First impression of the girls vs final impressions?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

RandomPerson

Re: First impression of the girls vs final impressions?

Post by RandomPerson »

Party..... With lots of alcohol........ And music ( for lilly) ....... Outside of school grounds when there at a legal age( shizune) .......no one dressed provocatively or cute to give hisao a heart attack( I'm looking at you misha and emi) and that sound be ok... Oh wait a canvas for rin to do wired shit to
"Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind. But if you want to leave fine. Just know that I'll never forget you." - lelo and stitch

"What you talking 'bout tezuka" - Gary Coleman (RIP)
Potato

Post by Potato »

RandomPerson wrote:Party..... With lots of alcohol........ And music ( for lilly) ....... Outside of school grounds when there at a legal age( shizune) .......no one dressed provocatively or cute to give hisao a heart attack( I'm looking at you misha and emi) and that sound be ok... Oh wait a canvas for rin to do wired shit to
...I cannot even begin to understand this post. Are you in the right topic?
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
RandomPerson

Post by RandomPerson »

Wow my brain is sleep derprived....... I think i might actually be retarded
"Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind. But if you want to leave fine. Just know that I'll never forget you." - lelo and stitch

"What you talking 'bout tezuka" - Gary Coleman (RIP)
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

SpunkySix wrote:
Potato wrote:
Walshy12238 wrote:Pretty much my thoughts too. It's the reason I mostly didn't like her route all that much.
"Great, amazing friend."

"Yeah, that's why I didn't like it that much..."

What even.
Well, "really great, amazing friend" and "person I want to be inside of" technically aren't always the same thing.
This guy understands.

The romantic side of her route seemed kind of conflicting with how I felt about Rin. I played it because why not, but it didn't feel (to me) like she should be with Hisao. She just felt like a friend, and it was kind of out of place in my head.
RandomPerson wrote:Party..... With lots of alcohol........ And music ( for lilly) ....... Outside of school grounds when there at a legal age( shizune) .......no one dressed provocatively or cute to give hisao a heart attack( I'm looking at you misha and emi) and that sound be ok... Oh wait a canvas for rin to do wired shit to
Yeah, dude, what are you trying to say?
Lilly > Hanako=Emi > Shizune > Rin
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

RandomPerson wrote:Wow my brain is sleep derprived....... I think i might actually be retarded
Haha I know that feeling :lol: I've made a few nonsensical posts when i've treied posting whilst my brain was trying its best to make me sleep :P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

I have yet to finish Hanako's route (still doing it) so I don't have an end opinion on her.

Rin: At the beginning I loved her and loved her and loved her. She was just cute and awesome and cool and everything!
At the end I still love her. Actually I began to love her more. Normal end made me incredibly sad though. Her good end was worth everything and was a gorgeous ending.
Rin is definitely my favorite girl in KS and one of my favorite fictional characters.

Lilly: At the beginning I liked her. She reminded me of a certain friend of mine strongly (who is also coincidentally blind) just that she was a lot more boring but more affectionate than my friend (making her quite different). In the end I didn't feel much different. It was mostly a sweet love story and the ending was really predictable (but still somewhat emotional). She was slightly too boring for my taste.

Emi: At the beginning I thought she was pure adorableness (although the way she runs around in the corridor in school really pissed me off. Came off as uncaring). I somewhat liked her. But at the end I began to despise her. How she treated Hisao did really grind me up the wrong way. I ended up hating her too much to try and take her bad end. Will have to do it later.

Shizune: The opposite of Emi. At first I hated her. She forced people to compete with her (something I really really hate. Competition is terrible and forcing others into it is just despicable). How she treated Hisao and Misha in the beginning infuriated me. At the end though I began to understand her. Her competitive attitude was very cute and childlike and how she admits and tries to fix her own mistakes is quite admirable. I don't like her that much though. I prefer Lilly by a mile but Shizune is far from dis-likable. I feel quite neutral towards Shizune.

Misha: At the beginning I loved her. She seemed to be an exact replica of another one of my friends (loud, cheerful, laughs a lot randomly, sweet, caring, nice). The biggest discerning factor was her circumstances as Shizune's slave translator (which made her very different to my friend later on). Misha's bad end was really upsetting though. Broke my heart a little bit and made me feel like shit. Although in the good end I was really happy that she recovered and that she is as wonderful as she was before. I definitely love Misha. Brilliant character.

Hanako: I am enjoying Hanako's arc greatly. Just finished act 2 and Hanako is extremely adorable. She seems to be a lot more interesting than Lilly fortunately. Hanako is extremely cute and very sweet.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:Competition is terrible and forcing others into it is just despicable). How she treated Hisao and Misha in the beginning infuriated me
In what reality is competition terrible? And nobody is ever forced into competition. :P She hasn't exactly enslaved anybody to be her competition monkeys.

How she treats Hisao infuriated you? Huh...Yeah, now that you mention it, her trying to coax him out of depression and apathy was really totally shitty of her. Like, damn, Shizune, stop trying to help people out, you bitch. :lol:

And Emi's bad end will make you hate her more. She's a total cunt in it, no matter her or Spunky's excuses.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:Misha: At the beginning I loved her. She seemed to be an exact replica of another one of my friends (loud, cheerful, laughs a lot randomly, sweet, caring, nice). The biggest discerning factor was her circumstances as Shizune's slave translator (which made her very different to my friend later on). Misha's bad end was really upsetting though. Broke my heart a little bit and made me feel like shit. Although in the good end I was really happy that she recovered and that she is as wonderful as she was before. I definitely love Misha. Brilliant character.
Damn. I've been trying to get either of these routes for ages.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Potato

Post by Potato »

brythain wrote:
Forever_ambivalent wrote:Misha: At the beginning I loved her. She seemed to be an exact replica of another one of my friends (loud, cheerful, laughs a lot randomly, sweet, caring, nice). The biggest discerning factor was her circumstances as Shizune's slave translator (which made her very different to my friend later on). Misha's bad end was really upsetting though. Broke my heart a little bit and made me feel like shit. Although in the good end I was really happy that she recovered and that she is as wonderful as she was before. I definitely love Misha. Brilliant character.
"Either of these routes"

Good luck. Misha figures heavily into Shizune's route, being her loyal cyborg slave and all, but there's just the one route.

Misha's route is stashed away in Kenji's room, never to see the light of day, like that crate at the end of Raiders. (There's a scene in Shizune's where Kenji receives a mystery box package, and a dev once joked that it was Misha's route in the box.)
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

I thought Rin was weird at first, but then, I thought she was, like, super weird.

Awesome weird, though.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Potato wrote:
brythain wrote:
"Either of these routes"

Good luck. Misha figures heavily into Shizune's route, being her loyal cyborg slave and all, but there's just the one route.

Misha's route is stashed away in Kenji's room, never to see the light of day, like that crate at the end of Raiders. (There's a scene in Shizune's where Kenji receives a mystery box package, and a dev once joked that it was Misha's route in the box.)
I'm quite sure it's the one where you do something right just before you have the manly picnic. Then you get to the manly panic scene instead and don't fall off the roof but end up with Misha consoling you for the loss of the whisky.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

KeiichiO wrote:I thought Rin was weird at first, but then, I thought she was, like, super weird.

Super weird, though.
Fix'd it for ya
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Munchenhausen wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:I thought Rin was weird at first, but then, I thought she was, like, super weird.

Super weird, though.
Fix'd it for ya
You say that like weird is inherently a bad thing tho.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

SpunkySix wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:

Super weird, though.
Fix'd it for ya
You say that like weird is inherently a bad thing tho.
Trust me, I'm the local authority on weird ;)
Funny weird is cool, Rin is...
Rin's just... Rin weird.
Like a whole new level of weird :C
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Weird starts being a less than good when it's preventing you from functioning on a basic level. Rin's weirdness would definitely count as a handicap in its own right, since it severely harms her ability to be independant. Rin basically needs someone to look out for her, not because she has difficulty doing stuff without arms (she doesn't, most of the time), but because when left alone she has the tendency to start neglecting herself.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.