Waitaminute... Misha HAS to be bisexual.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

TheHivemind
Path Writer

Re: Waitaminute... Misha HAS to be bisexual.

Post by TheHivemind »

Is this still going on? Jesus Christ people, she's not into dudes. On the fluid scale of sexuality, she's on the side that prefers ladies. Or, you know, a lesbian if you want to assign a name to it. Her encounter with Hisao has a whole bunch of weird confused teenage angst and shit with it, because she is a confused and angsty teen. Who prefers ladies.

Also I know the thing the kids are into these days is shitting on how weird tumblr kidsis, but this is not the place for that. This is, apparently, a place for debating questions I already answered like a year ago.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

TheHivemind wrote:Is this still going on? Jesus Christ people, she's not into dudes. On the fluid scale of sexuality, she's on the side that prefers ladies. Or, you know, a lesbian if you want to assign a name to it. Her encounter with Hisao has a whole bunch of weird confused teenage angst and shit with it, because she is a confused and angsty teen. Who prefers ladies.
Those words shall be picked apart and analyzed now. Just what does 'prefers' mean?

"Well, the a preference for this does not necessarily indicate a limited focus etc etc"
"Oh yes but TheHivemind didn't write that path."

*dies*
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

TheHivemind wrote:Is this still going on? Jesus Christ people, she's not into dudes. On the fluid scale of sexuality, she's on the side that prefers ladies. Or, you know, a lesbian if you want to assign a name to it. Her encounter with Hisao has a whole bunch of weird confused teenage angst and shit with it, because she is a confused and angsty teen. Who prefers ladies.

Also I know the thing the kids are into these days is shitting on how weird tumblr kidsis, but this is not the place for that. This is, apparently, a place for debating questions I already answered like a year ago.
*jams fingers in ears*

LA LA LA LA, I'M NOT LISTENING TO YOU!!!
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
Atario

Post by Atario »

TheHivemind wrote:she's not into dudes. On the fluid scale of sexuality, she's on the side that prefers ladies. Or, you know, a lesbian if you want to assign a name to it. Her encounter with Hisao has a whole bunch of weird confused teenage angst and shit with it, because she is a confused and angsty teen. Who prefers ladies.
I used to dislike this answer, but now I think I like it. Why? Because it means I have much less justifying to do when 'shipping apparently-incompatible sets of characters. :mrgreen:
This is, apparently, a place for debating questions I already answered like a year ago.
You brought it on yourself with that "only what's in the game is canon" stuff, y'nkow. :P
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

I don't know why Hivemind is so annoyed by this question. He did say in the Ask thread that only what it's in the game is canon (and Suriko, and Aura, and probably cpl_crud..) :)

It's not only a matter of people projecting their own wishes for the character in spite of what the game actually says. Misha's-bisexual-truthers (of which I'm not, I'm on the fence and leaning toward "lesbian") have given examples of where the game seems to ambiguously suggest that maybe her sexuality is not so clear-cut. For example, the conversation she has with Hisao near the staircase. She asks him why he's doing this, why he's trying to cheer her up, he says it's not just for Shizune it's because Misha is his friend. Then she smiles and asks "Is that the only reason?". Before Hisao gets to ask her what else she wants to hear the school bell rings, but I think the implication that some people got was that she wanted to know whether Hisao really liked her. She did after all tell him that she'd be OK with him thinking dirty thoughts about her.
Last edited by Valjean Lafitte on Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
300BillionDegrees

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

I'm pretty sure that around that age everyone is somewhat emotionally immature and probably pretty screwed up. Between crazy levels of hormones and a brain that is still not fully developed (but thinks it is), the teen angst reaches crazy levels.

And for some reason, that line made me think of the line in Heathers where Veronica says, "My teen angst bullshit has a body count."

Not sure where to go with this from here >.>
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:For example, the conversation she has with Hisao near the staircase. She asks him why he's doing this, why he's trying to cheer her up, he says it's not just for Shizune it's because Misha is his friend. Then she smiles and asks "Is that the only reason?". Before Hisao gets to ask her what else she wants to hear the school bell rings, but I think the implication that someone people got was that she wanted to know whether Hisao really liked her.
Yeah, that whole scene is the one that made me go "Misha is likely not actually 100% lesbian, maybe 60/40"
Valjean Lafitte wrote:She did after all tell him that she'd be OK with him thinking dirty thoughts about her.
I know I do :3 And most of my friends who've played Katawa Shoujo too :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

metalangel wrote:
Those words shall be picked apart and analyzed now. Just what does 'prefers' mean?

"Well, the a preference for this does not necessarily indicate a limited focus etc etc"
"Oh yes but TheHivemind didn't write that path."

*dies*
I can think about two possibilities : "prefers" may mean that someone finds the body of a sex more attractive than those of the other sex. (which does not mean she/he can't be attracted to them, just less) or that person tends to have crush on people of one sex but can even if it's more rare find some people of the other sex just as much attractive.

The problem of this "debate" is that it derails on a treadh about the fluidity of sexual orientations, it's not a wrong things but that does not mean that Misha couldn't be a lesbian : maybe the writer thought about a love triangle with a lesbian and don't have wanted to makes a story about sexual fluidity. (most likely)
or she might be just lesbian. (I don't have nothing against these ideas of sexual preference fluidity, but they tend to say that everyone is pansexual and deny that 100% heteros or homos exist)

The sex scene is pretty ambiguous..so you can't be 100% sure and the only one argument of those who thinks she could be bi/pansexual seems to be just "I think that everyone is pansexual", since all this talk about the fluidity is just that everyone can have crush on any sex without caterogisation and have nothing more to do with Misha than with Mickey.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Valjean Lafitte

I'm sorry for bumping this thread again, but I thought this might be worth bringing into the discussion:

https://cplcrud.wordpress.com/4ls-era-f ... isha-path/

This is an old "fanfic" by cpl_crud (is it a fanfic when it's written by one of the writers?) called "Misha Path" in which Hisao briefly recounts the story of his Shizune's and Misha's post-high school lives together to Shizune's daughter Kumiko. Aura once mentioned in the "Ask" thread that one of the devs had seriously pitched the idea of doing a Misha route. This is only speculative, but I'd like to think that a Misha route would have been written by cpl_crud, because on his blog he has said that she and Shizune are easy to write for, and that he considers Misha a fun character. But then again, that's just me talking out of my speculating ass; I naturally have no idea which writer Aura was referring to. But interestingly, the Misha that cpl_crud writes about is a little more fluid in her sexuality. Not only does Hisao call what he, Misha and Shizune shared a "ménage a trois", but here Misha marries Hisao after Shizune moves out of their apartment.

Of course, I don't buy into the theory that states that anything a writer says post-publication can be considered canon, but *if* I did, I would argue that cpl_crud writing about a bisexual Misha is just as concrete as Hivemind saying that she is 100% lesbian. Neither of them wrote the arc anyway. :)
"Everything."
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:Of course, I don't buy into the theory that states that anything a writer says post-publication can be considered canon,
Sooo... you don't think that Dumbledore is gay? :roll:

Also, I would not go out of my way to treat any piece of dev fiction I read as being canon. That would yield some... scary scenarios.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Valjean Lafitte

Mahorfeus wrote:
Valjean Lafitte wrote:Of course, I don't buy into the theory that states that anything a writer says post-publication can be considered canon,

Also, I would not go out of my way to treat any piece of dev fiction I read as being canon. That would yield some... scary scenarios.
If there aren't any near-conclusive hints that he's gay, sure. I dunno, never read any of the Harry Potter books.
But yeah, I don't treat dev fiction as canon, but I wouldn't fault someone for giving it more weight than it's due.
Outside of the boundaries of the work itself canon is completely relative, in my opinion.
Last edited by Valjean Lafitte on Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Everything."
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:
Mahorfeus wrote:

If there aren't any near-conclusive hints that he's gay, sure. I dunno, never read any of the Harry Potter books.
But yeah, I don't treat dev fiction as canon, but it wouldn't fault someone for giving it more weight than it's due.
Outside of the boundaries of the work itself canon is completely relative, in my opinion.
Well there were absolutely nothing about Dumbledore being gay in the books. Honestly I think J.K Rowling did that just so she'd stay relevant because her cash-cow had finished it's run.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
FBOF

Post by FBOF »

I figured her a lesbian rather quickly because I think she could have gotten any guy she wanted with her out-going personality & stellar looks. Being the straight-forward one, she wouldn't wait for her love-intrest to make the first move but rather claim him/her as soon as she felt ready (same dealy with Shizume there, since Misha confessed to her when she felt comfortable doing so).

Considering she's just a teenager like the others in the story line, I doubt she done experimenting. Seeing how crippled she felt from her unrequited love for Shizune, perhaps she figured having sex with a man might "cure" her crippling sad mood/depression. Identity-crises aren't uncommon with teenagers or even adults, so I'm pretty sure she was going through one herself at that stage (feeling utterly denied and unloved).
Atario

Post by Atario »

FBOF wrote:she could have gotten any guy she wanted with her out-going personality & stellar looks
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
FBOF

Post by FBOF »

Atario wrote:
FBOF wrote:she could have gotten any guy she wanted with her out-going personality & stellar looks
Feel free to explain.
Last edited by Silentcook on Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't quote images that were just posted, people...