First impression of the girls vs final impressions?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

pisceanreve

Re: First impression of the girls vs final impressions?

Post by pisceanreve »

Shizune: shy, typical anime girl ---> extremely stubborn, strong-willed character
Hanako: also shy, very timid ---> same, but a lot more deep-seated emotional issues
Emi: fun, very energized, flightly ---> more attitude, not flightly (but still a very nice girl all the same)
Lilly: polite, perhaps a bit stuck-up ---> reserved, a bit shy, but very sweet
Rin: oddball, not "with it" ---> misunderstood, more sensible than she lets on
Misha: WAHAHAHAHA~ ---> sadness.....

am I forgetting anyone?
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

pisceanreve wrote:Misha: WAHAHAHAHA~ ---> sadness.....

am I forgetting anyone?
That description of Misha is too perfect. And no, I think you got all the mains.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Atario

Post by Atario »

pisceanreve wrote:Shizune: shy
How…?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Atario wrote:
pisceanreve wrote:Shizune: shy
How…?
I think he was more looking for impersonal.
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

Lilly.
First impression: pretty damned proper and graceful and stuff. Clearly we have different definitions of fun.
Final impression: I am lazy and have not done her route yet

Shizune.
First impression: Dear sweet baby Jesus she's a bitch. Stay away. Far away.

Misha.
First impression: She is to obnoxiousness as Shizune is to alpha bitch-ness. Also stay away.

Rin.
First impression: Overly existential and borderline incoherent. Maybe she'll make sense!
Final impression: Really thoughtful but troubled. Poor gal. She can make sense depending on how you approach what she says

Emi.
First impression: Generic cute character. I hate pigtails. Nice but hyperactive.
Final impression: Went better than expected. Hisao is a bonehead. She's more passionate than hyperactive

Hanako.
First impression: So shy it's obnoxious. No desire to pursue this character, I likely wouldn't get far.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

My first impression of the girls was back when Emi and Yuuko looked like this.

school1.jpg
school1.jpg (407.03 KiB) Viewed 4052 times

I feel I've made my thoughts clear enough about my final impressions, but my first impressions....

Hanako - adorable.
Emi - oh god. It's one of those, underage "But she's realllyyy 18" annoying hyper girls.
Rin - Funny, quirky and interesting. I never expected her to have the problems she did.
Shizune - "I don't want to be in the student council! Shut up about the goddamned student council!"
Lilly - I thought she was just a supporting character for Hanako. :oops: I actually had no clue she had her own path.
Yuuko - I thought she was a student that for some reason was working at the library and the Shanghai. I was really curious as to what her backstory was. :oops: In my defense, she really looked a lot younger back then.
Not Dead Yet
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Oddball wrote:Emi - oh god. It's one of those, underage "But she's realllyyy 18" annoying hyper girls.
You were so wrong. She's realllyyy 19. I have to admit though, I saw some art of her that made it look like she was the loli option before playing and it caught me off guard when she very clearly wasn't in the actual game.
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:
Oddball wrote:Emi - oh god. It's one of those, underage "But she's realllyyy 18" annoying hyper girls.
You were so wrong. She's realllyyy 19. I have to admit though, I saw some art of her that made it look like she was the loli option before playing and it caught me off guard when she very clearly wasn't in the actual game.
They upgraded our loli. :3
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
They upgraded our loli. :3
And for that, we thank the Katawa gods.
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

HarvestmanMan wrote:
Shizune.
First impression: Dear sweet baby Jesus she's a bitch. Stay away. Far away.

Hanako.
First impression: So shy it's obnoxious. No desire to pursue this character, I likely wouldn't get far.
First off... DO HANAKO'S ROUTE! RIGHT NOW!

I had the exact same first impressions of Hanako and Shizune you did, but once I got into Hanako's route and learned to see more of her than her shyness, she became one of my favorite girls in the game.

Shizune is, admittedly, a relentless bitch in most of Act 1, but tones it down quite a bit in Act 2. Not my favorite girl, but still worth playing through.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Never knew being shy due to horrible trauma could ever be described as "obnoxious". :lol:

Inb4 "It's a first impression, we didn't know she had trauma then!" - She is clearly heavily scarred on half of her face and at least one hand that we see (piecing together that the rest also scarred is pretty easy from there). Everyone knew she had trauma. :P
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Potato wrote:Never knew being shy due to horrible trauma could ever be described as "obnoxious". :lol:

Inb4 "It's a first impression, we didn't know she had trauma then!" - She is clearly heavily scarred on half of her face and at least one hand that we see (piecing together that the rest also scarred is pretty easy from there). Everyone knew she had trauma. :P
Having a reason for being fucked up doesn't make you less fucked up. Just sayin'.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
Potato

Post by Potato »

someguy1294 wrote:Having a reason for being fucked up doesn't make you less fucked up. Just sayin'.
Okay...Never once said it does but thanks.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

First impressions and last impressions...

So first are based on ACTI, correct?

Shizune: Aggressive, dominating, independent, fun-loving, and selfish to a degree--but somehow, she has more to say than what's presented. Will look further into that.
Rin: A walking rubik's cube waiting to be solved.
Emi: Little sister-type, with a cute and 'genki' personality that soars through the roof.
Misha: Obnoxiously loud; probably has mental disability? Or hearing problem? Shizune's right-hand man
Hanako: Super timid, super shy, super reserved. Yet similarly, has more to say than what's presented.
Lilly: A-typical Yamato Nadeshiko-esque personality-wise; chance of turning into Mary Sue.

BONUS:
Kenji: Hikikomori

And the last impressions.

Shizune: Aggressive, dominating, independent, fun-loving, selfless, but more often detached and isolated from the things that around her due to her disability and inability to 'speak out', forcing her to take actions 'as-she-see-fit'. A shy girl that prefers to keep problems to her own and mitigates the damage, willing to lose one's self for others she sees as precious. An optimist.
Rin: A girl who has trouble to communicate her thoughts and present them into action. Still a rubik's cube waiting to be solved--but at least 3/6 of them has the right colors.
Emi: A very-very troubled individual who you can't help but sympathize with. Surprisingly 'wild' considering how she is the shortest of the cast--and totally wasn't expecting that scene. But beneath all that trouble, that cute and genki personality does exist which is awesome in any regards.
Misha: Shizune's closest aide, precious friend, and a very-very sad individual. Nonetheless, someone I'd be happy to be friends with for a very-very long time. Obnoxiously-loud just because.
Hanako: A timid girl that has more to say than what she can express. Overall, a very sensitive girl who--despite her looks--is stronger than what she shows.
Lilly: A-typical Yamato Nadeshiko-esque personality-wise.

Not much different, I think. Just a much deeper understanding of each character.

BONUS:
Kenji: Hikikomori 'brothers in arms'.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Potato

Post by Potato »

Megumeru wrote:Or hearing problem?
Her hearing problem is Shizune.

I really couldn't sympathize much with Emi for a lot of the route...She just made me wanna smack her upside the head for being dumb as hell. :lol: Which was made worse by the realization that I've made every one of her mistakes myself in past.