Liking Shizune but not enjoying her route?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: Liking Shizune but not enjoying her route?

Post by SpunkySix »

Megumeru wrote:
Potato wrote:
Megumeru wrote:That's why we have Emi who appeals right in the center of the spectrum.
So Emi's the ideal route. Being in the center, it stands to reason that her route contains a balance of both ends.
Not exactly.

It appeals to both end of the spectrum, but to some it might be 'lacking' in feels, or 'lacking' in engagement.

'Ideal' itself is a concept that is dependant on the personal interpretation of an individual. Personally myself, I find an 'ideal' story to be one of those that makes the readers think, ponder, and wonder about certain decisions; something that challenges and feed the mind with thoughts, but that's just me (which is why Shizune's route appealed to me so much, with Rin coming close).

Similarly, there are those who prefer the no-brainer instant-feel gratification. It's all on 'taste', I guess? Emi's route is in the middle-ground; it's like cooking, to put it in an analogy. Some likes it sweet, other spicy, and others somewhere in between.
So Emi's route, if I understand, is likely to please the most people to some extent, but may not please them as much as either extreme might?
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

SpunkySix wrote: So Emi's route, if I understand, is likely to please the most people to some extent, but may not please them as much as either extreme might?
Grab a cookie! :mrgreen:

That is exactly what I meant :)
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Megumeru wrote:
SpunkySix wrote: So Emi's route, if I understand, is likely to please the most people to some extent, but may not please them as much as either extreme might?
Grab a cookie! :mrgreen:

That is exactly what I meant :)
Awesome. In that case, I agree. That makes sense. That's what compromises are, in essence.

And I just grabbed several quadrillion cookies thanks to Cookie Clicker.
LordDarknus

Post by LordDarknus »

wow, I'm sorry, you guys are right. I'm just full of shit.

I guess Anonymous22 was just trolling to pass the time out of boredom really, and probably not deeply affected that Shizune is constantly called a "villainous bitch" or some other. Yeah, he's just a heartless troll with no soul.

Being unapologetic about childishly insulting him (on KS forums itself no less) is totally justified and fills you full of pride, yeah? I mean, he's totally an ass who spent his time and energy on trying to create something a cut above the rest, nothing more, right? I mean, if he was really good, he should have known to kiss up to your insecurity issues and give you lots of cuddles and snuggles scenes with your imaginary cartoon character, yeah? -- ...Yeah.

You guys know best, and my perspective is completely in error. -- Go KS fans! Especially those few guys! (you know who you are) You deserve your waifus! KS was built around you!
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

LordDarknus wrote:wow, I'm sorry, you guys are right. I'm just full of shit.

I guess Anonymous22 was just trolling to pass the time out of boredom really, and probably not deeply affected that Shizune is constantly called a "villainous bitch" or some other. Yeah, he's just a heartless troll with no soul.

Being unapologetic about childishly insulting him (on KS forums itself no less) is totally justified and fills you full of pride, yeah? I mean, he's totally an ass who spent his time and energy on trying to create something a cut above the rest, nothing more, right? I mean, if he was really good, he should have known to kiss up to your insecurity issues and give you lots of cuddles and snuggles scenes with your imaginary cartoon character, yeah? -- ...Yeah.

You guys know best, and my perspective is completely in error. -- Go KS fans! Especially those few guys! (you know who you are) You deserve your waifus! KS was built around you!
That's not even sort of what we're saying. This is one of the worst straw men I've ever seen... and I'm a regular on Gamefaqs.

I really need to stop entering this topic...
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

SpunkySix wrote:
That's not even sort of what we're saying. This is one of the worst straw men I've ever seen... and I'm a regular on Gamefaqs.

I really need to stop entering this topic...
What's a strawman?
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Guest Poster wrote:It's a debating fallacy.
That. Basically, instead of responding to an argument, you make up an easy to attack version of the argument and respond to that instead in order to make the other person look bad even though you really haven't even countered their points.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Potato wrote:
Atario wrote:Golden Mean Fallacy, mah man.
Doesn't really apply...
It exactly applies. You said Emi's route is ideal because it's in the middle. That's pretty much the definition of that fallacy.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote