Liking Shizune but not enjoying her route?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

brythain

Re: Liking Shizune but not enjoying her route?

Post by brythain »

Potato wrote:^ This guy. He's pretty much nailed it. :lol:
Again. And with his usual nail gun attack. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Atario

Post by Atario »

My goodness, this thread took a turn for the unexpectedly heated… Ara ara~!
ProfAllister wrote:I feel that Megumeru has a compelling point with the lack of a topknot - symbolic visuals like that are a pretty big thing.
Would any modern-day actual human person do this, though?
it was always my impression that the chairsex was going on while Jiggs was still yelling at Misha (and Hideaki).
It's pretty explicitly stated. He follows her back into the house, has some conversation, goes to his room, she follows, more conversation, then boom.
Emi a slut: I yet again see the claim that canon states that Emi had sex before Hisao. I could care less about whether or not Emi's "pure," but this persistent claim baffles me.
I think it's just that she had a serious boyfriend before Hisao; it would be a little odd for there to have been no sex there. Needless to say, that doesn't make anyone "a slut".
Read ALL the Routes! (Including the bad ends): I'm ProfAllister, and I approve this message.
So very much this.
Now, I may be less adept at the whole "reading comprehension" thing than some other forumgoers here, but I'm a little confused as to how this implies that Shizune and Hisao aren't staying together.
Consider:
The game wrote:Hisao: "Do they do that reunion thing here?"
Shizune: [Of course they do.]
Misha: "A Student Council member should know that~!"
Shizune: [Sooner than that, though, okay? Both of you.]
Misha: "Right~!"
Hisao: "Yeah."
Shizune: [Yuuko! You do the pose, too! Afterwards, we can go for tea.]
Shizune laughs, as if she doesn't have a care in the world, Misha's laughter joining with hers as easily as if it were her own. We'll meet again.
It's a lot of reassurances of meeting again, for anyone taking it for granted that contact will be continuous. It reads more like a "hey, keep in touch" farewell than a "so what are we doing this weekend?" daily wrap-up.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Atario wrote:My goodness, this thread took a turn for the unexpectedly heated…
Ironically, I think Shizune would be delighted to see it go in this direction. I feel like she'd be temped to jump right in. I have to admit, she'd make a fun debate partner.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Potato

Post by Potato »

Atario wrote:Would any modern-day actual human person do this, though?

Honestly...Yeah, probably.

Actual humans apparently love doing ridiculous and stupid-looking things.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
Atario wrote:Would any modern-day actual human person do this, though?

Honestly...Yeah, probably.

Actual humans apparently love doing ridiculous and stupid-looking things.
That last one always bothers me, because it should be awesome, but it's fake so it veers into creepy territory instead.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I yet again see the claim that canon states that Emi had sex before Hisao. I could care less about whether or not Emi's "pure," but this persistent claim baffles me. Did I just miss something? Could someone please point out the scene/line that states this?
There's no such line. It's conjecture. Emi states she's had a boyfriend at Yamaku before with whom she eventually broke up. It's fairly tempting for people to assume that that previous relationship initially fared the same way as her relationship with Hisao did: get together, do fun stuff, boyfriend starts noticing the relationship feels kinda shallow, distraction with sex, boyfriend notes that relationship is still shallow despite the ugly bumping, boyfriend tries to get closer, Emi's commitment issues pop up and she dumps his ass. Emi having had sexual experience before Hisao is a bit reinforced by her comment that runner's high is even better than sex (might have been a joke to troll Hisao) and the fact she immediately takes the lead without even being awkward about it. It's not an airtight theory, but it's not particularly out there either.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Guest Poster wrote:
I yet again see the claim that canon states that Emi had sex before Hisao. I could care less about whether or not Emi's "pure," but this persistent claim baffles me. Did I just miss something? Could someone please point out the scene/line that states this?
There's no such line. It's conjecture. Emi states she's had a boyfriend at Yamaku before with whom she eventually broke up. It's fairly tempting for people to assume that that previous relationship initially fared the same way as her relationship with Hisao did: get together, do fun stuff, boyfriend starts noticing the relationship feels kinda shallow, distraction with sex, boyfriend notes that relationship is still shallow despite the ugly bumping, boyfriend tries to get closer, Emi's commitment issues pop up and she dumps his ass. Emi having had sexual experience before Hisao is a bit reinforced by her comment that runner's high is even better than sex (might have been a joke to troll Hisao) and the fact she immediately takes the lead without even being awkward about it. It's not an airtight theory, but it's not particularly out there either.
Doesn't she mention that Hisao was her first though, or was that just for the big bare-booty bouncing brouhaha bang bang? I distinctly remember Hisao wondering about this and then feeling relieved that nobody else had "been there" yet, so to speak.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Doesn't she mention that Hisao was her first though, or was that just for the big bare-booty bouncing brouhaha bang bang? I distinctly remember Hisao wondering about this and then feeling relieved that nobody else had "been there" yet, so to speak.
I don't recall that. The revelation of her having been in a relationship before comes very late in the route. If you have a quote that contradicts it, feel free to post it.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Guest Poster wrote:
I don't recall that. The revelation of her having been in a relationship before comes very late in the route. If you have a quote that contradicts it, feel free to post it.
Alright, I'm looking... I feel like she talks about having had a relationship, but not getting as far sex-wise some time before her third scene... carry on, I'll either find it or I won't.
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:
Alright, I'm looking... I feel like she talks about having had a relationship, but not getting as far sex-wise some time before her third scene... carry on, I'll either find it or I won't.
Given her issues with closeness and relationships, I'd assume she boned the last guy as a substitute for real attachment same as she does with Hisao. Why would she start a relationship, knowing she can't actually handle one, then not fuck the guy? :lol:

Unless she referred to the track captain. In which case, I assume she tried to pull the same tactic only to find her advances rejected because vaginas gross him out. Thus ending said relationship.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Track captain might well be it, actually, considering Hisao's relief.

Although I doubt Hisao was Emi's first, but I do distinctly remember Hisao's relief at learning the Track Cpt was gay. You might have mixed your memories :P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Seeing that the track captain was gay, I doubt he'd even start a relationship with Emi, much less keep one going until the point where Emi's attachment issues were ready to come up.

And yeah, I do remember Hisao feeling relief over the fact that the track captain and Emi weren't an item.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Munchenhausen wrote:Track captain might well be it, actually, considering Hisao's relief.

Although I doubt Hisao was Emi's first, but I do distinctly remember Hisao's relief at learning the Track Cpt was gay. You might have mixed your memories :P
Might be it.

The foreshadowing for that was great, by the way.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Guest Poster wrote:Seeing that the track captain was gay, I doubt he'd even start a relationship with Emi
Sadly, we do live in a world where it's not unheard of for gays to conceal their sexuality to the extent of hooking up with an opposite-sex partner as a cover...

But if it's not him, then it's just some unmentioned nobody so whatevs. :lol:
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:Seeing that the track captain was gay, I doubt he'd even start a relationship with Emi
Sadly, we do live in a world where it's not unheard of for gays to conceal their sexuality to the extent of hooking up with an opposite-sex partner as a cover...

But if it's not him, then it's just some unmentioned nobody so whatevs. :lol:
Or Kenji.