The 'Wild Speculation About Rin's Past' Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Potato

Re: The 'Wild Speculation About Rin's Past' Thread

Post by Potato »

linkoid wrote:No, its my fault. I should have learned by now that you guys take things way to seriously.
Rin's parents were disillusioned clowns.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
linkoid

Post by linkoid »

Potato wrote:
linkoid wrote:No, its my fault. I should have learned by now that you guys take things way to seriously.
Rin's parents were disillusioned clowns.
Word wise. Subject wise... out there...
Atario

Post by Atario »

Rin has an identical twin who somehow escaped the malformation and amputation thing.

She's going to university next year, majoring in linguistics.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
linkoid

Post by linkoid »

Atario wrote:Rin has an identical twin who somehow escaped the malformation and amputation thing.

She's going to university next year, majoring in linguistics.
Do we know her by name? Is this a riddle?
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

linkoid wrote:Do we know her by name? Is this a riddle?
Her name is... Nir.
Yes, Nir.

What happens is they both grow up without ever meeting eachother and have a chance meeting one day at a hotel. They chat, realise they're long-lost sisters and decide to swap lives for the novelty of it.
Nir tucks her arms inside her shirt and Rin puts pillows in her sleeves to simulate arms
Then they go back to the other's lives and bring the family back together.

this is literally 100% an oroginal idea that jas never been done before do not steal
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Atario

Post by Atario »

Munchenhausen wrote:at a hotel.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh………

My dirty mind just activated
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Her name is... Nir.
Yes, Nir.

What happens is they both grow up without ever meeting eachother and have a chance meeting one day at a hotel. They chat, realise they're long-lost sisters and decide to swap lives for the novelty of it.
Nir tucks her arms inside her shirt and Rin puts pillows in her sleeves to simulate arms

this is literally 100% an oroginal idea that jas never been done before do not steal
I genuinely can't figure out if I find this really sweet or, as Atario pointed out, slightly yuri. Don't worry, I won't steal it. I've never fanfic'd before as I have the creative ability of a turnip.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Just out of curiosity, has anybody ready any of the pre-game stuff when they were toying with the idea of Rin's parents running the Yakuza?
Not Dead Yet
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Oddball wrote:Just out of curiosity, has anybody ready any of the pre-game stuff when they were toying with the idea of Rin's parents running the Yakuza?
I was honestly gonna post something like this earlier as a speculation, and then right at the last moment I thought 'no, that's ridiculous.' Hahaha, that would've been an almighty coincidence!
However, it would possibly make some sort of sense, as somebody with no arms and a very 'spacey' outlook wouldn't be much use in the Japanese criminal underworld.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Her name is... Nir.
Yes, Nir.

Nir is totaly a guys name
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Oddball wrote:Just out of curiosity, has anybody ready any of the pre-game stuff when they were toying with the idea of Rin's parents running the Yakuza?
Gee, that would have been a terrible environment for Rin to grow up in. Glad they swapped it out and made Lily the Yakuza member instead.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Who said they made Lilly a Yakuza member? In reality, it's the Hakamichi's who are the Yakuza clan. Jigoro's autobiography is merely part of a cover-up.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Guest Poster wrote:Who said they made Lilly a Yakuza member? In reality, it's the Hakamichi's who are the Yakuza clan. Jigoro's autobiography is merely part of a cover-up.
After checking the records for that period of time, yes, it would tally… :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Guest Poster wrote:Who said they made Lilly a Yakuza member? In reality, it's the Hakamichi's who are the Yakuza clan. Jigoro's autobiography is merely part of a cover-up.
I've have actually seen multiple fanfics that used that idea.

Personally, my favorite Jigoro theory is that he's a pro wrestler that NEVER drops character. Right now he's playing the badguy role. He's a lot nicer when he's playing the good guy.
Not Dead Yet
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Oddball wrote:Personally, my favorite Jigoro theory is that he's a pro wrestler that NEVER drops character. Right now he's playing the badguy role. He's a lot nicer when he's playing the good guy.
I love that theory too, but I've always loved picturing him as a masked luchadore wrestler. Mainly just because I like imagining him with a gold bedazzled blue mask with that blue mane spilling out the back. :lol: That and the idea of Jigoro being beloved by small Mexican children has always been amusing.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.