Favourite artworks - reprise.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

brythain

Re: Favourite artworks - reprise.

Post by brythain »

bhtooefr wrote:I'm trying and failing to figure out what's going on with the legs, because they make little anatomical sense.

Also, not only is it yuri, it's incest.
I think it's a failed United Colours of Benetton ad. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

bhtooefr wrote:I'm trying and failing to figure out what's going on with the legs, because they make little anatomical sense.

Never mind the legs, look at Lilly's mouth. One side of it is melting.

Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Charmant wrote:

That's called drool :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Steinherz wrote:
Charmant wrote:

That's called drool :lol:
I'm sure that was the intent but what it actually is is her lower lip slowly drooping away from the rest of her face on one side. :lol: Akira so good, she gave Lilly a stroke.

But anyway, CUTENESS:

BMFJack

Post by BMFJack »

I always love Lilly artwork, but I have a problem with ones like the one from the previous post where Lilly appears to be looking into the perspective we're seeing from.

That uh... that wouldn't happen.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

BMFJack wrote:I always love Lilly artwork, but I have a problem with ones like the one from the previous post where Lilly appears to be looking into the perspective we're seeing from.

This guy gets me
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

Went to a see a brilliant preformance of The Addams Family musical last Friday and after that, I just had to dig this up from the shimmie

"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

BMFJack wrote:I always love Lilly artwork, but I have a problem with ones like the one from the previous post where Lilly appears to be looking into the perspective we're seeing from.

So fanart of her shouldn't have her do something she can do in the VN? :lol:
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Why not? Is she physically incapable of moving her eyes?
Req

Post by Req »

Steinherz wrote:

the vn has Lilly perfectly able to face people she's speaking to, or who are speaking to her.
not to put words in the mouth of others, but I think they object to Lilly facing toward the 'camera' in each pic.

also, I don't think I should draw when I can't think of anything better than to let my imagination run wild :lol:
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Steinherz wrote:So fanart of her shouldn't have her do something she can do in the VN? :lol:
Charmant wrote:Why not? Is she physically incapable of moving her eyes?
I can't speak for Jack, here, but I feel as though a blind person looking toward the person whom they're talking to is a bit unnecessary. Sure, it may be polite, but the whole act seems pointless. Hisao knows she's blind, she knows he knows, where she's looking has literally no effect on the conversation at all. Especially since she's already facing to one side, anyway...
[/picky little bugger] :lol:
Req wrote:also, I don't think I should draw when I can't think of anything better than to let my imagination run wild :lol:
That's no excuse! I'm currently drawing Shizune in 17th century English pikeman's gear and Hanako as a musketeer.
If I can do that without existentially wondering what I'm doing with my life, you can draw whatever the fuck you want :lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Req wrote:
Steinherz wrote:

the vn has Lilly perfectly able to face people she's speaking to, or who are speaking to her.
not to put words in the mouth of others, but I think they object to Lilly facing toward the 'camera' in each pic.
Pretty much.
Req wrote:also, I don't think I should draw when I can't think of anything better than to let my imagination run wild :lol:
No, that's WHEN you should draw :lol:
I also draw, kind of.
Atario

Post by Atario »

They can be pointing somewhere. Why not put the "camera" wherever that is?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
BMFJack

Post by BMFJack »

Lilly can physically face someone, and usually tries to. But she isn't familiar with the concept of moving just her eyes, since she was born blind. The way her head is pointed is where her eyes are looking as well. I guess I wasn't clear enough on that =P
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

BMFJack wrote:Lilly can physically face someone, and usually tries to. But she isn't familiar with the concept of moving just her eyes, since she was born blind. The way her head is pointed is where her eyes are looking as well. I guess I wasn't clear enough on that =P
Artwork of Lilly pointing her eyes in a direction is probably because-
A: Her staring off blankly into space would look silly.
B: It'd be fucking creepy if she didn't.
Last edited by Steinherz on Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I also draw, kind of.