Hanako may not be who we think! (ENORMOUS SPOILERS)

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: Hanako may not be who we think! (ENORMOUS SPOILERS)

Post by SpunkySix »

KrisIsLyra wrote:Here's the topic:

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8433
Jesus Christ that's fucking horrifying. :cry:
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

KrisIsLyra wrote:Here's the topic:

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8433
Oh wow :lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Potato

Post by Potato »

You were all warned. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

~Memories~ :')
Last edited by Comrade on Wed May 07, 2014 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Atario

Post by Atario »

Haha, I remember that!

♪ Memories…
Light the corners of my mind ♫
on fire
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Huh?
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Thought I'd put this in here, as it seems a bit like a Hanako speculation thread.
Do you think Hanako blind in her right eye? The scarring on her face would suggest that her eye was most likely damaged, and although she may be conscious about her scarring and may be trying to hide it with her hair, she could also be trying to hide a fire-damaged eye.

It might also give another reason (not the main reason, but another one) why she spends time with Lilly. Though that said, if she was, she might be in class 3-2.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1411

Mind you, that doesn't say they both work properly, but...

Also, IIRC, we see Hanako's right eye in the CGs, and it looks normal. (Well, purple, but otherwise normal.)

In any case, if one bad eye were enough to put Hanako in 3-2, Takashi's tinnitus would be enough to put him in 3-1. (I can say this as someone who actually does have a "bad eye", although the hardware functions fine, it's a brain processing problem (essentially, my left eye has better hardware, so as my visual cortex developed, my brain rejected input from the right eye unless there was no other source of input for that position of my vision). I've had it all my life, though, so I've adapted in other ways to the lack of natural depth perception, whereas Hanako would struggle more, I think (because her visual cortex probably developed normally, and then she would have sustained the injury afterwards). In any case, though, she wouldn't need the adaptations that a blind class would provide.)
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

I was looking for a more appropriate thread for this, but I got to page 12 and thought 'sod it'. The fact you just presented me with that means I need to stop being so lazy :P

Related to your point there, would she be able to adapt to it in time, or would her brain be too hard-wired with how it used to work to ever change?
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

My guess is that, because there's no signs of lens damage, and it's not nerve damage, it would be muscular damage that she would have sustained, and visual therapy would be successful to redevelop those muscles. Until that point, she'd have trouble focusing on things, and may be prone to headaches.

Her visual cortex would likely be too far developed to reject input from that eye, which is actually good in her case, because it means that unless permanent damage occurred to the eye, odds are good that she'd make a full recovery (but IANAOptometrist). Hell, I was 5 when my issues were first detected, and visual therapy was a failure for me.

I'd guess that if there were anything permanent, she may well be wearing glasses, and possibly bifocals (which is what I wear). I get pretty severe eyestrain from my right eye when attempting to focus on things without my glasses, even though my left eye is 20/15, and my brain is rejecting the right eye input at the final level - I guess at other levels, it still does some processing on the right eye vision, and automatically tries to focus.
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Potato

Post by Potato »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:I was looking for a more appropriate thread for this, but I got to page 12 and thought 'sod it'. The fact you just presented me with that means I need to stop being so lazy :P

Related to your point there, would she be able to adapt to it in time, or would her brain be too hard-wired with how it used to work to ever change?
The brain is pretty ridiculously adaptable. Few things are ever hard-wired to the point that it can't change.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

However, they're far less likely to change the older someone is, or the changes will be much smaller.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I believe the devs pointed out that Hanako's right eye does indeed work.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Yes, and I linked to that thread.

I think I've come to the conclusion that it probably works 100%, too, otherwise she may well have glasses.
Potato

Post by Potato »

bhtooefr wrote:Yes, and I linked to that thread.

I think I've come to the conclusion that it probably works 100%, too, otherwise she may well have glasses.
People can endure pretty fucked up vision without glasses. :lol: I get by with a pretty defective right eye. And for her whole side to get torched with zero damage to the eye would be nothing short of a miracle...Ergo, Hanako is Jesus.