Post by Selim Bradley »

SpunkySix wrote:Coming Soon: Fire Emblem and Mass Effect classes
Emi: Vanguard
Hanako: Infiltrator
Shizune: Sentinel
Misha: Soldier
Lilly: Adept
Rin: Engineer
Last edited by Selim Bradley on Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
SpunkySix

Re: If the girls were rpg characters

Post by SpunkySix »

Selim Bradley wrote:
Mischa: Soldier
Points taken for misspelling Misha, but correct on your choices. A-
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

SpunkySix wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:
Misha: Soldier
Points taken for misspelling Misha, but correct on your choices. A-
How did that c get in there? Oh well, edited now. Thanks for liking the choices though.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Selim Bradley wrote:Thanks for liking the choices though.
Sure thing. They make sense to me.
ksfan1989

Post by ksfan1989 »

dewelar wrote:I'm currently in charge of an RPG group for the blind and visually impaired. The group still plays using D&D 2E - the group was founded before the release of 3E, and they decided not to switch. We recently started a new campaign, with my friend to whom I read KS as the DM. She's running Emi as an NPC thief (running with the idea of her as a pirate), and I'm playing Rin as a priestess of the goddess of the arts.
Ahh, 2E, back when a high armor class was a bad thing.

(Seriously THAC0 is fucked up and the new system is way better).

Kenji is a fighting class I think. A paladin maybe? He's on a crusade, of sorts. I realize he's not a girl but you can go on a date with him so I'm counting it.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Not RPG characters but it's what I'm playing lately so...Nosgoth classes!

Hanako: Sentinel because both are scarred and hate people.
Kenji: Scout because it's the sniper class, and Kenji probably takes lessons.
Emi: Reaver because both are fast and have a bit of an ego.
Shizune: Deceiver because both are manipulative jerks.
Rin: Prophet (which has no picture yet) because I could totally see her working as a fortune teller, and prophets are just fancy fortune tellers.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Xaredian
Location: Elysium, Crytar, Terranova, somewhere in the universe

Post by Xaredian »

ksfan1989 wrote:
dewelar wrote:I'm currently in charge of an RPG group for the blind and visually impaired. The group still plays using D&D 2E - the group was founded before the release of 3E, and they decided not to switch. We recently started a new campaign, with my friend to whom I read KS as the DM. She's running Emi as an NPC thief (running with the idea of her as a pirate), and I'm playing Rin as a priestess of the goddess of the arts.
Ahh, 2E, back when a high armor class was a bad thing.

(Seriously THAC0 is fucked up and the new system is way better).

Kenji is a fighting class I think. A paladin maybe? He's on a crusade, of sorts. I realize he's not a girl but you can go on a date with him so I'm counting it.
I'd call Kenji a Crusader. But, a Paladin? Good God, no.
I wouldn't call anyone in Katawa Shoujo, a Paladin, actually. Well, maybe Lilly.
To be remembered by anyone after death is the goal of basically every soul that's lived in this world.
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Hmm. Enough about classes, what would their alignments be?
Shizune: Lawful Good. She genuinely wants to help people, and as competitive as she may be, she never cheats.
Rin: True Neutral. She's practically the epitome of going off and doing your own thing, not caring what anyone else may say.
Lilly: Lawful Good. Admittedly, the "law" I'm thinking of here is more that of social interaction than the law of the land, but it still fits.
Hanako: Neutral Good. She's been more drifting through life than actually living it for a while, but she's got a good heart, and she'll set her own problems aside if someone she cares about has problems of their own.
Emi: Chaotic Good. I was going to say Lawful, based on her adherence to exercise schedules and her insistence that Hisao do the same, but then I remembered: She wants to be a pirate. And pirates are, by definition, not Lawful.
Misha: Chaotic Loud. Yes, I know that's not a real alignment. (Unless maybe you're Mr. Welch.)
Akira: Chaotic Good. Definitely a caring person, but she did, after all, supply a teenager's birthday party with alcohol.
Kenji: Chaotic Neutral. Do I really need to explain this one?
Hisao: Really, it depends on which route, and which ending to some degree. Overall though, I'd say Neutral Good. (Or possibly Neutral Dense. Again, I know that's not a real alignment.)
Yuuko: Chaotic Good. She tries to be Lawful, but she's just too disorganized, and more than a little clumsy. (And I love her for that. Well, that, the red hair, and the glasses.)
Hideaki: True Neutral. Like Rin, doesn't really seem to care what the world thinks, and does his own thing, has his own style.
Mutou: Neutral Good. Would say Lawful, but he's too much of an Absent-Minded Professor.
Jigoro: Lawful Evil. The law in question being his own opinions on how the world should be, of course.
Nurse: Chaotic Good. Really, given his job, he should be more Lawful, but he enjoys playing the gadfly too much.
I just spent like 30-40 minutes analyzing how characters from a visual novel fit into the morality system of a roleplaying game. I am such a nerd...
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
d2r

Post by d2r »

emmjay wrote:I just spent like 30-40 minutes analyzing how characters from a visual novel fit into the morality system of a roleplaying game. I am such a nerd...
I will join you in nerd-dom:

Nomiya would be Neutral Evil, since he uses Rin to try and live out his own artistic ambition without compassion, and rages at her when she doesn't fit his ideal.

Sae True Neutral, because she doesn't care either way.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

emmjay wrote:Hmm. Enough about classes, what would their alignments be?
Shizune: Lawful Good. She genuinely wants to help people, and as competitive as she may be, she never cheats.
Rin: True Neutral. She's practically the epitome of going off and doing your own thing, not caring what anyone else may say.
Lilly: Lawful Good. Admittedly, the "law" I'm thinking of here is more that of social interaction than the law of the land, but it still fits.
Hanako: Neutral Good. She's been more drifting through life than actually living it for a while, but she's got a good heart, and she'll set her own problems aside if someone she cares about has problems of their own.
Emi: Chaotic Good. I was going to say Lawful, based on her adherence to exercise schedules and her insistence that Hisao do the same, but then I remembered: She wants to be a pirate. And pirates are, by definition, not Lawful.
Misha: Chaotic Loud. Yes, I know that's not a real alignment. (Unless maybe you're Mr. Welch.)
Akira: Chaotic Good. Definitely a caring person, but she did, after all, supply a teenager's birthday party with alcohol.
Kenji: Chaotic Neutral. Do I really need to explain this one?
Hisao: Really, it depends on which route, and which ending to some degree. Overall though, I'd say Neutral Good. (Or possibly Neutral Dense. Again, I know that's not a real alignment.)
Yuuko: Chaotic Good. She tries to be Lawful, but she's just too disorganized, and more than a little clumsy. (And I love her for that. Well, that, the red hair, and the glasses.)
Hideaki: True Neutral. Like Rin, doesn't really seem to care what the world thinks, and does his own thing, has his own style.
Mutou: Neutral Good. Would say Lawful, but he's too much of an Absent-Minded Professor.
Jigoro: Lawful Evil. The law in question being his own opinions on how the world should be, of course.
Nurse: Chaotic Good. Really, given his job, he should be more Lawful, but he enjoys playing the gadfly too much.
I just spent like 30-40 minutes analyzing how characters from a visual novel fit into the morality system of a roleplaying game. I am such a nerd...
Neutral dense should definitely exist just for Hisao.
In addition, I'd put Nomiya at maybe chaotic neutral, I can't really read what the true intentions of that man ever are. Definite fruitcake though.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Pain

Post by Pain »

I remembered this thread when I cosplayed as Hanako on a maplestory private server.

I was a fire wizard. I'm such a terrible person.

Attachments
hanako.png
hanako.png (9.57 KiB) Viewed 6167 times
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Pain wrote:I remembered this thread when I cosplayed as Hanako on a maplestory private server.

I was a fire wizard. I'm such a terrible person.

You can't be terrible if you've created such an adorable thing.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

ksfan1989 wrote:Kenji is a fighting class I think. A paladin maybe? He's on a crusade, of sorts. I realize he's not a girl but you can go on a date with him so I'm counting it.
Need to be Lawful Good to be a Paladin.
Kenji is definitely NOT Lawful Good :lol:

And to people attempting to give alignments to the characters, here is the D&D alignment system and definition of each:

Lawful Good, “Crusader”
A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. She combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. She tells the truth, keeps her word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished.

Neutral Good, “Benefactor”
A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them.

Chaotic Good, “Rebel”
A chaotic good character acts as his conscience directs him with little regard for what others expect of him. He makes his own way, but he’s kind and benevolent. He believes in goodness and right but has little use for laws and regulations. He hates it when people try to intimidate others and tell them what to do. He follows his own moral compass, which, although good, may not agree with that of society.

Lawful Neutral, “Judge”
A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs her. Order and organization are paramount to her. She may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or she may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government.

Neutral, “Undecided”
A neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. She doesn’t feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutral characters exhibit a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil—after all, she would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, she’s not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way.
Some neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run.

Chaotic Neutral, “Free Spirit”
A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn’t strive to protect others’ freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. A chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). A chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it.

Lawful Evil, “Dominator”
A lawful evil villain methodically takes what he wants within the limits of his code of conduct without regard for whom it hurts. He cares about tradition, loyalty, and order but not about freedom, dignity, or life. He plays by the rules but without mercy or compassion. He is comfortable in a hierarchy and would like to rule, but is willing to serve. He condemns others not according to their actions but according to race, religion, homeland, or social rank. He is loath to break laws or promises.
This reluctance comes partly from his nature and partly because he depends on order to protect himself from those who oppose him on moral grounds. Some lawful evil villains have particular taboos, such as not killing in cold blood (but having underlings do it) or not letting children come to harm (if it can be helped). They imagine that these compunctions put them above unprincipled villains.
Some lawful evil people and creatures commit themselves to evil with a zeal like that of a crusader committed to good. Beyond being willing to hurt others for their own ends, they take pleasure in spreading evil as an end unto itself. They may also see doing evil as part of a duty to an evil deity or master.

Neutral Evil, “Malefactor”
A neutral evil villain does whatever she can get away with. She is out for herself, pure and simple. She sheds no tears for those she kills, whether for profit, sport, or convenience. She has no love of order and holds no illusion that following laws, traditions, or codes would make her any better or more noble. On the other hand, she doesn’t have the restless nature or love of conflict that a chaotic evil villain has.
Some neutral evil villains hold up evil as an ideal, committing evil for its own sake. Most often, such villains are devoted to evil deities or secret societies.

Chaotic Evil, “Destroyer”
A chaotic evil character does whatever his greed, hatred, and lust for destruction drive him to do. He is hot-tempered, vicious, arbitrarily violent, and unpredictable. If he is simply out for whatever he can get, he is ruthless and brutal. If he is committed to the spread of evil and chaos, he is even worse. Thankfully, his plans are haphazard, and any groups he joins or forms are poorly organized. Typically, chaotic evil people can be made to work together only by force, and their leader lasts only as long as he can thwart attempts to topple or assassinate him.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
ksfan1989

Post by ksfan1989 »

Steinherz wrote:Need to be Lawful Good to be a Paladin.
No longer true as of 4E. These days a Paladin is someone who champions a deity. Kenji is obviously a champion for the god of Manliness.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

ksfan1989 wrote:
Steinherz wrote:Need to be Lawful Good to be a Paladin.
No longer true as of 4E. These days a Paladin is someone who champions a deity. Kenji is obviously a champion for the god of Manliness.
Kamina would smite Kenji.

And 4E is bad. Really, really bad.
If that was a rule in 3/3.5 I would be fine, but no. 4E is atrocious.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.