KS in reverse

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

d2r

Re: KS in reverse

Post by d2r »

Mirage_GSM wrote:But if you ask me, any of the other girls in class 3-3 would be better choices. VN protagonists have little to zero personality, and basically all the girls have gotten too much characterization to make good VN protagonists...
Personally, I think subverting the conventions of the VN by giving the protagonist a strong personality might actually be interesting.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Megumeru wrote: 4. Rin's choice will NEVER be related to what the male-character asks her about (or at least partially related, albeit very-very vague), and always answers in confusing riddles or statements that is mind-blowing or numbing whatsoever.
"Hey, Rin. I was wondering if you wanted to go for a meal... Do you like seafood?"
  • >My feet hurt
  • >What do you call people who fly hovercrafts?
  • >I once had a goldfish, but it died.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Megumeru wrote: 4. Rin's choice will NEVER be related to what the male-character asks her about (or at least partially related, albeit very-very vague), and always answers in confusing riddles or statements that is mind-blowing or numbing whatsoever.
"Hey, Rin. I was wondering if you wanted to go for a meal... Do you like seafood?"
  • >My feet hurt
It's funny, because knowing her, she'd probably pick the third option, and I'd take it as a no. It's one of those things that seems like a random tangent but then is actually related if you stop and think about it. Like, "no, I don't like seafood, it reminds me of the goldfish I used to have before he died, and that makes me sad and/or is gross" but in Rin-speak.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

SpunkySix wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:
  • >My feet hurt
It's funny, because knowing her, she'd probably pick the third option, and I'd take it as a no. It's one of those things that seems like a random tangent but then is actually related if you stop and think about it. Like, "no, I don't like seafood, it reminds me of the goldfish I used to have before he died, and that makes me sad and/or is gross" but in Rin-speak.
This really makes me want to play a Rin-based VN now.

Damn it, why doesn't this exist .
Lilly > Hanako=Emi > Shizune > Rin
Atario

Post by Atario »

SpunkySix wrote:Also, I expected to come in here and have the OP read, "Katawa Shoujo in reverse is the story of a boy with heart problems who slowly gets farther and farther away from his girlfriend and becomes more and more cynical[…]
I was expecting "A boy with a heart problem one day finds his problem has disappeared, and he's unceremoniously thrust into a special school for people who have no disability (did I mention normally people have disabilities in this universe?).".
Walshy12238 wrote:Lilly would be the best option. Although her being blind thing might hinder the VN somewhat :wink:
Would massively reduce the effort required to develop it, though!
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:With Hanako, you'd be missing about a 1/5 of what was going on at all times anyway, and she'd probably be looking away half the time as well.
I'd think the reverse. Hanako strikes me as the type who keeps her mouth shut and her eyes and ears open absorbing all that happens around her. At least during the times when she's not hiding in her room or the library.
bhtooefr wrote:Fuck it, let's do Rin's routes.
  • Hisao
  • There is a boy. In the art club. He is blind.
  • Molly (although that may be the Hisao route with a more artistically-inclined lesbian, so it might not work)
  • Saki? Oh god that would be terrible.
  • And I don't know from there.
  • Nomiya. She sets out to seduce him and then dump him very publicly as payback.
d2r wrote:I think subverting the conventions of the VN by giving the protagonist a strong personality might actually be interesting.
There are many that do this, actually, even among outright nukiges.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Atario wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:With Hanako, you'd be missing about a 1/5 of what was going on at all times anyway, and she'd probably be looking away half the time as well.
I'd think the reverse. Hanako strikes me as the type who keeps her mouth shut and her eyes and ears open absorbing all that happens around her. At least during the times when she's not hiding in her room or the library.
Even with eyes wide open, there is only so much you can see with all that hair covering the right side of her face :P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

It's actually my headcanon that Hanako may well have impaired vision in her right eye anyway, even if there weren't hair there.

(It makes it easier for me to write her that way anyway, as I actually do have amblyopia in my right eye. As far as I can tell, the eye actually can see fine, but my brain rejects the input in favor of the (excellent condition) left eye (even when the left eye is closed, which gives this strange effect where I can see an object with my right eye, but attempting to focus on it causes the dark left eye image to increase in prominence on top of the right eye), except for peripheral vision, and the muscles are weak in my right eye. Visual therapy didn't work for me, and I wear bifocals largely due to eyestrain and strabismus in the right eye when trying to focus without them. Upshot is that I have crazy good vision in my left eye due to the correction needing to be applied to both eyes to not screw things up horribly (bifocals on top of a 20/15ish left eye), and my right eye is not good for detail work and is mostly ignored, so my depth perception skills are very different from those of a normal person (but still present, but can be tripped up far more easily by objects being of a scale that I'm not expecting).)

Hanako may actually be worse off, because I've had this all my life (and most of the visual cortex is fully developed by the age of 5), she sustained her injuries at 8.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I believe the devs mentioned once that Hanako's right eye actually does function like it should, since they were asked before whether Hanako was half-blind.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

SpunkySix wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:
  • >My feet hurt
Or else she ate it herself, and the next scene is in the restaurant. Since it's Rin, even if you think you know what the choice you're making means, you probably don't.
Walshy12238 wrote:This really makes me want to play a Rin-based VN now.

Damn it, why doesn't this exist .
There's always this.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

dewelar wrote:There's always this.
I'll be playing that. How long is it, roughly speaking?

And good point with the goldfish... gosh Rin is great.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

SpunkySix wrote:
Well, each play-through is very short (like, 10 minutes), but it's different every time :) .
And good point with the goldfish... gosh Rin is great.
Yes. Yes she is.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

dewelar wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
Well, each play-through is very short (like, 10 minutes), but it's different every time :) .
Okay, good to know. I'll play it some later today. I need something goofy to read, Yandere Chan was heavy. And that was with me getting the only good ending.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Walshy12238 wrote:Which of the girls would you personally pick to fill that role?
Hideaki.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

bhtooefr wrote:Emi's routes:
  • Haruhiko (they're both on the track team)
Oh boy, that'd be amusing. Especially since he has a thing for pulling hair/clothing. :lol:

I feel bad for Emi's twintails XD
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Random unfunny gibberish that is not Rin-like in any way?

I dunno...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.