Waitaminute... Misha HAS to be bisexual.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: Waitaminute... Misha HAS to be bisexual.

Post by SpunkySix »

Why don't they teach about this stuff? I knew pansexuals and other in-betweens existed, but I honestly had no idea it was such a complex, gray issue.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

And, actually, the Kinsey scale does have a case for asexuality, X.

I guess someone who doesn't identify with the gender binary would automatically be a Kinsey 3 regardless of their sexual preferences, because they're neither homosexual nor heterosexual, and therefore they're equally so.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

I have a suspicion that the gender binary being breached pretty much 'crashes' the Kinsey Scale, as it's entirely based on likings for same/opposite gender - if you don't consider yourself to have a gender, or identify yourself as both, I'd imagine that's like division by 0.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Actually, the dev's answered this already.

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4896&start=2640
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
brythain

Post by brythain »

ArcCain wrote:Actually, the dev's answered this already.

Specifically, The Hivemind, here.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

brythain wrote:

Oh. Well then, I was horribly wrong all over now, wasn't I?

-50 points to Spunkindor.

The scene works better that way, so it's for the best.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

Hiya, first time poster here apologizing in advance for bumping a 4 1/2 month old thread. I just didn't see what I'm about to see what I'm about to post addressed anywhere else, and this seemed to be the most logical thread to bring it up; you guys can be judges of whether it was worth thread bumping for.
brythain wrote:

With all due respect to The Hivemind, I see an inconsistency between the answer he gave in that thread for one of Misha's reasons for sleeping with Hisao and what the game itself tells us about Misha. Specifically, the "column B" half of his answer:
TheHivemind wrote:
ArcCain wrote:I take it she felt confused or dose she just sleep whit Hisao to try and end his relationship whit Shizune?
A little from column A, a little from column B.
I have to admit something up front, and that is that I am still very much a newb to this game, and I've not yet completed Shizune's route (though I'm well on my way to the bad ending). I only found this thread because I was looking for concrete answers about Misha's sexuality, to hopefully find some relief in the sea of mixed feels I find myself in having gone from believing Misha liked Hisao, to finding out she doesn't like guys, to then wondering why in the world she slept with him if she knew she likely wouldn't enjoy it. I much prefer to think that, column A, she was emotionally, sexually, maybe even romantically confused, rather than believe she used Hisao, even just a little. But enough rambling--here's why I think that way in spite of the answer given by Hivemind quoted above: the fact that the game itself is quite clear on the fact that Misha doesn't want to get Hisao out of the picture.

Hisao says something to the effect of "So you thought it would be better if I wasn't around", to which Misha looks confused, and he notes that the thought never occurred to her. What's more is that she goes on to say that she wondered if she was beginning to hate Shizune and Hisao, but realized that she didn't; in fact, she makes a point of saying that she doesn't want to lose either of them. Hisao is a good friend. Shizune is someone she still loves, and is still feeling the sting of rejection from, but, during her conversation with Hisao, there's no sign that she still believes or believed that it could work out between them (which is a large part of why she is depressed to begin with). So why would she jeopardize both of their friendships at once by sleeping with Hisao? I don't want to believe that Misha could be that devious, or delusional enough to think that it would work in her favor (even though it is Misha we're talking about here). Since he is one of the writers, I should be inclined to accept anything The Hivemind writes as "word of god", i.e., canon, but saying Misha wanted to separate Hisao from Shizune, even a little, doesn't seem to gel with what the game's script tells us about the way she views either of them. Misha is just too damn innocent for that, and it's my two cents that she was only confused.

But what do I know? This all could have been explained better elsewhere by THM or one of the other devs, and if I missed that and bumped an old thread for nothing, I do apologize most sincerely. This is just my humble, quite possibly uninformed take on Misha and her motives.
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I don't neccesarily see any contradiction.
You can identify your sexuality one way and still be confused in moments of emotional distress. I'm also quite sure that Misha'd never intentionally sabotage Shizune's relationship, but her subconscious might have played a trick on her.

That said it's also quite possible that Hivemind just wanted to get a wisecrack in and what he said was in no way to be taken seriously. After all it was A22 who wrote that scene.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Valjean Lafitte

Mirage_GSM wrote:I don't neccesarily see any contradiction.
You can identify your sexuality one way and still be confused in moments of emotional distress. I'm also quite sure that Misha'd never intentionally sabotage Shizune's relationship, but her subconscious might have played a trick on her.
Oh, I didn't mean to imply that I saw a contradiction between her homosexuality and her sleeping with Hisao. Although it could be speculated that she was bi-curious, I definitely chalk her actions up to confusion, and at worst, as you say, a subconscious attempt at sabotaging Shizune's relationship with Hisao. I just don't think that if Misha had intentionally done such a thing that it would be very consistent with her feelings towards Hisao as shown in the rooftop scene. She is jealous but clearly does not want to deliberately do anything that would jeopardize her friendship with the two of them, and would rather distance herself from the pair than hurt them.
That said it's also quite possible that Hivemind just wanted to get a wisecrack in and what he said was in no way to be taken seriously. After all it was A22 who wrote that scene.
Well, there's that too. I had wanted to say that that itself is reason enough to take what he says about Misha with a grain of salt, but I'm still new enough around here to know that I shouldn't presuppose how qualified any one of the writers is to say anything authoritative about another's work. That, and I'm not so good at telling when someone is just joking/trolling. :P
"Everything."
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

I don't think her sexuality or preferences had anything to do with sleeping with Hisao.

She was depressed and had a moment of weakness. I don't mean weakness towards her sexuality or any active thoughts that she wanted to experiment, but she wanted to do something that "felt good" in order to take her mind off her emotional pain.

It didn't have to be sex. It really could have been anything. I think in the frame of mind she was in, she could have just as easily eaten a whole container of ice cream. I doubt it was anything she put thought into and that it went beyond "I want to feel good right now. Sex feels good. Let's have sex."

I admit I've been in the same funk before, where I've used sex merely as a way to improve a horrible mood as opposed to any deeper meaning behind it. It's hard to explain to someone unless you've been there, which is one of the reasons that scene resonated with me.
Last edited by Eurobeatjester on Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Eurobeatjester wrote:"I want to feel good right now. Sex feels good. Let's have sex."
Pretty much. And it didn't even seem to accomplish that. Poor Misha...
Valjean Lafitte

I need to stop playing Katawa Shoujo just before heading to work. I spent all of last night in a funk over my boneheaded decision to comfort Misha, the revelation that she once confessed her love to Shizune and is still hurt over being turned down (I always had a feeling she was secretly depressed, but, damn.), and now I have next eight Katawa-less hours to reflect on that depressing bad ending--oh boy. :(

EDIT: I quickly realized this post should have gone in the Random KS Discussion thread, but at least it's sort of still related to the topic of Misha. Sorry!
"Everything."
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:EDIT: I quickly realized this post should have gone in the Random KS Discussion thread, but at least it's sort of still related to the topic of Misha. Sorry!
Don't worry, it actually fits better here. Random KS Discussion is something of a sump, and one which could suddenly get filled up in any case. :twisted:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:boneheaded decision to comfort Misha
Best decision you ever made, you mean.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Valjean Lafitte

Eurobeatjester wrote:
It didn't have to be sex. It really could have been anything. I think in the frame of mind she was in, she could have just as easily eaten a dozen parfaits from The Shanghai
Fixed. :mrgreen:
Silentcook wrote:
Valjean Lafitte wrote:EDIT: I quickly realized this post should have gone in the Random KS Discussion thread, but at least it's sort of still related to the topic of Misha. Sorry!
Don't worry, it actually fits better here. Random KS Discussion is something of a sump, and one which could suddenly get filled up in any case. :twisted:
I..actually had to look up what a sump was: :oops:
1: a pit or reservoir serving as a drain or receptacle for liquids: as
a : cesspool
b : a pit at the lowest point in a circulating or drainage system (as the oil-circulating system of an internal combustion engine)[/b]
The more you know! :D
CoffeeDrive wrote:
Valjean Lafitte wrote:boneheaded decision to comfort Misha
Best decision you ever made, you mean.
Sure, I guess..if I hated Shizune. :(
Last edited by Valjean Lafitte on Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Everything."