love each other, and the sex is a two-way act of passion rather than lust for possibly the first true time in the relationship, and either of their lives. Then she says she loves you, (referring to Hisao, to be clear) because she does, and falls asleep with you because she trusts you and feels more comfortable with you more than anybody she has ever been with.

You wake up and talk to each other, which Hisao even points out is really nice to be able to do. The final line is not "What do you want me to do now?" it's "What do you want to do today?" and the entire scene leading up to it implies a closeness that will make whatever they decide to do a joy for both of them. Not even sort of a sexual reference. It's totally innocent, actually, which is kind of the point, seeing as they've moved past using sex as a relationship crutch.

Emi is rude sometimes. She can be stubborn, she swears relatively a lot and she has a temper. Boiling it down to being a "bitchface" though is extremely wrong. She is struggling with an internal battle that is more intense than anything most people will ever deal with, and putting that in perspective, doing a pretty damn good job of it for the most part. She's functional, she's still sweet most of the time and she's healthier than most unamputated people.

She kicks you out because she's scared and she's hurting. Not nice, but understandable.

Her story and her battles are not a "bad excuse" and it hits close to home seeing it being called that in a very real way. You lose legs, or you get the flu, or whatever physical thing, and all of a sudden everybody feels so bad for you and wants to help you. You get depression or anxiety or PTSD or whatever mentally/emotionally though, and nobody cares. "Deal with it". "Get over it". "These things happen". I cannot stress enough how hard dealing with something like that is. You hurt physically. It's scary and stressful and you feel sad all the time. You begin hoping that you won't wake up in the morning. That isn't a bad excuse, that's as real as any of the handicaps in the game, and it takes immeasurable bravery to come to terms with that and share it with somebody. Letting people in is TERRIFYING. Hisao is okay with that because he loves her and doesn't want to just drop her in her time of crisis, because that would completely crush her. Sex wasn't what did that for him. It's implied he doesn't even enjoy that as much once she gets distant anyway.

Again, the things Emi deals with are so far from an "unemotional zombie state" that it's nearly hair-pullingly frustrating even typing that. If she was an unemotional zombie, she wouldn't have cried into Hisao's arms on her father's grave site. She doesn't use sex as an excuse- she uses it as a coping mechanism, and then she owns it later in a way that most people can't even do on a day-to-day basis for small things. Most people can't even accept responsibility for dropping trash on the ground. Emi fully admits her problems, and then is heavily implied to go on to better herself to avoid those problems in the future, which is the polar opposite of an excuse.

Emi is just a character and I can acknowledge that, but the idea of her is real and seeing it being called an emotionless jerk honestly bothers me more than I would have expected it to. That idea of a girl has so much more guts and is so much more motivated and kind and caring and just plain full of life than most of the people who are actually alive, including me. Just like anybody I know of, she has problems that she deals with. She isn't perfect; not even close. The good side of her so outweighs the bad side though, and I legitimately feel bad for anybody who can't see that, because it's beautiful, and they're missing out on it.
Well now, this was an interesting read.

Post Reply