Obviously the game won't ever have VA, buuuut...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Potato

Re: Obviously the game won't ever have VA, buuuut...

Post by Potato »

metalangel wrote:
Potato wrote: So what happy-end stuff could happen during the credits?
Nothing that wouldn't interfere in some way with the author's chosen conclusion to each arc.
So you're suggesting that if post-route-end voice tidbits were added, it would alter the routes as currently concluded?

I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

SpunkySix wrote:
metalangel wrote:
Potato wrote: So what happy-end stuff could happen during the credits?
Nothing that wouldn't interfere in some way with the author's chosen conclusion to each arc.
Really? I mean, Emi's at least ended with her being all "the adventure continues" so I'm sure they could show the two love birds doing fun stuff together without contradicting anything that was massively implied anyway.
Yes, really. The author chose to end it there for a reason. Wanting more happy waifu moments is irrelevant to the story after her being all "spoils y'all",
because you are now free to imagine what happens next as opposed to it being massively implied. Consider the detriment to the numerous wonderful fanfics if they weren't indirectly given such free reign to write epilogues?

Besides, Emi has pretty serious PTSD. Confiding and trusting in Hisao is a big step but she will still have episodes of it for some time, but now she has someone she loves and trusts to support her through those. "The adventure continues" is her delight at having finally found that someone to trust but she is by no means finished with it yet.
Potato wrote:
So you're suggesting that if post-route-end voice tidbits were added, it would alter the routes as currently concluded?

(smug picture)
Thank you, thank you! How about a hand for your audience, who suggested such a thing in the first place! (awaits Citizen Kane.gif)
Tidus

Post by Tidus »

You know, I never thought of that. But to be honest, I kind of enjoy the lack of VA. It lets my mind make the perfect voices for them.

I always picture Rin's voice to sound similar to Tara Strong's voice for Raven on Teen Titans.

Hanako similar to (Forget the VA) Fluttershy from MLP:FIM.

I guess if they ever added some sort of official VA, I'd be a bit bummed if they didn't sound the way I've had them sound in my head. But I guess that's a bit selfish. Though, I'm sure many people (Including devs) might feel the same way, and have a "voice" in their head for each character.
Bring her back...
Can you smile for her?
...or take me with her.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Tidus wrote:I always picture Rin's voice to sound similar to Tara Strong's voice for Raven on Teen Titans.

Hanako similar to (Forget the VA) Fluttershy from MLP:FIM
Are we... long lost siblings?

No, but I understand that, totally. I had voices for all of them too, and largely still do, although the fan project has influenced me a bit, and I completely understand why the decision was made to not have VAs. What if, in this hypothetical world, there was an option to toggle VA though?
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Tidus wrote:You know, I never thought of that. But to be honest, I kind of enjoy the lack of VA. It lets my mind make the perfect voices for them.
I played through Narcissu on both the voiced and unvoiced one, unvoiced first, and although the scripts ARE different, it did suck a bit. So, totally agree with you on this one.

For my 'head-created-voices' though, Rin's and Akira's are very similar, Akira's with slightly more vocal 'rounding.'
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Potato

Post by Potato »

Rin's always been just a lighter-voiced Raven. And I always imagined Mutou's voice as similar to Morgan Freeman.

Toggleable VA would be neat...I'd never turn it on though. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Potato wrote:And I always imagined Mutou's voice as similar to Morgan Freeman.
Really? :o
I always had him as sounding kinda like Edward Norton when he's insomnia-riddled in Fight Club. I prefer yours though.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
I always had him as sounding kinda like Edward Norton when he's insomnia-riddled in Fight Club. I prefer yours though.
I would have said Edward Norton, but with a gruffer smoker's voice
who speaks like Doctor Who, but without the speed or the excited voice to it
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Munchenhausen wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
I would have said Edward Norton, but with a gruffer smoker's voice
who speaks like Doctor Who, but without the speed or the excited voice to it
Now you say that, having his voice as Peter Capaldi in the Thick of It would be pretty damn good :P

Potato

Post by Potato »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
I barely recall Fight Club. Never seen it all the way through either.

Also, I imagine Rin's speech probably takes after James T. Kirk, with a lot of odd pauses.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Potato wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
I barely recall Fight Club. Never seen it all the way through either.

Also, I imagine Rin's speech probably takes after James T. Kirk, with a lot of odd pauses.
It's weird man. I felt pretty cold at the end as well, but still. He's Mutou now.
Yeah, but Shatner is the MASTER of the odd pause. (By the way, is it weird that the more I think about it the more I think Scarlett Johansson would make a good voice actress for Rin? I think she has that slightly monotonal bored quality that Rin needs)

Potato

Post by Potato »

Also, I suddenly cannot unhear Nomiya as a slightly higher-pitched Jim Carrey ala Count Olaf...
brythain

Post by brythain »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:(By the way, is it weird that the more I think about it the more I think Scarlett Johansson would make a good voice actress for Rin? I think she has that slightly monotonal bored quality that Rin needs)
That is an amazingly good call. Not to mention the ability she has to act as if her brain is non-human in some ways.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Artificiallyisolated

Post by Artificiallyisolated »

Those fades in and out between the bigger scenes always struck me as good spots for little ad bumps you see in anime~ Though I guess that might break the feel a bit.

"The Student Council will be right back, Hicchan~"
"Pick a game, any game, Hicchan!"
"Misha, welcome Hisao back! ...wait, I'm Misha..."

"Time can pass, but have we really gone anywhere?"
"Is there a word for a reunion that feels like it took only seconds and yet forever? I feel that way now. I think?"
"Oh. You're back. That's nice."
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Artificiallyisolated wrote:Those fades in and out between the bigger scenes always struck me as good spots for little ad bumps you see in anime~ Though I guess that might break the feel a bit.

"The Student Council will be right back, Hicchan~"
"Pick a game, any game, Hicchan!"
"Misha, welcome Hisao back! ...wait, I'm Misha..."

"Time can pass, but have we really gone anywhere?"
"Is there a word for a reunion that feels like it took only seconds and yet forever? I feel that way now. I think?"
"Oh. You're back. That's nice."
It'd ruin the atmosphere, but oh lawdie I love that idea
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon