First impression of the girls vs final impressions?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

someguy1294

Re: First impression of the girls vs final impressions?

Post by someguy1294 »

Munchenhausen wrote:
someguy1294 wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:...
...now kiss >:3
This isn't a yaoi, damnit! :lol:
I don't care what it is, it's giving me a boner
:shock: ...Hey Spunk, did you just feel a chill run through your very soul, or is it just me?

I know now know what it feels like to be part of a yaoi ship... I feel so terrible for every male anime character ever right now.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

SpunkySix wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:...
...now kiss >:3
http://media.tumblr.com/9074241bfff0c26 ... qz4rgp.gif
Right idea, wrong girls. Get me some Pyrrha in there and we're in business.

But agreed about Yuuko. There's a scene in I THINK Shizune's route where he meets her in the park, and she came off as being so wise and almost normal that my opinion of her changed, from someone who's... sweet but a bit useless to a kind of nervous Mutou - wanting to help but never entirely sure how to do it.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

someguy1294 wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:
someguy1294 wrote:I don't care what it is, it's giving me a boner
:shock: ...Hey Spunk, did you just feel a chill run through your very soul, or is it just me?

I know now know what it feels like to be part of a yaoi ship... I feel so terrible for every male anime character ever right now.
I don't know how to feel right now. Part of me is like, wow, people have an interest vested in my relationships, but another part of me is very, very concerned.

And I have to admit, with Yuuko, I liked her quite a bit, but she sort of just seemed there in Emi's route. Doesn't do much as the librarian, and shows up once as a waitress then leaves. Cute, but not really vital.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:And I have to admit, with Yuuko, I liked her quite a bit, but she sort of just seemed there in Emi's route. Doesn't do much as the librarian, and shows up once as a waitress then leaves. Cute, but not really vital.
Is she ever really vital though? She has the occasional wisdom but Mutou could deal that stuff out well enough.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Potato wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:And I have to admit, with Yuuko, I liked her quite a bit, but she sort of just seemed there in Emi's route. Doesn't do much as the librarian, and shows up once as a waitress then leaves. Cute, but not really vital.
Is she ever really vital though? She has the occasional wisdom but Mutou could deal that stuff out well enough.
Mutou could, but I think the advise has more impact coming from two different sources than just having Mutou deliver all the lines. Plus Yuuko is a bit closer to Hisao's age and on a much less formal basis.
Not Dead Yet
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Oddball wrote:
Potato wrote:
Mutou could, but I think the advise has more impact coming from two different sources than just having Mutou deliver all the lines. Plus Yuuko is a bit closer to Hisao's age and on a much less formal basis.
My friend told me she's pretty important in Hanako's route, if that means anything.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Oddball wrote:
Potato wrote:
True enough. She kinda bridges the gap between 'student' and 'old teacher dude', I guess. I consider her woefully underused myself.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

SpunkySix wrote:
My friend told me she's pretty important in Hanako's route, if that means anything.
She does offer quite a bit of advice in Hanako's route, actually, so your friend may be on to something.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

Potato wrote:
Mutou is a clear authority figure. Yuuko is close to being a peer of Hisao (they are only a few years apart in age), but with a bit more perspective. She's pretty effective as a source of sanity in the game.
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

And now To derail the thread a bit by returning to the original topic :-) :

Emi:
First: She's the fun one!
Final: Not only is she the fun one, she's the sane one, too! Which is saying something.

Hanako
First: D'AWWWWW!
Final: Hisao m'lad, you are about to discover the joys and sorrows of being in a relationship with somebody markedly crazier than you are. The good times are going to be pretty impressive, and so will the bad times.

Lilly
First: Winning!
Final: Boy howdy, does she have attachment and repression issues. Another bumpy ride for Hisao coming up. Then again, Hisao is the Master of Denial in this route, so maybe things will work out.

Rin
First: Great, amazing friend. Not somebody to be in a relationship with.
Final: Right the first time. For some reason, Rin was the only girl I felt 0 romantic attraction to.

Shizune
First: Danger Will Robinson! Infinite time suck ahead!
Final: Well that was anti-climactic. All the action happened off-screen.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Liminaut wrote:And now To derail the thread a bit by returning to the original topic :-) :
Good lord, why would you do that you crazy Liminaut you?! :P
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

Liminaut wrote:Rin
Final: Right the first time. For some reason, Rin was the only girl I felt 0 romantic attraction to.
Pretty much my thoughts too. It's the reason I mostly didn't like her route all that much.
Lilly > Hanako=Emi > Shizune > Rin
Potato

Post by Potato »

Walshy12238 wrote:
Pretty much my thoughts too. It's the reason I mostly didn't like her route all that much.
"Great, amazing friend."

"Yeah, that's why I didn't like it that much..."

What even.
d2r

Post by d2r »

OK, I guess I'll finally get off my ass and do this. I'm going to try to do this a sentence or two apiece, since nobody is interested in me rambling for several paragraphs. Perforce this will be a bit glib, but to hell with it. :P

Hanako

First Impression: Shy. Route likely to involve bringing her out of shell.

End Impression: Assumption accurate, but route's criticism of protectiveness interesting caveat.

Lilly

First Impression: She seems nice.

End Impression: She is nice. Though she should have been more honest with Hisao.

Emi

First Impression: God damn it, not a fucking loli. I approve of the running, though.

End Impression: I suspect she & I would get along IRL. She still looks a bit too young in many of the CGs, though.

Shizune

First Impression: An enigma.

End Impression: An enigma I know substantially more about.

Misha

First Impression: Cute. I wonder why she doesn't have a route?

End Impression: They made the right decision by not giving her a route.

Rin

First Impression: Strange, but amusing.

End Impression: Strange.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
Walshy12238 wrote:
"Great, amazing friend."

"Yeah, that's why I didn't like it that much..."

What even.
Well, "really great, amazing friend" and "person I want to be inside of" technically aren't always the same thing.