Pairing the Spares?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

AaronIsCrunchy

Re: Pairing the Spares?

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
RandomPerson wrote: Ok, I only played shizune and Lilly's route ones so I might sound a bit stupid when I say why this is sick and wrong, THERE FREAKING FIRST COUSINS YOU SICK PEOPLE NO WONDER THEY GO TOGETHER SO WELL
Completely legal in Japan, (and england actually). And the age of consent in Japan is also 13 so..

WE ALL GOOD TO GO.
If it's good enough for Charles Darwin, Edgar Allen Poe and Albert Einstein... :P
That said, there is the slightly heightened risk of genetic disorder in their children should they choose to have them.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

RandomPerson

Post by RandomPerson »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
linkoid wrote:Akria + Hidakei: LOOK AT THIS AND TELL ME I'M WRONG!

http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/image/1475.png
I...I... I can't! This would be quite the pairing, I must admit. I mean, Hideaki's a bit young at the moment, but I'm sure in a year or two, when Akira's relationship ends suddenly, they'll be there. 'Tis legal there too, so it's aaallll good.

Completely legal in Japan, (and england actually). And the age of consent in Japan is also 13 so..

WE ALL GOOD TO GO.
Well to be fair zoophilia is legal in Texas but it doesn't mean you should go at shag a horse
"Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind. But if you want to leave fine. Just know that I'll never forget you." - lelo and stitch

"What you talking 'bout tezuka" - Gary Coleman (RIP)
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Age of consent in Japan is 13, but I'm finding claims that in every prefecture except Nagano (and this relationship would occur in Saitama and possibly Miyagi prefectures), there's prefectural laws setting it at 18.

So, basically, the 13 year AOC in Japan is simply setting a lower bound that in practice, doesn't exist.

And, it's a horrible idea.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

bhtooefr wrote:Age of consent in Japan is 13, but I'm finding claims that in every prefecture except Nagano (and this relationship would occur in Saitama and possibly Miyagi prefectures), there's prefectural laws setting it at 18.

So, basically, the 13 year AOC in Japan is simply setting a lower bound that in practice, doesn't exist.

I guess if their relationship is more brother/sister style then there are limits, and I suspect that's more what Akira/Hideaki have.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

brythain

Post by brythain »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
bhtooefr wrote:Age of consent in Japan is 13, but I'm finding claims that in every prefecture except Nagano (and this relationship would occur in Saitama and possibly Miyagi prefectures), there's prefectural laws setting it at 18.

I guess if their relationship is more brother/sister style then there are limits, and I suspect that's more what Akira/Hideaki have.
Actually, second cousins would be optimal; there's no great risk of negative consanguinity and there are often social and familial advantages.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
KrisIsLyra

Post by KrisIsLyra »

Akira x Hideaki is such a perfect pairing!
brythain

Post by brythain »

KrisIsLyra wrote:Akira x Hideaki is such a perfect pairing!
They're only about thirteen years apart too! :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

You guys need more imagination. All I can see is yuri and Meiko X nurse (BTW Meiko X nurse is the best couple here)

Why is there no Mutou X Hisao? Hisao and Mutou get together and even make a club at one point. Mutou could actually be 24 and Hisao might give up on girls and decide that guys are better after realizing that anal sex feels nice as well.

How about nurse X Hisao? Maybe Hisao develops feelings for him during Emi's path and when the nurse is doing his sex jokes Hisao could suddenly get bitchy and snap and him and tell him he actually likes him. Than they actually fall in love with each other.
Imagine Emi after that. "Why are all the guys I like gay?!"

Now I need to go and wash this out of my mind.
Meiko X Nurse is the only one I support. It could make a nice story as well.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

I mean, I thought Akira x Hanako was a big enough age gap... (And by the age / 2 + 7 (or, in RPN, which is superior, age 2 / 7 +) standard, even that is creepy - 19.5 is the youngest Akira can date without it being creepy, which is why when I attempted to write it, I had Hanako out of university for a year (so Akira was 30, Hanako was 23, but I ran into other problems with the story).)

In any case...
Aura wrote:
bhtooefr wrote:Is Hisao's guess at Hideaki's age (15-16) right, or given that he also got Hideaki's gender wrong, did he get his age wrong (presumably too high of a guess)? If so, how old is Hideaki?
He got it about right.
So it's about a 9-10 year gap, not a 13 year gap.

How about Kenji x Kenta (the fanon name for the track captain)?
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
RandomPerson

Post by RandomPerson »

bhtooefr wrote:
How about Kenji x Kenta (the fanon name for the track captain)?

That's interesting, I think kenji and the whole anti feminist thing could cause a lot of people to believe he's gay. But honestly I think the track captain would have higher standards than kenji
"Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind. But if you want to leave fine. Just know that I'll never forget you." - lelo and stitch

"What you talking 'bout tezuka" - Gary Coleman (RIP)
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Mind you, a lot of actual anti-feminism is actually wanting to return to the old status quo of women being completely subservient to men (instead of feminism's goal of wanting women to be equals to men). A significant part of that is the whole "barefoot, pregnant, in the kitchen" thing. (And, quite a lot of "men's rights" advocacy is BAWWWWWing about how women owe them sex.)

Kenji's isn't rooted in that, though, it seems. And, he didn't handle sex well.
brythain

Post by brythain »

bhtooefr wrote:I mean, I thought Akira x Hanako was a big enough age gap... (And by the age / 2 + 7 (or, in RPN, which is superior, age 2 / 7 +) standard, even that is creepy - 19.5 is the youngest Akira can date without it being creepy, which is why when I attempted to write it, I had Hanako out of university for a year (so Akira was 30, Hanako was 23, but I ran into other problems with the story).)

In any case...
Aura wrote:
bhtooefr wrote:Is Hisao's guess at Hideaki's age (15-16) right, or given that he also got Hideaki's gender wrong, did he get his age wrong (presumably too high of a guess)? If so, how old is Hideaki?
He got it about right.
So it's about a 9-10 year gap, not a 13 year gap.
Hideaki is clearly younger than 15-16, or he is physically stunted. If he's physically stunted and 15-16, he'd be at Yamaku too. I'd thus put him at 13-14, and since Akira is about 26 (depending on how Lilly's age is evaluated), that's just under 13 years. Note also that later in Shizune's track, Hisao fancifully speculates that Hideaki is secretly 50 years old… :D —which leads me to think that Hideaki behaves older than his age, so any error is in the direction of him being younger than 15-16.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

brythain wrote:Hideaki is clearly younger than 15-16, or he is physically stunted.
Or he could just be small for his age. You know, a thing that happens with a lot of people?

Also, wasn't it stated somewhere in the VN that Akira is 24/25-ish?
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Steinherz wrote:
brythain wrote:Hideaki is clearly younger than 15-16, or he is physically stunted.
Or he could just be small for his age. You know, a thing that happens with a lot of people?

Also, wasn't it stated somewhere in the VN that Akira is 24/25-ish?
In Act 4 of Lilly's route, the Akira/Hisao conversation reveals that Akira's parents left when Lilly was 12 and Akira was 19. So at Yamaku, Lilly is either 18 or 19 and Akira is either 25 or 26. They also both treat Hideaki like a much younger kid, so I'd shade Aura's 'about right' downwards, not sideways or upwards.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

During Hanako's route, Lilly's 18th birthday is stated to have been in February, making Akira most likely 25 during the VN (although ranging from 24 to 26 depending on when Akira's birthday is relative to Lilly's and the timeline of the VN).

And, yeah, I'd shade the "about right" downwards as well.