Favourite artworks - reprise.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Zarys

Re: Favourite artworks - reprise.

Post by Zarys »

the "his" was a error, and how you can being a woman and being flat. :mrgreen:
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

No, its Hisao, the tags on the shimmie state it to be so.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

Everyone goes nuts for the Lilly wheatfield scene...Because of course they do. But I always liked this one better. I can't remember if this was Lilly or Hanako's route...

Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

Khalego wrote:Everyone goes nuts for the Lilly wheatfield scene...Because of course they do. But I always liked this one better. I can't remember if this was Lilly or Hanako's route...

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2013 ... eworks.png
I think that is Hanako's route. That Lilly one I don't know but I love this picture.
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

LordMarluxia wrote: Also... I'm kind of afraid to say that of the main girls, Lilly is the one who attracts me the least.
Hello and welcome to the club :lol:
Khalego wrote:Everyone goes nuts for the Lilly wheatfield scene...Because of course they do. But I always liked this one better. I can't remember if this was Lilly or Hanako's route...

That was Hanako's ACT I finalle IIRC.

I can vaguely remember it, but Lilly's ACT I finalle doesn't include Hanako in the mix--vice versa, same with Hanako's route. It's the only time in ACT I where Hisao truly gets some time alone without the 'designated pair' tagging along.

...although frankly, I don't know why people found the wheatfield scene to be so special either. There are scenes from Hanako's, Emi's, Rin's, and even Shizune's that envoke a lot more emotion--but then again, that's just me
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Megumeru wrote:

That was Hanako's ACT I finalle IIRC.
You recall correctly :) .
I can vaguely remember it, but Lilly's ACT I finalle doesn't include Hanako in the mix--vice versa, same with Hanako's route. It's the only time in ACT I where Hisao truly gets some time alone without the 'designated pair' tagging along.
Lilly's Act I finale is the three of them standing in that spot behind the main building with the picnic benches that we see a few other times (e.g., building stalls for Tanabata with Shizune), so yes, it does include Hanako.
...although frankly, I don't know why people found the wheatfield scene to be so special either. There are scenes from Hanako's, Emi's, Rin's, and even Shizune's that envoke a lot more emotion--but then again, that's just me
Rin. Dandelions. That is all.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Numb

Post by Numb »

dewelar wrote:
Rin. Rain. That is all.
Currently working on: Notes for a new project (Coming Soon™)
I did KS and other songs on note blocks in Minecraft: Playlist here
Old works| Rooftops - An Emi Story| Christmas with the Hakamichis | Not Like Him - Rin Perspective|Blossom - A Miki pseudo-route
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Numb wrote:
dewelar wrote:
Rin. Rain. That is all.
Heh...since there are two scenes that fit each of those, I suppose we're even :wink:. Rin's route pretty much blows the others away (heh) when it comes to evoking emotions in me.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Megumeru wrote: ...although frankly, I don't know why people found the wheatfield scene to be so special either. There are scenes from Hanako's, Emi's, Rin's, and even Shizune's that envoke a lot more emotion--but then again, that's just me
(This should probably go into the Random discussion soon.)
Although this may be biased, for reasons I mention later, I find only 1-2 scenes more emotional. The first is the original hospital. I'm a fairly active person, I need to be doing something with my mind at all times, which I why I write, draw, and research all the time. It's to consume and fill myself with knowledge and experiences. Perhaps that's also because I can get really depressed if I stew too long in my past, but that's probably true for most people here. So the idea of being restrained to a single building without a computer (basically a portal to other dimensions as far as I'm concerned) scares me.

I'm further mortified of hospitals due to two experiences I've had before. the first was a tour where I noticed the ER ward looked out over a grave-yard which went over the horizon (like a giant neon arrow saying "You're going here") around 7 years of age. The second was when I actually went to a hospital for blood work among other things. Being put into a bed with nothing to do and no-one around, with time to reflect on the fact I may not see the next sunrise, and doctors constantly glancing at me all too gloomily (I thought I was already declared dead at one point) compounded that. So I could relate to Hisao in this scene, as well as the empathy for having a girl confess to him and essentially triggering his first Arrhythmic attack.

The second is in Lilly's Act 4 in the hospital when she cries on him. Potato may yell at me for this, but I lock my emotions up and have a very Lilly-esque exterior face, further bolstered by my knowledge of body language, which makes me difficult to read and I often purposely throw people off track. So, once and a while, I have a tendency to break. This has happened at least three times as far as I can remember, so I related to Lilly a lot in that scene, especially the "just this once, let me cry" line.

Edit: Spoiler broke on accident, sorry!

I think the scenes that affect you the most emotionally are the ones you relate to the most. The spoiler'd scene is similar to an event I've been in on both sides, although more often on Hisao's than Lilly's.
Last edited by Broomhead on Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

Megumeru wrote:...although frankly, I don't know why people found the wheatfield scene to be so special either. There are scenes from Hanako's, Emi's, Rin's, and even Shizune's that envoke a lot more emotion--but then again, that's just me
It's because it hits all the standard feel-good romance cliches. Sunshine, tearful confessions, melodrama, all kinds of stuff just geared toward melting the heart of gooey romance fans. :lol:
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Khalego wrote:
Megumeru wrote:...although frankly, I don't know why people found the wheatfield scene to be so special either. There are scenes from Hanako's, Emi's, Rin's, and even Shizune's that envoke a lot more emotion--but then again, that's just me
It's because it hits all the standard feel-good romance cliches. Sunshine, tearful confessions, melodrama, all kinds of stuff just geared toward melting the heart of gooey romance fans. :lol:
Pretty much hit the nail on the head with that one, and as a whole, I kinda fall for it every time (cos I'm a mushy shit like that). The scene, or rather the idea, that affects me the most would be in Rin's, and the whole self-destruction for art thing. That really bothers me.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

When I saw that last one on the Shimmie, I thought from the thumbnail it was a Touhou crossover.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Khalego

Post by Khalego »

A Touhou crossover would be amazing. Instead, we just have Hanako.

Khalego's Fanfic Tips
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

just have Hanako
"just" have Hanako IS NEVER just have Hanako, m'kay ? :evil:
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

More Hanabros? Time to bring out the Rin

"Its hugging me Hisao!"