First impression of the girls vs final impressions?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: First impression of the girls vs final impressions?

Post by SpunkySix » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:27 pm

bhtooefr wrote:I didn't say that she was misrepresenting her age, just that she doesn't actually know that Hisao's birthday is much closer to hers than she thinks.
Oh, that's possible then. :? Misunderstood, my bad.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

User avatar
AaronIsCrunchy
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:28 pm
Location: Portsmouth, floating.

Re: First impression of the girls vs final impressions?

Post by AaronIsCrunchy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:29 pm

SpunkySix wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:Or we could simply go with that particular snag in the law not existing in the KS universe's Japan, so Emi's still a year older than Hisao. It'll require us to contradict less stuff that's established in the VN.
This. I don't see why she'd lie about that or even stretch her age a little for no reason when the whole point of that scene was to slowly build up the intensity of her confessions, which tend to be true things.
I suppose this makes sense, putting a lie before saying something so personal to you to someone just seems like a pointless exercise.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.


User avatar
Atario
Posts: 1358
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:06 am
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: First impression of the girls vs final impressions?

Post by Atario » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:28 pm

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:It was more frustrating on Emi's that Hisao didn't get what was going on fully for AAAAAGES after the rest of us could've written a bloody thesis on it, but ahh well :lol:
We don't know that he didn't get it. He never mused about it, nor talked about it, but he also never puzzled over it. Seems to me he just avoided making assumptions the way we did. After all, Emi's dad could just as easily have been gone by abandoning the family rather than by death.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote

User avatar
AaronIsCrunchy
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:28 pm
Location: Portsmouth, floating.

Re: First impression of the girls vs final impressions?

Post by AaronIsCrunchy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:39 pm

Atario wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:It was more frustrating on Emi's that Hisao didn't get what was going on fully for AAAAAGES after the rest of us could've written a bloody thesis on it, but ahh well :lol:
We don't know that he didn't get it. He never mused about it, nor talked about it, but he also never puzzled over it. Seems to me he just avoided making assumptions the way we did. After all, Emi's dad could just as easily have been gone by abandoning the family rather than by death.
Aaah, I suppose so. I think that her dad dying was the more likely one given her and Meiko's reaction when he's brought up, but I guess he wouldn't wanna risk it, and it's not the sort of thing you can casually bring up in conversation.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.


User avatar
Oddball
Posts: 2767
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: First impression of the girls vs final impressions?

Post by Oddball » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:43 pm

It's the part about visiting him that threw me. I assumed he was in a hospital braindead or comatose or something.
Not Dead Yet

User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: First impression of the girls vs final impressions?

Post by SpunkySix » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:08 pm

I do believe that Hisao even begins to narrate his hunch before going back on it because if he's wrong he could totally destroy his relationship with Emi right there and then.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

User avatar
AaronIsCrunchy
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:28 pm
Location: Portsmouth, floating.

Re: First impression of the girls vs final impressions?

Post by AaronIsCrunchy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:10 pm

SpunkySix wrote:I do believe that Hisao even begins to narrate his hunch before going back on it because if he's wrong he could totally destroy his relationship with Emi right there and then.
I have a suspicion you may be right there :/ Looks like I'm gonna have to play through Emi's route AGAIN... oh no... :D
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.


User avatar
Potato
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Re: First impression of the girls vs final impressions?

Post by Potato » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:13 pm

SpunkySix wrote:I do believe that Hisao even begins to narrate his hunch before going back on it because if he's wrong he could totally destroy his relationship with Emi right there and then.
Because his relationship with her at that point was totally something worth maintaining...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.

User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: First impression of the girls vs final impressions?

Post by SpunkySix » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:24 pm

Potato wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:I do believe that Hisao even begins to narrate his hunch before going back on it because if he's wrong he could totally destroy his relationship with Emi right there and then.
Because his relationship with her at that point was totally something worth maintaining...
Hey, he liked her for who she was. That's worth fighting for no matter what sort of walls she was putting up.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

User avatar
someguy1294
Posts: 337
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:17 pm

Re: First impression of the girls vs final impressions?

Post by someguy1294 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:31 pm

Potato wrote:
someguy1294 wrote:Damn it Spunky, why can't you just be happy that I don't think Emi's an idiot? :lol:
Because you're wrong. 8)
Don't go there, man. I have no desire to be cooked.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.

User avatar
HarvestmanMan
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:35 pm
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, 'Murica
Contact:

Re: First impression of the girls vs final impressions?

Post by HarvestmanMan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:04 am

someguy1294 wrote:
Potato wrote:
someguy1294 wrote:Damn it Spunky, why can't you just be happy that I don't think Emi's an idiot? :lol:
Because you're wrong. 8)
Don't go there, man. I have no desire to be cooked.
Silently?
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2

User avatar
someguy1294
Posts: 337
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:17 pm

Re: First impression of the girls vs final impressions?

Post by someguy1294 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:07 am

HarvestmanMan wrote: Silently?
Precisely.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.

User avatar
AaronIsCrunchy
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:28 pm
Location: Portsmouth, floating.

Re: First impression of the girls vs final impressions?

Post by AaronIsCrunchy » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:06 pm

My impression of the nurse changed quite considerably during Emi's route: at the start of Act 1, I thought he was going to be a comic relief character with a bit of an inadvertently callous streak, what with the borderline-inappropriate jokes and the erratic flipping between serious and joking. As it goes on, he 'becomes' somebody who genuinely cares for those that it's his responsibility to look out for, whilst not mollycoddling.

I know he's not a girl, but bovvered.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.


User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: First impression of the girls vs final impressions?

Post by SpunkySix » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:28 pm

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:My impression of the nurse changed quite considerably during Emi's route: at the start of Act 1, I thought he was going to be a comic relief character with a bit of an inadvertently callous streak, what with the borderline-inappropriate jokes and the erratic flipping between serious and joking. As it goes on, he 'becomes' somebody who genuinely cares for those that it's his responsibility to look out for, whilst not mollycoddling.
Yeah, it was neat that he could be funny and still end up having a lot of substance.

Him and Meiko would be so cute together...
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

User avatar
Munchenhausen
Posts: 1874
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:43 am
Location: Leicester, UK

Re: First impression of the girls vs final impressions?

Post by Munchenhausen » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:51 pm

So basically, Nurse would make a pretty good father figure for Emi if she can overcome her issues?
Bescause yes :3
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon

Post Reply