Favourite artworks - reprise.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
Mahorfeus
Posts: 683
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:16 pm

Re: Favourite artworks - reprise.

Post by Mahorfeus » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:47 pm

Maybe it's absinthe. Could make her see some crazy shit.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
The verdict is (finally) in:
Hanako > Rin > Emi > Lilly = Shizune

User avatar
Munchenhausen
Posts: 1874
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:43 am
Location: Leicester, UK

Re: Favourite artworks - reprise.

Post by Munchenhausen » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:01 pm

FBOF wrote:Second, Lilly actually turning her eyes to the exact position of the glass and swirling it casually without spilling seems something a blind person wouldn't be able to do with so little effort.
Thank god, I thought I was the only one who was annoyed with that :P Well, not annoyed, but I wouldn't have done that had I animated it.
Mahorfeus wrote:Maybe it's absinthe. Could make her see some crazy shit.
"Hisao.
Hisao.
Hisao.
Call the nurse.
I'm so drunk I can fucking SEE."
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon

User avatar
Steinherz
Posts: 2095
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:06 am
Location: New England

Re: Favourite artworks - reprise.

Post by Steinherz » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:07 pm

FBOF wrote:It was one of the best scenes in my book as well, but the animation seems kinda strange on the pic. First, the wine stirring looks sluggish. Second, Lilly actually turning her eyes to the exact position of the glass and swirling it casually without spilling seems something a blind person wouldn't be able to do with so little effort
Well Lilly has been blind for most, if not all, of her life. She's likely aware of exactly how far the glass is because you kind of need the ability to understand distances when blind. Plus, she's holding the glass, so she knows exactly where it is.

However, yeah. The wine does seem a bit sluggish.
Munchenhausen wrote:
Mahorfeus wrote:Maybe it's absinthe. Could make her see some crazy shit.
"Hisao.
Hisao.
Hisao.
Call the nurse.
I'm so drunk I can fucking SEE."
Someone fund this scene :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.

User avatar
Cheapchip
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:52 am
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia

Re: Favourite artworks - reprise.

Post by Cheapchip » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:07 pm

Liminaut wrote:That color green? Clearly a thick liquid?

Lilly's drinking pea soup.

Now that is fancy living -- wine glasses for soup bowls.
yummy...wonder what it tastes like.
FBOF wrote:It was one of the best scenes in my book as well, but the animation seems kinda strange on the pic. First, the wine stirring looks sluggish. Second, Lilly actually turning her eyes to the exact position of the glass and swirling it casually without spilling seems something a blind person wouldn't be able to do with so little effort
If she can make tea perfectly then stirring wine is not a problem at all.
My background for my phone is from Imperfect Spectrum KS Artbook.
I'm using this as my signature because you must be a curious person to open the spoiler.
Since you are curious, I'm telling you one random thing about me.

User avatar
Liminaut
Posts: 260
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:52 pm
Location: Broca's Area

Re: Favourite artworks - reprise.

Post by Liminaut » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:13 pm

It's also about the right color for Green Chartreuse. Since Green Chartreuse is ~100 proof -- boy howdy Lilly is having a good time tonight. That's a lot of 100 proof liqueur.

User avatar
300BillionDegrees
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:53 am

Re: Favourite artworks - reprise.

Post by 300BillionDegrees » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:42 pm

Liminaut wrote:It's also about the right color for Green Chartreuse. Since Green Chartreuse is ~100 proof -- boy howdy Lilly is having a good time tonight. That's a lot of 100 proof liqueur.
110 proof I believe. Hisao is in for an interesting night, one way or another..

User avatar
Charmant
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Re: Favourite artworks - reprise.

Post by Charmant » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:56 pm

Valjean Lafitte wrote:
Charmant wrote:Best scene? Probably not but still.

Image
Maybe! At least, a number of my favorite scenes are in Lilly's route, and that is one of my contenders for best scene.

Oh, and someone needs to take that animation, combine it with "Red Velvet" (everyone associates it with that scene anyway), loop it for 30 min. and put that baby up on YouTube. I'd watch it. Then take a moment to ponder my regrets, and then watch it again. :lol:
Might just do. In the meantime, have a terrible idea:

Image

User avatar
Valjean Lafitte
Posts: 369
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:44 am

Re: Favourite artworks - reprise.

Post by Valjean Lafitte » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:18 am

Charmant wrote:
Might just do. In the meantime, have a terrible idea [img]emisoccer.jpg[/img]
I think you mean great idea. Katawa Football! Emi would wipe the floor with the competition.
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."

User avatar
Munchenhausen
Posts: 1874
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:43 am
Location: Leicester, UK

Re: Favourite artworks - reprise.

Post by Munchenhausen » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:53 am

I can't see her prosthetics handling too much ball-kicking...

Plus, I'd rather watch them play Rugby :P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon

User avatar
AaronIsCrunchy
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:28 pm
Location: Portsmouth, floating.

Re: Favourite artworks - reprise.

Post by AaronIsCrunchy » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:09 am

Munchenhausen wrote:I can't see her prosthetics handling too much ball-kicking...

Plus, I'd rather watch them play Rugby :P
Misha = prop/centre
Emi = winger or fly half
RIn = Bit difficult without arms. Ball? (Sorry)
Lilly = If it could be adapted so she could hear the ball and react fast enough, she'd probably be a good lock.
Shizune = Captain. Obviously. Also full back, as she's quite analytical.
Hanako = Probably a flanker or another winger.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.


User avatar
Comrade
Posts: 1248
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Micheal Levi's lyre is real good yo

Re: Favourite artworks - reprise.

Post by Comrade » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:57 am

Isn't Rugby the same sport as Murican football?
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014

User avatar
Munchenhausen
Posts: 1874
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:43 am
Location: Leicester, UK

Re: Favourite artworks - reprise.

Post by Munchenhausen » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:03 am

Comrade wrote:Isn't Rugby the same sport as Murican football?
Kinds the same, but they don't wear kevlar or have advert breaks every three minutes :P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon

User avatar
CoffeeDrive
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: Favourite artworks - reprise.

Post by CoffeeDrive » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:30 am

Comrade wrote:Isn't Rugby the same sport as Murican football?
We're not friends anymore.
Munchenhausen wrote: Kinds the same, but they don't wear kevlar or have advert breaks every three minutes :P
And they dont stop every 15 seconds.
And people get injured.
Like really injured.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl

User avatar
brythain
Posts: 3496
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: East Asia
Contact:

Re: Favourite artworks - reprise.

Post by brythain » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:56 am

CoffeeDrive wrote:
Comrade wrote:Isn't Rugby the same sport as Murican football?
We're not friends anymore.
Munchenhausen wrote: Kinds the same, but they don't wear kevlar or have advert breaks every three minutes :P
And they dont stop every 15 seconds.
And people get injured.
Like really injured.
Us rugby players give hookers more respect than Murfoots do.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)

User avatar
Atario
Posts: 1358
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:06 am
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Favourite artworks - reprise.

Post by Atario » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:22 am

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Misha = prop/centre
Emi = winger or fly half
RIn = Bit difficult without arms. Ball? (Sorry)
Lilly = If it could be adapted so she could hear the ball and react fast enough, she'd probably be a good lock.
Shizune = Captain. Obviously. Also full back, as she's quite analytical.
Hanako = Probably a flanker or another winger.
I feel like I'm reading one of those "MFW Americans call _____ '_____'…" Hugh Laurie Dandy meme threads.
CoffeeDrive wrote:And people get injured.
Like really injured.
Concussions in American football

Anyway, I don't know why people think Emi would use running prosthetics to kick a ball. Right tool for the right job.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote

Post Reply