Emi ending (spoilers for days)

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
Pandas
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 3:28 pm

Emi ending (spoilers for days)

Post by Pandas » Sun May 04, 2014 11:49 am

Why do people like Emi so much? I just finished her ending and it made me angry and it was very nonsensical.

You begin running with her blah blah blah.
She eventually starts pushing you away. Hisao stays with her through it all.
You get invited to her house and she kicks you out for one of two reasons
She thinks her mom broke her promise, or because you try to HELP her.

Then after awhile everything just "Okay" after she thinks about it. You go back and visit her dad, she says shes sorry and she tells you her sorry.
You go home and she says sorry again. More abrupt and totally nonsensical sex scenes. Then she says she loves you. She falls asleep.
You wake up and you talk to each other.
The final line is
"What do you want me to do now?"
Is that a sexual reference?
I'm so mind fucked. Maybe i'm stupid, but for now i'm angry.
She's a straight up bitchface or weeks.
Then she kicks you out for helping.
Then she tells you her story and comes up with some bad excuse and says sorry.
And Hisao is just... OKAY with that?
Oh, boy! She had sex with you and you guys slept together?
Who cares? She ignored you for so long and then is still rude, not even acknowledging the fact that you've been apart for a few weeks and kicks you out.
Someone told me to do the Emi storyline and i'll be really angry at her unemotional zombie state.
And this person was far more than correct.
If someone can convince me why i should like this story line.
OR why other people like it.
PLEASE DO, because i for one, am very angry at the fact that such a cute bouncy girl turns into a emotionless jerk who gets away with things because she can say sorry and have sex... alot of abrupt sex.

Blanc
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:37 am

Re: Emi ending (spoilers for days)

Post by Blanc » Sun May 04, 2014 12:07 pm

Emi's story was the simplest one in the whole VN. I think it was good because it felt natural and funny at its certain moments. The only thing about her story was that it ended early and like you want to see more of it.
Path:
Rin > Emi = Shizune/Misha = Lilly > Hanako

Pandas
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 3:28 pm

Re: Emi ending (spoilers for days)

Post by Pandas » Sun May 04, 2014 12:10 pm

Blanc wrote:Emi's story was the simplest one in the whole VN. I think it was good because it felt natural and funny at its certain moments. The only thing about her story was that it ended early and like you want to see more of it.
Agreed. If more was made of it... like.. to prove that she got better and wasn't so rude to him it may have been better.
I also like the aspect that she teased alot and it was really cute in that aspect.

Guest Poster
Posts: 1266
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:42 am

Re: Emi ending (spoilers for days)

Post by Guest Poster » Sun May 04, 2014 12:33 pm

am very angry at the fact that such a cute bouncy girl turns into a emotionless jerk who gets away with things because she can say sorry and have sex
So...out of curiousity; what exactly WOULD she have to do if an apology isn't good enough?

Anyway, you rather obviously failed to grasp Emi's issues. To summarize very briefly: Emi's a good-hearted person who means well, but she has some very serious emotional commitment issues that rear their ugly head the moment someone tries to get emotionally close to her. When that happens, she becomes anxious and tries to keep the person at arm's length just to make the anxiety stop. Eventually, with Hisao's encouragement, she manages to do some soul-searching and manages to force herself to open up to him, taking the first step in overcoming her difficulties with emotional attachment.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.

Pandas
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 3:28 pm

Re: Emi ending (spoilers for days)

Post by Pandas » Sun May 04, 2014 12:51 pm

Guest Poster wrote:
am very angry at the fact that such a cute bouncy girl turns into a emotionless jerk who gets away with things because she can say sorry and have sex
So...out of curiousity; what exactly WOULD she have to do if an apology isn't good enough?

Anyway, you rather obviously failed to grasp Emi's issues. To summarize very briefly: Emi's a good-hearted person who means well, but she has some very serious emotional commitment issues that rear their ugly head the moment someone tries to get emotionally close to her. When that happens, she becomes anxious and tries to keep the person at arm's length just to make the anxiety stop. Eventually, with Hisao's encouragement, she manages to do some soul-searching and manages to force herself to open up to him, taking the first step in overcoming her difficulties with emotional attachment.
I believe an apology is good enough.
But to just say "sorry, i have commitment issues"
Isn't really saying much.
I see more where you're coming from.
But it's still a bit sketchy.
Thank you for enlightening me further.

User avatar
FelOnyx
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:50 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: Emi ending (spoilers for days)

Post by FelOnyx » Sun May 04, 2014 1:14 pm

The SpunkySix bait has been placed, awaiting his arrival shortly.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.

Pandas
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 3:28 pm

Re: Emi ending (spoilers for days)

Post by Pandas » Sun May 04, 2014 1:15 pm

FelOnyx wrote:The SpunkySix bait has been placed, awaiting his arrival shortly.
I'm confused.
I'm assuming he's a fan of Emi?

User avatar
FelOnyx
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:50 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: Emi ending (spoilers for days)

Post by FelOnyx » Sun May 04, 2014 1:21 pm

Pandas wrote:
FelOnyx wrote:The SpunkySix bait has been placed, awaiting his arrival shortly.
I'm confused.
I'm assuming he's a fan of Emi?
Huge one.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.

Pandas
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 3:28 pm

Re: Emi ending (spoilers for days)

Post by Pandas » Sun May 04, 2014 1:42 pm

FelOnyx wrote:
Pandas wrote:
FelOnyx wrote:The SpunkySix bait has been placed, awaiting his arrival shortly.
I'm confused.
I'm assuming he's a fan of Emi?
Huge one.
I'm honestly hoping someone can convince me. This isn't an Emi bash thread.
She's so dang adorable and cute at first.
I just don't like her late actions.
I WANT someone to convince me to like her.

User avatar
metalangel
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Emi ending (spoilers for days)

Post by metalangel » Sun May 04, 2014 1:49 pm

Guest Poster wrote:
So...out of curiousity; what exactly WOULD she have to do if an apology isn't good enough?
Take it in the can again.

User avatar
AaronIsCrunchy
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:28 pm
Location: Portsmouth, floating.

Re: Emi ending (spoilers for days)

Post by AaronIsCrunchy » Sun May 04, 2014 1:53 pm

FelOnyx wrote:
Pandas wrote:
FelOnyx wrote:The SpunkySix bait has been placed, awaiting his arrival shortly.
I'm confused.
I'm assuming he's a fan of Emi?
Huge one.
Ahhhh yeah. I'm thinking of getting the popcorn out for this one - I'm definitely an Emi fan but I'm NOTHING on him!
Either, not gonna convince you to like her route, as that is entirely up to you. BUT... where you say 'You get invited to her house and she kicks you out for one of two reasons,' both reasons I think are justifiable. Her mum breaking a promise would probably have been done as Meiko genuinely thought that what Emi was doing was harming herself, and thought it better to breach a bit of trust for long-term wellbeing. And from Emi's perspective, being constantly offered help with your demons by the one person that you know you WANT to be with but don't feel able to get close to for fear of losing them, causing that pain again - if she's as scared of it as she certainly seems to be then she'll try and push it away. It does take Hisao to talk to her about the whole situation and justify his want, or even need to help to make the walls she built up finally break. I think they all had very good reasons for doing what they did in that scenario, but ultimately, Emi had to realise that everything was in her best interests. Fear can make people act in ways that they may not want to, or wouldn't otherwise, and it can take A LOT of work to make that fear go away.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.


Pandas
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 3:28 pm

Re: Emi ending (spoilers for days)

Post by Pandas » Sun May 04, 2014 2:02 pm

To the post above me, that's a strong point. I suppose it is just that shes afraid of losing him and possibly a fearful mind makes her think otherwise.
I just seen it from my personal perspective i suppose.

I see someone's fault as something that makes them beautiful.
To help someone overcome their greatest fears and demons and to see them improve and have them love you and all. It's essentially one of the most beautiful things in life.
Actually. This is probably why i'm a HUUUUGEEE Hanako fan and not an emi fan.
Because Hanako accepts the help more as where Emi wants to hide it.
Interesting.

User avatar
AaronIsCrunchy
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:28 pm
Location: Portsmouth, floating.

Re: Emi ending (spoilers for days)

Post by AaronIsCrunchy » Sun May 04, 2014 2:08 pm

I think the overcoming of fear is why I like the end of Emi's route so much, as well as the end of Hanako's route. From that perspective, I don't think they're that different.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.


User avatar
russianspy1234
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Emi ending (spoilers for days)

Post by russianspy1234 » Sun May 04, 2014 2:40 pm

Well first off, there are multiple ways to get to her good ending. Looks like you got the one where you piss her off first. So what happened? She told you she didn't want to talk about something, you didn't respect that and kept pushing, she told you to go away, and you pushed some more. Seems like her reaction was perfectly reasonable. Seems like you tried to go the white knight route with her, which is almost as bad an idea in her route as it is in Hanakos. Hell, I think the trope is even mentioned by name at some point in her route, where Hisao explains he isn't trying to do that.

Guest Poster
Posts: 1266
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:42 am

Re: Emi ending (spoilers for days)

Post by Guest Poster » Sun May 04, 2014 2:42 pm

To help someone overcome their greatest fears and demons and to see them improve and have them love you and all. It's essentially one of the most beautiful things in life.
Actually. This is probably why i'm a HUUUUGEEE Hanako fan and not an emi fan.
Hanako's route isn't about Hisao helping Hanako overcome her greatest fears and demons only to see her improve and have her love him. If that's the impression you have then you missed the point of her route.
Because Hanako accepts the help more as where Emi wants to hide it.
No, she doesn't. She accepts support from Hisao as long as he allows her to also support him. The time Hisao offers to protect Hanako is also the moment he nearly blows his relationship with her.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.

Post Reply