Waitaminute... Misha HAS to be bisexual.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

bhtooefr

Re: Waitaminute... Misha HAS to be bisexual.

Post by bhtooefr »

One problem is the whole, sex vs. gender dichotomy, and that is a clusterfuck of language.

However, the -sexualities are referring to who you're sexually attracted to, not the sex or gender of that person.

And, technically, some that identify as bisexual are actually pansexual - they're also attracted to those that lie outside the gender or sexual binary.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Atario

Post by Atario »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Emi wrote:"You're not my first boyfriend. I dated a guy for a long while during my second year at Yamaku..."
To be fair, that's not mutually exclusive. Hisao could be her second boyfriend, even if she did experiment with Misha. Hell, her experimentation may have even been cheating on that boyfriend, or something.

And I took that comment, along with some of the other context, as being similar to "I wasn't asleep and welcome to the Shanghai!"-level.
Note the numerus in there? "A guy." Not "some people", one. And male.
She still didn't exclude other cases. "You're not my first boyfriend. I dated a guy for a long while during my second year at Yamaku" could easily be followed by ", but I have scissored several of your own girl-classmates, Chuckles!".

Re: all the gender/sex permutationism: complications and hypersensitivity aside, the upshot here is that the only way Misha could be an actual lesbian is if she was deliberately contravening her own sexual preferences to be with Hisao. I have seen devs insist (for whatever such insistences are worth) that she is flat-out, no-foolin', a lesbian. If we take that to be true, then it implies some pretty desperate things about our favorite Pink-Haired Magical Girl.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

The other possibility is that she's bisexual, but homoromantic.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Potato

Post by Potato »

Atario wrote:If we take that to be true, then it implies some pretty desperate things about our favorite Pink-Haired Magical Girl.
Indeed. But those things make sense enough given her state.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Potato wrote: This is how I always interpreted her stealing Shizune's hairstyle so it's possible she went further with it. :lol:
Not sure if it's answered yet--haven't check the forums due to increase workload.

If you're familiar with a few Japanese cultural perks, cutting one's hair after keeping the same hair style for a long time means that person is moving on--or trying to--from a lost love. I found it suspicious at first, thinking that Misha actually refers to 'given up' on Hisao.

Then the bomb. So yeah
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

Honestly, the first time I saw the new haircut I thought "why is Misha sporting a baby dyke haircut?"

OH. THAT's why. :)
Potato

Post by Potato »

Megumeru wrote:
Potato wrote: This is how I always interpreted her stealing Shizune's hairstyle so it's possible she went further with it. :lol:
Not sure if it's answered yet--haven't check the forums due to increase workload.

If you're familiar with a few Japanese cultural perks, cutting one's hair after keeping the same hair style for a long time means that person is moving on--or trying to--from a lost love. I found it suspicious at first, thinking that Misha actually refers to 'given up' on Hisao.

Then the bomb. So yeah
Oh, in that case, Misha sucks at trying to move on. Yoda does not approve.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

It's possible that Misha was just experimenting. High Schoolers aren't always defined in their sexual identities yet.

The real question in my mind is this: did Misha not particularly enjoy having sex with Hisao in the Bad Ending branch because he was a man, or because she felt bad about screwing her best friend's boyfriend?

Also: During the Misha H-scene, Misha says she's 'never done this with a man before'. So... does that imply that Misha has had sex with another girl before? And if so, WHO!?
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

someguy1294 wrote:So... does that imply that Misha has had sex with another girl before? And if so, WHO!?
The answers to that are "Maybe" and "most probably someone she met before going to Yamaku."
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

someguy1294 wrote:
The real question in my mind is this: did Misha not particularly enjoy having sex with Hisao in the Bad Ending branch because he was a man, or because she felt bad about screwing her best friend's boyfriend?
Probably a mix of a lot of things - I think the ones you mentioned are valid, along with her being seriously depressed (it's tough to enjoy anything when like that)... and maybe she felt bad because it wasn't Shizune?
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
someguy1294 wrote:
Probably a mix of a lot of things - I think the ones you mentioned are valid, along with her being seriously depressed (it's tough to enjoy anything when like that)... and maybe she felt bad because it wasn't Shizune?
She wanted the blue smart and had to settle for protag brown. That's rough sometimes.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
someguy1294 wrote:
That and she said it's her first time with a guy, and very often that would be a bit uncomfortable in any case
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
ksfan1989

Post by ksfan1989 »

Atario wrote: I have seen devs insist (for whatever such insistences are worth) that she is flat-out, no-foolin', a lesbian. If we take that to be true, then it implies some pretty desperate things about our favorite Pink-Haired Magical Girl.
The only thing it implies is that she's young, confused, and in an emotionally fragile place.

You might be surprised at how many flat-out no-foolin homosexual folks have had a heterosexual relationship of some sort, especially at that age. For those of us who are hetero it's easy to just be who we are. For anyone else they're constantly bombarded with messaging that tells them they should be hetero. It's a lot to deal with. Throw in some depression and watching the girl you love fall in love with someone else, and a lot of things that would be unthinkable in normal circumstances are suddenly quite manageable.

I would imagine her thought process is that she should have sex with a guy because maybe she'd like it. She's never tried it, so she doesn't know what she's missing. And if she can like having sex with guys then maybe she's not really a lesbian, and if she's not really a lesbian, then maybe she can not be in love with Shizune. Naturally she decides to try it with Hisao since he's the guy she trusts most at that point. It goes about as well as you'd expect.

I've seen this kind of thing happen in the real world. I have no trouble accepting it in fiction.
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

ksfan1989 wrote:
Atario wrote: I have seen devs insist (for whatever such insistences are worth) that she is flat-out, no-foolin', a lesbian. If we take that to be true, then it implies some pretty desperate things about our favorite Pink-Haired Magical Girl.
The only thing it implies is that she's young, confused, and in an emotionally fragile place.

You might be surprised at how many flat-out no-foolin homosexual folks have had a heterosexual relationship of some sort, especially at that age.
I have trouble believing Misha is a straight up lesbian because... well, because part of me ships Misha x Hisao, honestly. :lol:

At the very least, Misha is bi-curious. She must have had some level of attraction to Hisao, or she wouldn't have tried to have sex with him. I really think that under different circumstances, Misha and Hisao could have had a solid relationship and had plenty of sex that wasn't ruined by crushing guilt and depression.

And Misha cutting off her drills. :cry:
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
ksfan1989

Post by ksfan1989 »

someguy1294 wrote:I have trouble believing Misha is a straight up lesbian because... well, because part of me ships Misha x Hisao, honestly. :lol:
As far as I'm able to tell, most of the protesting about Misha's sexuality comes from wishful thinking. Props for being honest about it.

The narrative as it exists doesn't really support that interpretation, but that's never stopped fans of any other work so I guess there's no reason it would stop you guys.