First impression of the girls vs final impressions?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: First impression of the girls vs final impressions?

Post by SpunkySix »

brythain wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:My, my... this is most unfortunate.
B-but L-Lilly's NOT dull!!! Ivegottogodosomethingaboutit!
Oh, I agree. She is not.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

SpunkySix wrote:
brythain wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:My, my... this is most unfortunate.
B-but L-Lilly's NOT dull!!! Ivegottogodosomethingaboutit!
Oh, I agree. She is not.
Damn it Spunky, why can't you just be happy that I don't think Emi's an idiot? :lol:
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
Potato

Post by Potato »

someguy1294 wrote:Damn it Spunky, why can't you just be happy that I don't think Emi's an idiot? :lol:
Because you're wrong. 8)
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
someguy1294 wrote:Damn it Spunky, why can't you just be happy that I don't think Emi's an idiot? :lol:
Because you're wrong. 8)
All of my disapproval. :evil:
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Giving credits where credits due, Lilly's story line is fun to read. To describe, it's what I would best describe as 'fluff-soaked soap opera'. But character wise, I find everything about her to be...most predictable (aside from her sex-drive). Dull would be a close description, but to each of their own.

To elaborate...
I guessed Lilly to be 'a, b, c' and it was proven until the end that she is 'a, b, c'. Compare to Emi whom I guessed as 'A, B, C' but came out much later with 'E, F, G'--same goes for Hanako, Shizune, and Rin--especially Rin and Shizune. Those two characters are difficult to read with their inability to communicate (or lack thereof). It's actually why I enjoyed rereading Rin's and Shizune's route over and over again just to see if I can catch something else that I missed in first, second, third read :lol:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Potato

Post by Potato »

Megumeru wrote:Compare to Emi whom I guessed as 'A, B, C' but came out much later with 'E, F, G'
Huh. I always thought Emi came out with more of an 'L, M, N'...

She was always more predictable than Lilly though. :lol: Halfway through the route, I was already calling out her major conflict.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I wouldn't really call Lilly dull though. She actually has a cheeky sense of humor that comes out from time to time. She may be largely predictable to some degree, but she isn't dull.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Guest Poster wrote:I wouldn't really call Lilly dull though. She actually has a cheeky sense of humor that comes out from time to time. She may be largely predictable to some degree, but she isn't dull.
^ All of this, all the time.

If 'predictable' were synonymous with dull, 99% of everything would be dull. :lol:
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

SpunkySix wrote:You were so wrong. She's realllyyy 19.
She's actually wrong about being a year older than Hisao, she's at most about 2 months, 3 weeks older (although she's a year older than she should be for her year of school, and she'll be 19 for her last week of her third year). Based on the Japanese school law, she's 18. Rin is the real loli, unless she was held back a year before entering school due to appearing developmentally delayed (she may well have been). And, Lilly was held back a year (as she canonically turned 18 in February, yet is in her third year (and not her first year of university). So, Lilly's actually the oldest character in the game that has a route.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Or we could simply go with that particular snag in the law not existing in the KS universe's Japan, so Emi's still a year older than Hisao. It'll require us to contradict less stuff that's established in the VN.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Potato

Post by Potato »

bhtooefr wrote:Rin is the real loli
In what universe is Rin a six-year-old?
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

I meant under 18, ffs.

And, that's without the exception that I cited, which would make her 18 anyway, and easily could apply to her. (Making it apply to Lilly is much more of a stretch, but a properly applied bribe might do it.)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Potato wrote:
Megumeru wrote:Compare to Emi whom I guessed as 'A, B, C' but came out much later with 'E, F, G'
Huh. I always thought Emi came out with more of an 'L, M, N'...

She was always more predictable than Lilly though. :lol: Halfway through the route, I was already calling out her major conflict.
What you did there. I see it.

I agree with this, I didn't have much of an inkling on what was gonna happen until Akira collared Hisao in the park, whereas it's obvious from pretty early on where Emi's demons lie. It was more frustrating on Emi's that Hisao didn't get what was going on fully for AAAAAGES after the rest of us could've written a bloody thesis on it, but ahh well :lol:
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Guest Poster wrote:Or we could simply go with that particular snag in the law not existing in the KS universe's Japan, so Emi's still a year older than Hisao. It'll require us to contradict less stuff that's established in the VN.
This. I don't see why she'd lie about that or even stretch her age a little for no reason when the whole point of that scene was to slowly build up the intensity of her confessions, which tend to be true things.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

I didn't say that she was misrepresenting her age, just that she doesn't actually know that Hisao's birthday is much closer to hers than she thinks.