What would you have done if you made the game?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: What would you have done if you made the game?

Post by SpunkySix »

That's awful. :(
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
linkoid

Post by linkoid »

SpunkySix wrote:
No i don't think you get it, RIN was the pedo, the victim was Hisao (EDIT: oh, the "on")
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

linkoid wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
No i don't think you get it, RIN was the pedo, the victim was Hisao (EDIT: oh, the "on")
Are we seriously making light of the sexual harassment of a crippled 8-year-old??

Welcome to the Katawa Shoujo Forums.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Are we seriously making light of the sexual harassment of a crippled 8-year-old??
WE are not.
I'd prefer NOT to welcome people that want to talk about that sort of thing. Frankly, I'd rather show them the door.
Not Dead Yet
DRKO

Post by DRKO »

I would have coded the thing, and hoped that someone who can write worth a damn was helping me, because I certainly can't.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Oddball wrote:
WE are not.
I'd prefer NOT to welcome people that want to talk about that sort of thing. Frankly, I'd rather show them the door.
Agreed, reading that article was horrific, and I'm pretty sure that this is just one of the places that you just don't go. I could go into a tirade about this, but I don't think it's the place.

But it sucks. BAD.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I agree... please don't do that again. We like to get weird here, but some things just aren't funny.

On topic, I probably would have made Lilly a bit of a daredevil beneath the polite, subdued exterior. Her description in the original image begs for some spice.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Personally, I would have made Lilly untilise echolocation instead of that pansy-ass fucking cane of hers.

Depending on my mood, it could vary from a sensible tongue click to a full-on bat screech
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Munchenhausen wrote:Personally, I would have made Lilly untilise echolocation instead of that pansy-ass fucking cane of hers.

Depending on my mood, it could vary from a sensible tongue click to a full-on bat screech
Why not just give her Daredevil's radar sense while you're at it? Wait...
Hold on...
Okay, I know what I would have done if I made the game. It would still be set in a high school for the disabled. There would still be the usual teen romance drama. But at some point on every girl's route, you'd find out she had superpowers and fought crime on the side. Lilly, as mentioned, would have radar sense, Hanako would be able to turn invisible, Emi would have super-speed, Rin would be telekinetic, and Shizune would have sonic powers (which she would be immune to, of course.)
There wouldn't be a harem ending. There would, however, be a forming-a-superhero-team ending.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
brythain

Post by brythain »

emmjay wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:Personally, I would have made Lilly untilise echolocation instead of that pansy-ass fucking cane of hers.

Why not just give her Daredevil's radar sense while you're at it?
All you need is start her off with Daniel Kish.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
linkoid

Post by linkoid »

0.0 I did not read the article. I should refrain from posting after a late night from now on. Yea, for sure.
Potato

Post by Potato »

linkoid wrote:0.0 I did not read the article. I should refrain from posting after a late night from now on. Yea, for sure.
So you posted an article with literally negative amounts of relevance to the topic without even reading it?

If I made the game, I'd have given Kenji a full route. And made it canon. 8)
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Potato wrote:
linkoid wrote:0.0 I did not read the article. I should refrain from posting after a late night from now on. Yea, for sure.
So you posted an article with literally negative amounts of relevance to the topic without even reading it?

I don't think I could have even created a character like Kenji.
Not Dead Yet
Potato

Post by Potato »

Oddball wrote:
Potato wrote:

It takes a special lack of sanity, for sure, but I think I could've managed. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Grimnir

Post by Grimnir »

Potato wrote:
Oddball wrote:
Potato wrote:If I made the game, I'd have given Kenji a full route. And made it canon. 8)
It takes a special lack of sanity, for sure, but I think I could've managed. :lol:
Looking at some posters here(myself included), plenty of people could pull that off.
I myself would write Kenji as a crusader against all furniture worldwide because of this article. (#7)
Misha: "Oh, Hi, I'm Misha and this is my hetero-life-mate, Silent Shicchan."