Has anybody here played this while having a RL girlfriend?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Did you have a girlfriend at the time of playing KS?

Yes, I had a girlfriend in RL while playing KS
41%
No, I did not have a girlfriend in RL while playing KS
59%

Total votes: 66

KeiichiO

Re: Has anybody here played this while having a RL girlfrien

Post by KeiichiO »

I played it nearly directly after I broke up with my girlfriend. She actually reminded me a bit of Hanako, or, rather, Hanako reminded me a bit of her.

Heh.
ksfan1989

Post by ksfan1989 »

metalangel wrote:I wonder a bit about all the very young people who've never had a relationship and are thinking KS is some kind of guide...
Things KS teaches about relationships:

* Be honest with your partner
* Respect your partner
* Treat your partner as an equal
* Be there for your partner, but don't try to solve their problems for them

...Honestly, a young person could do worse.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

ksfan1989 wrote:
metalangel wrote:I wonder a bit about all the very young people who've never had a relationship and are thinking KS is some kind of guide...
Things KS teaches about relationships:

* Be honest with your partner
* Respect your partner
* Treat your partner as an equal
* Be there for your partner, but don't try to solve their problems for them

...Honestly, a young person could do worse.
Yeah. Honestly, the only thing that concerns me as somebody looking at this and wondering what relationships are like is the H content. I would have done most of the stuff in the game, but I don't think I would have wanted to... have "relations" with Emi so early on. It really confuses me how normal that is/isn't in real life, and it has long before this.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Yeah, I've been in a relationship for 2 years this coming March. Since September my cosy little school-based relationship turned into a long-distance relationship, and one with what I sometimes feel is not enough communication, but KS has succeeded in bringing out my emotions in ways that I've previously found difficult (although I'm a bit of a romantic, which I will readily admit, I'm also incredibly emotionally reserved. I'm Aspergers' and British, I'm allowed to be xD), and it's made me appreciate that much more the fact that I'm with this girl and she has chosen to stay with me.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Steinherz wrote:Nope because to quote the last female I opened my heart to I'm "too emotional and shouldn't even try dating"
What... that's pretty damn harsh man. Don't be disheartened, I know quite a lot of people that prefer emotional types to reserved types. Absolutely don't give up just because of what one quite frankly insensitive girl said. :)
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Steinherz wrote:Nope because to quote the last female I opened my heart to I'm "too emotional and shouldn't even try dating"
What... that's pretty damn harsh man. Don't be disheartened, I know quite a lot of people that prefer emotional types to reserved types. Absolutely don't give up just because of what one quite frankly insensitive girl said. :)
I agree.

To be fair though, she was probably just playing her cards close to her chest. The world is cold man. You gotta be cold. Those feminists are nasty... sometimes they even eat their own.
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:This may have been discussed before, but I feel like it's worth asking since it's probably well buried by now. Has anybody played this during a time they actually had a girlfriend? If so, then what the heck is that like? I can't imagine having all these feels and then seeing somebody you're supposed to have more feels for almost every day at the same time. That seems like it would be overload. How'd you manage, if you even did?

Also, poll question to monitor the general population's answer.
You're not supposed to have feels for a girlfriend, or anybody. Feels are for fiction. Emotions are for reality.

And nah, I was and am single. But had I been involved when playing this (or, as of now, replaying), I doubt it would change much. Worse case scenario, my depression after each KS session would've warranted mention.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

SpunkySix wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
I agree.

To be fair though, she was probably just playing her cards close to her chest. The world is cold man. You gotta be cold. Those feminists are nasty... sometimes they even eat their own.
The global feminist conspiracy, once more raises its ugly head.

Atario

Post by Atario »

SpunkySix wrote:Honestly, the only thing that concerns me as somebody looking at this and wondering what relationships are like is the H content. I would have done most of the stuff in the game, but I don't think I would have wanted to... have "relations" with Emi so early on. It really confuses me how normal that is/isn't in real life, and it has long before this.
It all varies according to a lot of things, including individual tastes. In Emi's instance, I would imagine there's quite a bit of let's-avoid-emotional-intimacy-by-drowning-it-in-some-sex going on there (along with a few other things to drown it in). Wouldn't be the first case of it in the world, that's for sure.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

SpunkySix wrote:Yeah. Honestly, the only thing that concerns me as somebody looking at this and wondering what relationships are like is the H content. I would have done most of the stuff in the game, but I don't think I would have wanted to... have "relations" with Emi so early on. It really confuses me how normal that is/isn't in real life, and it has long before this.
Absolutely nothing about Emi's route struck me as abnormal. I have had pretty much everything that happened twixt her and Hisao happen to me at some point in some form or other. The result for me was that, though Emi wasn't my first choice, I still really enjoyed her route because it brought back memories and the feeling of all the awkward moments and adventures love takes you on. It felt far more believable and down to earth than Shizune's route.

Things going physical very early is normal, possibly even on the first date, meeting or before you know each other's names.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

metalangel wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:Yeah. Honestly, the only thing that concerns me as somebody looking at this and wondering what relationships are like is the H content. I would have done most of the stuff in the game, but I don't think I would have wanted to... have "relations" with Emi so early on. It really confuses me how normal that is/isn't in real life, and it has long before this.
Absolutely nothing about Emi's route struck me as abnormal. I have had pretty much everything that happened twixt her and Hisao happen to me at some point in some form or other. The result for me was that, though Emi wasn't my first choice, I still really enjoyed her route because it brought back memories and the feeling of all the awkward moments and adventures love takes you on. It felt far more believable and down to earth than Shizune's route.

Things going physical very early is normal, possibly even on the first date, meeting or before you know each other's names.
Really, at 18//19? Even later, that would feel weird for me. Don't you want to know a person better than that before you do it? Or do girls expect that sort of thing? I thought that's exactly what they don't want most of the time. Besides, it's implied they weren't even protected the first time, what if Emi got pregnant? Ugh...

This is the stuff that keeps me up at night thinking. Right here. I really don't get it.
Atario

Post by Atario »

SpunkySix wrote:
metalangel wrote:Things going physical very early is normal, possibly even on the first date, meeting or before you know each other's names.
Really, at 18//19?
Especially at that age. Young, dumb, and full of come hormones. They're a hell of a drug!
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:This is the stuff that keeps me up at night thinking. Right here. I really don't get it.
If "What if this animated video game character got pregnant?" keeps you up at night... :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
ksfan1989

Post by ksfan1989 »

Atario wrote:Especially at that age. Young, dumb, and full of come hormones. They're a hell of a drug!
Pretty much. My experience with having been a teenager leads me to believe that teenagers want to fuck pretty much all the time. I wasn't wasting any time at that age, anyway.

Girls can be just as horny as guys. In fact, those ones are usually the most fun.

Unprotected sex is not a fantastic idea, but through the magic of plot Emi and Hisao were protected anyway.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Has anybody played this during a time they actually had a girlfriend? If so, then what the heck is that like? I can't imagine having all these feels and then seeing somebody you're supposed to have more feels for almost every day at the same time.
It's just the same as reading any other novel or watching a movie that touches you emotionally - but if you've never been in a RL relationship before that description probably won't help you much...
Completely agree: I think Emi's route is the most realistic of all five of them.
Don't you want to know a person better than that before you do it?
Speaking for myself, of course I would, but that's not really what's happening in Emi's route, is it?
Or do girls expect that sort of thing? I thought that's exactly what they don't want most of the time. Besides, it's implied they weren't even protected the first time, what if Emi got pregnant?
I think you need to drop the misconceptions that all "girls" expect the same thing from a relationship. There are certainly some who don't care much for knowing their prospective partners too well beforehand. I wouldn't rely on it, though^^°
Forgetting protection in the heat of the moment is something that happens to the inexperienced...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.