Waitaminute... Misha HAS to be bisexual.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Potato

Re: Waitaminute... Misha HAS to be bisexual.

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:Even if said consensus is that we can't know for sure.
That's the consensus for every speculation-based thread the instant it's posted into existence. Bor-ing. :P

But:

- She says she likes girls.

- She says she's never been with a guy. Specifically a guy.

- She was bullied before Yamaku, presumably for said preference given there's nothing else especially bully-provoking about her.

- TheHivemind on character sexuality: "who cares if she's bisexual (answer: some of the audience probably does, and will argue ways to show that she wasn't really bisexual, just curious, or there's no way he could be gay, because that's for some reason terrifying for a lot of dudes to consider (or in the case of poor Misha, will argue that she couldn't really be an out-and-out lesbian, because that means that I as a dude have no shot with this imaginary girl, so I will ignore what she says and call her bisexual), and go on to possibly miss the point entirely)"

That last should be taken with a grain of salt, being a dev's words and separated from its full context (viewable in the Ask! thread).
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:That last should be taken with a grain of salt, being a dev's words and separated from its full context (viewable in the Ask! thread).
Yeah, I saw that... I have a feeling my intentions were misinterpreted. It's my fault for being an idiot with the topic title, but still.

Can we change the topic title, actually? I feel like it's outdated.

Still, everybody knows the only imaginary girl I care about having a shot with isn't Misha... silly devs.

EDIT: And one thing has been left unclear... you say she specified that she liked girls but never said she liked boys... maybe she figured that was assumed? I mean, I'm naive to this, so maybe I have it wrong, but I'm pretty sure when somebody is about to have sex with somebody else, they don't usually have to specify that they are attracted to them, regardless of sexuality. I mean, can you imagine?

Guy: Honey?

Girl: Yes?

Guy: I'm... attracted to women.

I mean... no shit. Perhaps she only needed to say that she liked girls because it wasn't obvious at the time. Maybe not, but it's not out of the question either.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
ksfan1989

Post by ksfan1989 »

Misha doesn't say she doesn't like boys because there's absolutely no context where it would make sense for her to do that. The only context where that would make sense is her coming out moment, and given that she's not terribly bright and doesn't seem clear on what she wants at that point, it's possible that she lacks sufficient self-awareness and/or is too lost in her head at that point to even realize that there was room left for doubt. She may or may not have realized that what she was doing during the comfort scene was going to send some confusing signals, but even if she did she's not about to stop and clear that up. I'm pretty sure even Misha is clever enough to figure out that would spoil the mood pretty quickly.

Real people don't go around announcing their sexual preferences all the time. Why would Misha do that? It doesn't make sense.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

ksfan1989 wrote:Misha doesn't say she doesn't like boys because there's absolutely no context where it would make sense for her to do that. The only context where that would make sense is her coming out moment, and given that she's not terribly bright and doesn't seem clear on what she wants at that point, it's possible that she lacks sufficient self-awareness and/or is too lost in her head at that point to even realize that there was room left for doubt. She may or may not have realized that what she was doing during the comfort scene was going to send some confusing signals, but even if she did she's not about to stop and clear that up. I'm pretty sure even Misha is clever enough to figure out that would spoil the mood pretty quickly.

Real people don't go around announcing their sexual preferences all the time. Why would Misha do that? It doesn't make sense.
That's kind of what I meant, yeah. That would be... incredibly unsexy.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

ksfan1989 wrote:Real people don't go around announcing their sexual preferences all the time. Why would Misha do that? It doesn't make sense.
You obviously don't live in the United States....
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Steinherz wrote:
ksfan1989 wrote:Real people don't go around announcing their sexual preferences all the time. Why would Misha do that? It doesn't make sense.
You obviously don't live in the United States....
Ha... well, I hope they don't do it right before doing it or something similar, at least.

*About to orgasm*

I LIKE WOMEN!!
Potato

Post by Potato »

Except she does announce her preference. And it does not include men.

Sure, maybe she thought it was assumed but I would think Misha isn't entirely clueless. Yes, it would just be assumed...Unless she contradicted it, which she did by announcing otherwise. She contradicted it and then just stopped there. I highly doubt she's dim enough to not realize the impression that creates.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
Except she does announce her preference. And it does not include men.

Sure, maybe she thought it was assumed but I would think Misha isn't entirely clueless. Yes, it would just be assumed...Unless she contradicted it, which she did by announcing otherwise. She contradicted it and then just stopped there. I highly doubt she's dim enough to not realize the impression that creates.
She didn't contradict it though. Usually riding a guy's dick is a pretty good indication that you like boys too. Maybe she just thought that she had to say she liked girls because there was no other way Hisao would know that for sure, but she didn't say she liked guys because she was already asking for sex from one and gave Hisao credit for being smart enough to put two and two together. That might not be it, but it could be.

I mean, if I was about to eat a taco, and then I announced, "Hey guys, just so you know, I enjoy eating frozen turds on a stick" would you suddenly think that I didn't like tacos too? Would I also have to announce that I like tacos, just to be sure, because otherwise, eating turd on a stick would contradict me liking tacos? No, you'd assume I liked both, at least enough to eat them both. This is no different*.

*Minus the fact that, in the case that Misha is a lesbian, I by no means want to liken her sexuality or anybody else's to turd on a stick, I just needed a weird example and that's what I settled on because it was exaggerated enough to work
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:Usually riding a guy's dick is a pretty good indication that you like boys too.
Usually. But it can also indicate horrible desperation and loneliness built up over years of unrequited affection and triggered by a suddenly-crumbling facade of false happiness. :mrgreen:
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:Usually riding a guy's dick is a pretty good indication that you like boys too.
Usually. But it can also indicate horrible desperation and loneliness built up over years of unrequited affection and triggered by a suddenly-crumbling facade of false happiness. :mrgreen:
Yeah, that's where the ambiguity comes in. I'm just saying that she never said anything that proves either way what she is, which is why it seems odd that I was accused of ignoring her words*. I'm not, it's just that the context for her words makes it possible for them to mean multiple things.

*Unless that ask thing wasn't referring to this, in which case, never mind.
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Potato wrote: That last should be taken with a grain of salt, being a dev's words and separated from its full context (viewable in the Ask! thread).
To paraphrase Lois Mcmaster Bujold, the fanbase reserves the right to have a better idea.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I'd like to be clear too, the word "has" here referred to what makes sense in the context of the VN, I wasn't trying to say "Misha must like boys she isn't allowed to be a lesbian because I said so". I feel like that's a misconception that people have about this.
russianspy1234

Post by russianspy1234 »

Sexuality is far more complicated than gay/straight/bi even throwing pan in there, and some of the others isn't enough to account for asexuals, demisexuals, and several others. Kinsey did a report a while back which shows that people tend to fall on a scale of 0 to 6 with 0 being completely 100% never even thought about trying anything else straight, and 6 being 100% gay. 3 is equal preference of both sexes. So is Misha a 6? Seems not. Is anything other than 0 or 6 considered bi? I would think not. I can think of one or two male celebrities I'd make out with given the chance, but other than that I am only interested in women. The vast majority of people do not rate at 0 or 6, but at 1 or 5. So is Misha a 5? Seems like a good guess there. Saying she HAS TO BE bisexual is severely oversimplifying a complex issue.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Well, demisexuality doesn't affect the Kinsey scale at all, asexuality makes it completely irrelevant but doesn't necessarily break it.

Not identifying with the gender binary, now that really and truly breaks the Kinsey scale (unless you use it as 0 meaning "only has sex with those that also don't identify with the gender binary", 6 meaning "only has sex with those that do identify with the gender binary, regardless of which gender they identify as".)
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

russianspy1234 wrote: The vast majority of people do not rate at 0 or 6, but at 1 or 5. So is Misha a 5? Seems like a good guess there. Saying she HAS TO BE bisexual is severely oversimplifying a complex issue.
I was talking to one of my pan friends about this sort of thing in the car yesterday. Without getting into personal detail, she would be a 4 or maybe 4.5 on that scale, purely in terms of what equipment she'd prefer on a sexual partner. She has a boyfriend, but says currently she'd be much hotter for a girl for sexytimes, and that she'd absolutely love someone in female to male transition.