Misha and Shizune's reaction to one of Hisao's attacks

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Oddball

Misha and Shizune's reaction to one of Hisao's attacks

Post by Oddball »

Through out the game, Rin, Emi, Hanako, and Lilly all witness Hisao's heart acting up on him badly (although not necessarily in their own routes). Unless I'm forgetting something though, neither Shizune or Misha are ever there to see Hisao dropping to his knees and clutching his chest. Actually, I don't really think his heart is ever brought up again after their Act 1.

So, how do you think they would have reacted if they had been there to see it?
Not Dead Yet
Potato

Re: Misha and Shizune's reaction to one of Hisao's attacks

Post by Potato »

...Huh, you're right. They never do see an attack...

Shizune...I dunno, she could mistake the dropping-to-the-knees bit as fatigue or laziness for a moment and get angry. Once she got the gist of the situation then she'd start signing away at Misha to fetch Nurse.

Misha would be be inappropriately cheery about it until she realized something bad is actually happening. Then, as per Shizune's orders, would probably fetch Nurse.

Of course, timing could alter the reactions. If it's after the scene where they barge into his dorm and discover his meds, they might be quicker to raise an alarm. Or if he has an attack during his 'comfort' of Misha, she'd freak out a little extra. Actually, that could've been pretty interesting. Hisao's heart acts up during, Misha freaks out and goes for help only to run into Shizune, frantically signs the situation...Then they both fetch Nurse, he gives Hisao a check-up and a scolding to be safe, then the lot of them suddenly have to come to terms with the awkward reality that Hisao almost died cheating on Shizune.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

I think that Shizune would probably react very well, in a manner of speaking, once she realised what was going on - her inner leader would come out and he'd probably be alright. Misha... I dunno, I think she might panic, although in order to remain strong in front of Shizune she may very well be able to keep it together. I'd say the aftermath would probably mean that out of all the playable girls, the two of them would likely be the most consistently cautious around him from there onwards.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Numb

Post by Numb »

You know, you saying his heart isn't mentioned much after act one prompted me to look into something. During h-scene art where Hisao's chest is visible, his scar doesn't show. It's like he doesn't have arrhythmia anymore. This applies to multiple routes actually, the only one where the scar is prominent being Hanako's. Yes I just looked at all of the h-scene art, shush

Anyway, the reactions. Misha would do that awkward thing that you sometimes see in movies - *laugh* "Okay Hicchan, you can stop faking now..." *pause for five seconds for drama* "Hicchan?" - and probably have a mental breakdown on the spot once those five dramatic seconds are up. Shizune would likely panic, but follow procedure as well as she could. She might seem like a strong independent woman who don't need no man, but she's still a normal teenage girl and is very likely to freak the fuck out if she sees somebody having a medical issue like one of Hisao's flutters.
Currently working on: Notes for a new project (Coming Soon™)
I did KS and other songs on note blocks in Minecraft: Playlist here
Old works| Rooftops - An Emi Story| Christmas with the Hakamichis | Not Like Him - Rin Perspective|Blossom - A Miki pseudo-route
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I think their reaction both during the event and during the aftermath would mirror the way they acted during Hanako's nervous breakdown in class, except maybe kicked up one or two notches.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Numb wrote:You know, you saying his heart isn't mentioned much after act one prompted me to look into something. During h-scene art where Hisao's chest is visible, his scar doesn't show. It's like he doesn't have arrhythmia anymore. This applies to multiple routes actually, the only one where the scar is prominent being Hanako's. Yes I just looked at all of the h-scene art, shush

Anyway, the reactions. Misha would do that awkward thing that you sometimes see in movies - *laugh* "Okay Hicchan, you can stop faking now..." *pause for five seconds for drama* "Hicchan?" - and probably have a mental breakdown on the spot once those five dramatic seconds are up. Shizune would likely panic, but follow procedure as well as she could. She might seem like a strong independent woman who don't need no man, but she's still a normal teenage girl and is very likely to freak the fuck out if she sees somebody having a medical issue like one of Hisao's flutters.
Well, it's more like he never had his chest cut open. He could still totally have arrhythmia. :lol:

And yeah, they'd both panic same as all the other girls did to a degree. But Shizune would rein it in and take care of business.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

I remember reading a fanfic once based upon Hisao having a flutter with Shizune, with them walking outside and some random kid accidentally kicking a football into his chest.

I felt it reflected how Shizune would have acted - she took control, and tried her best to stay calm. It was also heavily noted that Shizune knew the exact location of every Emergency Defibulator at Yamaku and requested training from the staff on how to use it. :P Quite sweet, in only a way she could pull off
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Munchenhausen wrote:Quite sweet, in only a way she could pull off
I like seeing the nicer side of Shizune. Doesn't come out enough, at least in the fandom.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Tidus

Post by Tidus »

Numb wrote:You know, you saying his heart isn't mentioned much after act one prompted me to look into something. During h-scene art where Hisao's chest is visible, his scar doesn't show. It's like he doesn't have arrhythmia anymore. This applies to multiple routes actually, the only one where the scar is prominent being Hanako's. Yes I just looked at all of the h-scene art, shush

While not visible, the scar is mentioned in Lilly's route.

Shizune is brilliant. And considering how well she reacted to Hanako having an anxiety attack, I'm sure she'd respond promptly and efficiently. Misha...I think she'd freak out a bit. Now obviously, during a situation like such, Hisao would have a very hard time (If being able to at all) signing....But I believe Shizune would understand, given she is knowledgeable of his condition.
Bring her back...
Can you smile for her?
...or take me with her.
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Keep in mind, although we haven't seen them react to Hisao having a heart attack, we have seen them react to Hanako having a panic attack. Granted, the situations aren't exactly the same, but based on that scene, I think Shizune would keep her cool and stay on top of the situation, and Misha wouldn't panic, but she wouldn't be much help, either.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Something to take into account, referring to how Shizune reacted to Hanako's panic attack, is that Hanako and Shizune aren't exactly close. All Hanako's panic attack was, to Shizune, was a classmate having an emotional meltdown. Teenagers aren't exactly renowned for their stability, afterall.

One of Hisao's attack, however?

Her boyfriend, the boy she loves, is having a heart flutter. There is a serious risk to his life and she probably hasn't had to deal with anything this heavy before. Would she know what to do? Would she even know what's happening to him?

For all we know, she may well understandably crack under the pressure. Even worse, if this is the case, she may not be able to sign to Misha what to do, with the love of her life writhing in invisible agony before her.

Just pray that Misha can come out of nowhere to save the day.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

Munchenhausen wrote:I remember reading a fanfic once based upon Hisao having a flutter with Shizune, with them walking outside and some random kid accidentally kicking a football into his chest.
...I think I have just been inspired.

Charlie Brown x KS
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
Atario

Post by Atario »

HarvestmanMan wrote:Charlie Brown x KS
Good grief-stricken teenager.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

Truth be told, going into Shizune's route, I was thinking that at one point while Hisao and Shizune are walking along that Hisao would have at least a flutter while lagging behind Shizune and collapse to the floor. Shizune would of course continue on unaware of the situation. Even it is for a moment before she turns round and reacts, you can imagine the agony and panic that Hisao is going through while Shizune walks away from him in his time of need.

Come to mention it, there was a lot of things in Shizune's route that didn't play out the way I expected :roll:, but I digress.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

This feels too similar to make a separate topic for, so I feel like bringing it up here makes sense since it's still relevant to the idea of people reacting to Hisao's attacks that we don't see in the VN...

What about somebody like Kenji or Yuuko, who are both clearly unprepared for such a situation? At least Misha could hang on somewhat... those two would be all sorts of a mess.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"