I wonder how many dreams Hisao inadvertently crushed

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Potato

Re: I wonder how many dreams Hisao inadvertently crushed

Post by Potato »

Munchenhausen wrote:You two gave me a hearty chuckle.
8)

I wonder how many dreams were crushed by Hisao bailing on his old school and all his old friends...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:You two gave me a hearty chuckle.
8)

I wonder how many dreams were crushed by Hisao bailing on his old school and all his old friends...
Whoa, now that's a thought. At least one, actually. Had to be more.

And you're welcome Munch.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

KeiichiO wrote:
Potato wrote:And Emi...Well, we know she's dated before so she probably had some admirers. Maybe the excessive fondness for lemon turned them off...
That's a turn ON, if you ask me.
Things could very easily go sour. A bitter end is inevitable.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

HarvestmanMan wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:
Potato wrote:And Emi...Well, we know she's dated before so she probably had some admirers. Maybe the excessive fondness for lemon turned them off...
That's a turn ON, if you ask me.
Things could very easily go sour. A bitter end is inevitable.
Pucker up and kiss her ass goodbye.
d2r

Post by d2r »

Some day we'll go more than a page of discussion involving Emi without making a lemon joke. Some day. :wink:
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
Atario

Post by Atario »

Silentcook wrote:
d2r wrote:Why anyone would be put off by this fact continues to astound me.
I figure a sizable part of the motive behind that is, even if you suck dohohoho, an inexperienced girl would still be unable to realize it immediately.
We males often prefer to accept bodily injuries rather than injured pride.
Very much this. To put it more bluntly: guys who insist on being the first know they're going to be a disappointment otherwise. See also: otaku cries of "used and soiled".
HarvestmanMan wrote:A bitter end is inevitable.
You clever sonofabitch.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Atario wrote:
Silentcook wrote:
d2r wrote:Why anyone would be put off by this fact continues to astound me.
I figure a sizable part of the motive behind that is, even if you suck dohohoho, an inexperienced girl would still be unable to realize it immediately.
We males often prefer to accept bodily injuries rather than injured pride.
Very much this. To put it more bluntly: guys who insist on being the first know they're going to be a disappointment otherwise. See also: otaku cries of "used and soiled".
That's often part of it, but I can also see the simple joy of sharing the discovery being nice too.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Potato wrote: I wonder how many dreams were crushed by Hisao bailing on his old school and all his old friends...
I'd say not that many. If it was only around a month afterwards, if that, that most his friends and schoolmates stopped visiting, it's unlikely that they cared enough to have any dreams of any substance. Either that, or they were incredibly fickle, which is always a possibility. You'd think that there might be at least one person that would at least attempt to show continued interest if anyone had any dreams that were crushable.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Grimnir

Post by Grimnir »

d2r wrote:
Grimnir wrote:Emi: She mentioned she had at least one boyfriend before, right?
Why anyone would be put off by this fact continues to astound me.
Put off? Nah, I was just asking if she actually said that in her route, or if that was something I've read in a fanfic or whatever. It's been a while since I played her route.
Because if that is true, at least one asked her out and had sucess, meaning the question in the beginning doesn't apply to her.

Asside from that. Who says none of them (minus Emi) had a relationship before Hisao? Maybe they were short lived. I don't realy remember who had mentionend if they were engaged before him or not but for the ones who didn't, maybe they were and didn't tell. Would you tell your new girlfriend/boyfriend "Oh yeah, I had X amount of relationships before you."?
Misha: "Oh, Hi, I'm Misha and this is my hetero-life-mate, Silent Shicchan."
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Because if that is true, at least one asked her out and had sucess, meaning the question in the beginning doesn't apply to her.
Nope. In this case it was Emi who crushed someone's dreams.
Asside from that. Who says none of them (minus Emi) had a relationship before Hisao? Maybe they were short lived. I don't realy remember who had mentionend if they were engaged before him or not but for the ones who didn't, maybe they were and didn't tell. Would you tell your new girlfriend/boyfriend "Oh yeah, I had X amount of relationships before you."?
Lilly's never had a relationship before. She's had plenty of confessions, but turned them all down.

Hanako spent the last 10 years almost completely isolated. That pretty much rules out a relationship.

Rin doesn't even differentiate between friendships and relationships, but she certainly hasn't had sex before and given her inability to deal with Hisao's confessions it's probably fairly safe to say she's never had a boyfriend either.

It's hard to tell for Shizune, but she certainly doesn't give off the impression of being someone with relationship experience.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Guest Poster wrote:but she certainly hasn't had sex before
Do we actually know that?
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Grimnir

Post by Grimnir »

Guest Poster wrote:Lilly's never had a relationship before. She's had plenty of confessions, but turned them all down.

Hanako spent the last 10 years almost completely isolated. That pretty much rules out a relationship.

Rin doesn't even differentiate between friendships and relationships, but she certainly hasn't had sex before and given her inability to deal with Hisao's confessions it's probably fairly safe to say she's never had a boyfriend either.

It's hard to tell for Shizune, but she certainly doesn't give off the impression of being someone with relationship experience.
So Lilly mentioned this, too? Damn I need to play the actual game again instead of read tons of fanfics, I don't know what is canon anymore. And it's your fault since it was you who mentioned it in your fanfic. xD (Good job btw.)
Okay Hanako is the only one where we can really asume she never was in a relationship.
In Rins case I simply don't know since I didn't play her route yet, but from what you mentioned she could've had one that really didn't last very long and/or she didn't realize as such.
With Shizune I agree, but it's at least believable she had a boyfriend before. Maybe she doesn't come across that way because Hisao is her first "serious" boyfriend.
Misha: "Oh, Hi, I'm Misha and this is my hetero-life-mate, Silent Shicchan."
Potato

Post by Potato »

Grimnir wrote:I don't realy remember who had mentionend if they were engaged before him or not...
I should hope none of them were ever engaged before Hisao...It's high school, damn. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
Grimnir wrote:I don't realy remember who had mentionend if they were engaged before him or not...
I should hope none of them were ever engaged before Hisao...It's high school, damn. :lol:
Engaged in battle, my sweet Potato. After all, love is a battlefield.
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:sweet Potato.
Pun intended or no?

No, Risk is a battlefield. Love is more like Minesweeper, a frustrating crapshoot. :lol:

I wonder what Iwanako ended up doing during her year...