Misha and Shizune's reaction to one of Hisao's attacks

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Oddball

Re: Misha and Shizune's reaction to one of Hisao's attacks

Post by Oddball »

I'm a bit torn on Kenji. I can see him totally panicking thinking that the feminists have got Hisao, but at the same time Kenji does occasionally surprise me by being more rational than you'd expect.

Yuuko I see as handling the situation as good as anybody and trying to get Hisao help and AFTERWARDS breaking down from the stress and feeling horrible for the rest of the day.
Not Dead Yet
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

SpunkySix wrote:This feels too similar to make a separate topic for, so I feel like bringing it up here makes sense since it's still relevant to the idea of people reacting to Hisao's attacks that we don't see in the VN...

What about somebody like Kenji or Yuuko, who are both clearly unprepared for such a situation? At least Misha could hang on somewhat... those two would be all sorts of a mess.
Kenji sees Hisao as a brother-in-arms of sorts, and I think has probably read up at some point correct procedure for someone having a heart attack. Of course, how long would be it be before he realises Hisao's having a heart attack?

Yuuko... I dunno. Likes to do the responsible thing, so would probably bolt off (leaving someone in the library to look after him) and fetch help from someone who knows what they're doing, and then blame herself for not acting fast enough or something. Or, she's still staff at Yamaku even though she's not full time, so it would hugely surprise me if she didn't have correct medical training.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Kenji would probably assume one of the feminists poured something in Hisao's drink and would start sweeping the campus for Hisao's would-be assassin.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Kenji...He might try to help but because he'd jump to some off-the-mark batshit conclusion (like "He was poisoned") rather than the obvious "He's having a heart attack", his help would fail.

Yuuko...She probably has some training given that she's Yamaku staff but even so, she might forget that in the panic of the moment and run off to fetch Nurse. :lol: Unless a student was around to remind her that she had said training, then she'd probably surprisingly save the day.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Oddball wrote:I can see him totally panicking thinking that the feminists have got Hisao, but at the same time Kenji does occasionally surprise me by being more rational than you'd expect.
I gotta agree with Oddball on this one.
The Shaman's Eyes scene reminded me that he isn't just comic relief, he is a character in his own right, he is a human being.
A Batshit insane human, but human nonetheless.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

As far as I remember, they never did saw him break down on her knees.

Why?

Maybe because being with them isn't too heart-intensive and has no chance whatsoever to potentially kill him. (unlike Emi's on running, Lilly and her 'quirks', etc.)

which also brought the question; within the original routes of all the girls, if my memory serves me right, only Emi and Lilly has the highest potential to actually kill Hisao with the things they do daily.

On to the topic:
Knowing Shizune, she'd look at him puzzled for a second and upon realizing would quickly assert herself and most help to carry Hisao by the shoulder to the nurse office (with Misha's help, most likely). Misha would joke about it for a few seconds before realizing, panicking, and then probably proceed to help him.

If carrying him by the shoulder isn't viable, Shizune might actually sit Hisao on a chair, orders Misha to get the nurse, then do what she can to assert Hisao and calms him--something like that.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Maybe because being with them isn't too heart-intensive and has no chance whatsoever to potentially kill him. (unlike Emi's on running, Lilly and her 'quirks', etc.)
If Lilly can kill him by having sex with him, which I assume you're referring to with "quirks", the same would logically apply to Shizune. Unless of course you are implying that "no chance whatsoever to potentially kill him" means being Shizune's boyfriend would still equal the total absence of a sex life. :lol:
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Megumeru wrote:only Emi and Lilly has the highest potential to actually kill Hisao with the things they do daily.
...How exactly can Lilly's daily activity potentially kill him? She takes walks and drinks tea.

If you mean the fucking, to be blunt, every girl could kill him. :lol: And even then, he only comes close to trouble when he overdoes it.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Potato wrote:
Megumeru wrote:only Emi and Lilly has the highest potential to actually kill Hisao with the things they do daily.
...How exactly can Lilly's daily activity potentially kill him? She takes walks and drinks tea.

If you mean the fucking, to be blunt, every girl could kill him. :lol: And even then, he only comes close to trouble when he overdoes it.
It's the MDMA-fuelled raves she drags him to that do it.

I was a bit confused about that statement though. Emi I can understand, but the only thing I can think of that might be compromising (minus the sexytiemz) are the walks to and from the shop, what with the hill leading up to Yamaku. I think Rin might be more likely to kill Hisao actually, due to the unpredictable nature of what she chooses to do.

Or Kenji. Don't even get me STARTED on the dangers of Kenji.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Potato

Post by Potato »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Potato wrote:

It's the MDMA-fuelled raves she drags him to that do it.

I was a bit confused about that statement though. Emi I can understand, but the only thing I can think of that might be compromising (minus the sexytiemz) are the walks to and from the shop, what with the hill leading up to Yamaku. I think Rin might be more likely to kill Hisao actually, due to the unpredictable nature of what she chooses to do.

Or Kenji. Don't even get me STARTED on the dangers of Kenji.
Well, assuming he takes it easy on those walks, they're actually likely to be great exercise to help his heart. But yeah, there's potential there...But the same could be said of runs with Emi or treks to the Worry Tree with Rin. I'd imagine Shizune could be a risk to him, if his time with her is spent often in Jigoro's company. Rin...I dunno, she seems relaxed enough despite unpredictability.

But yeah, Kenji's definitely the worst. I'm not sure he even realizes he's in a school for disabled people...
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

During Rin's route, Hisao, in addition to continuous stress and worrying (stress is kinda bad for one's heart), also does something that would probably cause the nurse to slap him silly. He smokes. Smart move there, pal.

I'm not sure if being with Shizune is all that healthy for Hisao. In addition to the stress a person like Jigoro could cause, Shizune's diet mostly seems to consist of fried stuff and takeout food. Healthiest lifestyle would definitely be with Emi, who not only nags him about his eating habits, but also encourages daily exercise and daily visits to the nurse.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Honestly, I thought that the part where Hisao's started to wear out during the festival was going to eventually lead to the revelation that Hisao simplky couldn't live a lifestyle like Shizune did. His body can't keep up. Sadly, it didn't seem to go anywhere.
Not Dead Yet
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

How exactly can Lilly's life-style drive poor Hisao into insta-gib?

3 words: healthy adolescent sex-drive

...that's four-ish but close enough.

Shizune's lifestyle mostly involve brain-work (school wise). If it is diet-wise, do note that those fried goods are festival centralized (if you've lived in Japan, you know you can't resist those. Outside of that, fried foods can often be found in small shops or restaurants (either which can be pretty pricey).

Emi's lifestyle of running can kill him, but funny thing is if he survives that Hisao will pretty much last longer than most.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Again, Lilly enjoys sex, but I'm kind of assuming that despite her desinterest in romantic stuff, Shizune has sex with Hisao from time to time as well. It just isn't shown very much. Yes, Hisao in Lilly's route is in rather poor physical shape, but that's his own fault for occasionally forgetting his medication and not getting enough exercise and Hisao, not Lilly, is the one who has to fix that.
If it is diet-wise, do note that those fried goods are festival centralized (if you've lived in Japan, you know you can't resist those. Outside of that, fried foods can often be found in small shops or restaurants (either which can be pretty pricey).[/quote[

It's also the only thing Shizune knows how to cook, at least when the subject is brought up, and they order takeout all the time due to sticking into the student council office until the evenings.
Emi's lifestyle of running can kill him, but funny thing is if he survives that Hisao will pretty much last longer than most.
Emi's lifestyle of running won't kill him if he doesn't push himself beyond his own boundaries and after that first stunt, Emi tends to yell at him whenever he doesn't stick to the schedule. The running stuff is actually recommended to him by Yamaku's main health professional.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Megumeru wrote:How exactly can Lilly's life-style drive poor Hisao into insta-gib?

3 words: healthy adolescent sex-drive
Right...Except he partakes of said drive plenty with no trouble at all. The one time he has problems is because he gets stupid and over-exerts himself.