Liking Shizune but not enjoying her route?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Potato

Re: Liking Shizune but not enjoying her route?

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:Or Kenji.
Get out.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

SpunkySix wrote:
Potato wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:Seeing that the track captain was gay, I doubt he'd even start a relationship with Emi
Sadly, we do live in a world where it's not unheard of for gays to conceal their sexuality to the extent of hooking up with an opposite-sex partner as a cover...

But if it's not him, then it's just some unmentioned nobody so whatevs. :lol:
Or Kenji.
There's a backstory in almost all the routes that implies Kenji's past relation with Yuko and how he eventually came up with his feminist conspiracy theory. (Funny thing is, Kenji doesn't even know what feminism is generally (equality of women), though he might be impliying about extreme feminists (women superior than men))

But anw, it is a possibility, but unlikely.

...did Kenji ever warned Hisao about Emi? I believe he did, but he doesn't seem to imply if he had a relationship with her previously.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Oh believe me, I highly doubt it too. He most likely was with Yuuko and I... can't imagine Emi... dating... him. At all.

He warns Hisao that Emi is pretty high up in the feminist ranks, and he thinks that Rin is a dude at first.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

SpunkySix wrote:Oh believe me, I highly doubt it too. He most likely was with Yuuko and I... can't imagine Emi... dating... him. At all.

He warns Hisao that Emi is pretty high up in the feminist ranks, and he thinks that Rin is a dude at first.
Not that I believe it either, but I admit there's enough circumstantial evidence to build a case if you were so inclined. Remember that Kenji also says that Emi has "taken down" better men than Hisao, but won't say who, and calls HIsao "cold" when he doubts him.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Potato

Post by Potato »

Megumeru wrote:There's a backstory in almost all the routes that implies Kenji's past relation with Yuko and how he eventually came up with his feminist conspiracy theory. (Funny thing is, Kenji doesn't even know what feminism is generally (equality of women), though he might be implying about extreme feminists (women superior than men))

But anw, it is a possibility, but unlikely.

...did Kenji ever warn Hisao about Emi? I believe he did, but he doesn't seem to imply if he had a relationship with her previously.
Seems to me Kenji knows pretty well what feminism is, actually. :lol: "Equality of women" is one half of gender equality. Feminism is one-sided garbage even in name so the extremists are technically the only ones actually practicing feminism.

And I think Kenji warns Hisao about them all in some way or another.

I wonder who at 4LS devised the Kenji/Yuuko backstory...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Potato wrote: Seems to me Kenji knows pretty well what feminism is, actually. :lol: "Equality of women" is one half of gender equality. Feminism is one-sided garbage even in name so the extremists are technically the only ones actually practicing feminism.

And I think Kenji warns Hisao about them all in some way or another.

I wonder who at 4LS devised the Kenji/Yuuko backstory...
Not exactly. The feminist movement itself started way back since 18th-19th century, which is mostly a cry about how women are to be treated equally as men (application on same jobs, same payment wage, rights to vote, etc.). It was a cry of gender equality; it's the core concept of the movement, which is why there are men who are 'feminist'.

It wasn't until the 20th century(?) when the extremists shows up and associated itself with the movement, crying gender superiority in contrast to the core concept--gender equality. Since then, association of feminism has been mistakenly associsted with the extremist.

Kenji's concept of feminism basically revolves around the extrimists' feminism. What's funny is that Hisao approves the concept of gender equality (treating his partner fairly), making him a 'feminist'--technically.

Which means Kenji is actually friends with a feminist.

Ah, and I mean if he tells Hisao any lead or hints that he had a prior relationship with Emi. There's this crazy theory I have that Kenji actually had a relationship with ALL the heroines and it wasn't until he goes out with Emi did he develop that anti-feminist antics, shaman eyes, and wacky conspiracy claims--that, and he seemed tl be pretty knowledgable of the personality of the heroines to a degree.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Potato

Post by Potato »

Megumeru wrote:[stuff]

Ah, and I mean if he tells Hisao any lead or hints that he had a prior relationship with Emi. There's this crazy theory I have that Kenji actually had a relationship with ALL the heroines and it wasn't until he goes out with Emi did he develop that anti-feminist antics, shaman eyes, and wacky conspiracy claims--that, and he seemed tl be pretty knowledgable of the personality of the heroines to a degree.
Well, that sure was a history lesson that means nothing.

I dunno. I think if anyone drove Kenji off the edge of sanity, it'd have been Lilly or Rin...Or Yuuko but that's too obvious. He does seem to know too much about them all but that could just be from espionage missions.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Potato wrote:
Megumeru wrote:[stuff]

Well, that sure was a history lesson that means nothing.

I dunno. I think if anyone drove Kenji off the edge of sanity, it'd have been Lilly or Rin...Or Yuuko but that's too obvious. He does seem to know too much about them all but that could just be from espionage missions.
I thought it was Yuuko's 'fault', something to do with falling asleep/lethargy after sexytimes. He felt that Yuuko was draining his power (completely disregarding the fact she's... well... Yuuko), put lots of 'research' and stuff in, and then 'concluded' that it is a conspiracy.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

So basically he got sleepy after he did Yuuko and came to the realization that... it clearly had to be her fault?

See, this is why Kenji is a funny character, right here. That's downright absurd.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Potato

Post by Potato »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:I thought it was Yuuko's 'fault', something to do with falling asleep/lethargy after sexytimes. He felt that Yuuko was draining his power (completely disregarding the fact she's... well... Yuuko), put lots of 'research' and stuff in, and then 'concluded' that it is a conspiracy.
That's the story, yeah. Never mind that sex involves physical exertion so a nap or lethargy afterward is pretty much status quo. :lol:
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Kenji was probably already off his rocker before his bout of sex with whoever he was "seeing".

He does warn Hisao about Emi. In fact, he has a panic reaction when Hisao mentions her. (on the morning of the festival) He warns Hisao about Emi's lethal flying tackles, which might actually have been the sanest reason for avoiding a girl Kenji's ever uttered.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Kenji/Yuuko was an ascended meme. Kenji and Yuuko were two of the few characters with a portrait in the Act 1 demo, so following its "pair the spares"-tendencies, the fanbase quickly connected Kenji's lethargy-after-sex rant to Yuuko.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
d2r

Post by d2r »

Guest Poster wrote:Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Kenji/Yuuko was an ascended meme. Kenji and Yuuko were two of the few characters with a portrait in the Act 1 demo, so following its "pair the spares"-tendencies, the fanbase quickly connected Kenji's lethargy-after-sex rant to Yuuko.
AFAIK, there is no actual material in the VN which suggests the two were a couple; it's all fan theory
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
Potato

Post by Potato »

Guest Poster wrote:Kenji was probably already off his rocker before his bout of sex with whoever he was "seeing".
Oh, absolutely. No sane person jumps from "Boy, I'm tired." to "THIS CRAZY BITCH DRAINED MY LIFE ENERGY IT'S A CONSPIRACY!". :lol:

@d2r: There's enough to suggest it. Just nothing that explicitly confirms it.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Which was probably completely on purpose.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Umber

Post by Umber »

Guest Poster wrote:Which was probably completely on purpose.
If you expected anything else from 4LS, you thought wrong. Fanbase engagement is best created by way of speculation.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.