Pairing the Spares?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Oddball

Re: Pairing the Spares?

Post by Oddball »

Ok, so the conclusion to be drawn here is that Akira/Hideaki is bad and unhealthy and very squicky, and for reasons more reasons than just the cousin thing. That is a nasty power difference, and since Akira does not at all seem the type to take advantage of that, would almost certainly never happen.
It's not something that a person has to take advantage of. It's something that's simply wired into their thought process.

But honestly, this entire conversation is rather weird. So let's change the subject.

Yuuko. You rarely ever get to see anything romantic done with Yuuko that doesn't involve Kenji, and honestly, that relationship has never worked for me at all. I'd actually kinda like to see something done with Yuuko and Nurse or even Yuuko and Mutou.

Nurse and Akira could be an interesting pairing as well.
Not Dead Yet
RandomPerson

Post by RandomPerson »

Honestly I can see hanako x lilly a little more now, especially after reading the thing about akira and hanako not been able to level out their realationship because Akitas too controlling. But lilly isn't half as controlling as akira.

Think about it, if akira was with hanako it would more or less mean that both of them would have to make complete u turns in their life style, and akira being how she is I think it's safe to say that isn't going to happen. But with lilly and hanako it's only Lilly's motherly instincts standing in the way.

That's because even though lilly is slightly protective of hanako, it's only because she felt hanako was something that needed to be looked after. But what if what Lilly's doing works? What if hanako does start coming out of her shell a lot more and starts to act completely normally, if only around lilly. Then lilly wouldn't feel as though she needs to protect her anymore and all of a sudden there on the same wavelength.

Of course then because of Lilly's protective instincts going away hanako may feel like she's getting to know lilly more, and that she's not something that's to be protected. This could lead to two outcomes, one is that hanako takes this as she is capable of making freinds and becomes better around others, leading her and lilly to be permanent bffs, the other being that hanako takes this as her coming closer to LILLY and it makes her feel like lilly is the only one who understands her and romantic juices flow from their.

It's a slight stretch but in my head it's a lot more plausible that akira and hanako or akira and hideaki
"Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind. But if you want to leave fine. Just know that I'll never forget you." - lelo and stitch

"What you talking 'bout tezuka" - Gary Coleman (RIP)
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

RandomPerson wrote:*look up one post*
Except Lilly and Hanako have too much of a Mother/Daughter relationship for a relationship between them to work.

SpunkySix wrote:
Potato wrote:Yes, they're cousins. But can you give any actually meaningful reason that makes it "sick and wrong" beyond "I was always taught this so it's how I feel"?
What even started the whole "u cant do this bcuz we say so" thing with cousins anyways? I mean, maybe genetics, but even then they should be distant enough to not be much of an issue.
European Nobility. Blame them for only marrying other nobility for about 6 centuries and causing a stigma about it :lol:
brythain wrote:
bhtooefr wrote:
Oddball wrote:Hypoplastic left heart syndrome
Oh god, Katayama family reunions must be incredibly awkward.
Albinism is one of those traits too...
So what you're implying is that the Devs accidentally/unintentionally/possibly hinted that Rika's parents are cousins from her appearance and disability? Hmmm... Add me onto that headcannon boat too.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

There's also the matter that I don't actually think Lilly's into women, and that I think Akira is...

And, I didn't say there weren't issues, but Lilly basically treats Hanako like a daughter, which has just as toxic of a power dynamic as Akira and Hideaki having a romantic relationship.

Also, part of why it's my headcanon for Rika specifically to be the product of first cousins, and not Hisao... well, for starters, Rika has multiple disorders that are associated with children of first cousins.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

bhtooefr wrote:toxic of a power dynamic as Akira and Hideaki having a romantic relationship.
Dominant/submissive :lol:

All I'm gonna say about that relationship
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Steinherz wrote:
bhtooefr wrote:toxic of a power dynamic as Akira and Hideaki having a romantic relationship.
Dominant/submissive :lol:

All I'm gonna say about that relationship
Stupid lucky Hideaki...
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
KrisIsLyra

Post by KrisIsLyra »

Yuuko x Hanako. The real reason Hanako goes to the library so much is to get some sweet, sweet lesbian love.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

KrisIsLyra wrote:Yuuko x Hanako.
In all honesty, that's one of the few randomly lesbian pairings I like.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Potato

Post by Potato »

Yuuko X Hideaki. Full stop.

@RandomPerson: If a moral judgement exists, its opposite probably does too. It can get pretty weird...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Sae × Hideaki. Dialogue includes the following line:
That's nice… Hey, sweet-cheeks, get me a fresh pack of cigs, willya? [Slaps his ass]
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Atario wrote:Sae × Hideaki. Dialogue includes the following line:
That's nice… Hey, sweet-cheeks, get me a fresh pack of cigs, willya? [Slaps his ass]
Ahaha I wasn't expecting that :lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

There is one piece of art that IIRC Mike Inel did, that depicts Yuuko and Nurse being close, for what it's worth.

Why Nurse would give up Meiko for Yuuko, I have no idea.

How about Mutou x Miyagi (3-2's homeroom teacher, and the English teacher for the third years)? Although, what little characterization we have for her (and almost all of that outside of the VN) makes her seem like a more mature (and boring, but that much is Hisao POV, and he only interacts with her for his most hated subject) Lilly, to be honest.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
KrisIsLyra

Post by KrisIsLyra »

Iwanako x Hanako. They've been accused of being the same person, so maybe they'd get along
RandomPerson

Post by RandomPerson »

KrisIsLyra wrote:Iwanako x Hanako. They've been accused of being the same person, so maybe they'd get along
I couldn't help but giggle, even more so that people who Havant seen older threads will think your insane.
"Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind. But if you want to leave fine. Just know that I'll never forget you." - lelo and stitch

"What you talking 'bout tezuka" - Gary Coleman (RIP)
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

RandomPerson wrote:
KrisIsLyra wrote:Iwanako x Hanako. They've been accused of being the same person, so maybe they'd get along
I couldn't help but giggle, even more so that people who Havant seen older threads will think your insane.
...Still not the most insane fan interpretation I've ever heard of, thanks to NomiyaXRin, but it's up there. :lol:

Speaking of Nomiya, I think NomiyaXZombie Hitler has some real slash-fic potential.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.