Why is your favorite girl your favorite?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Why are you in love with her?

Looks
13%
Personality
19%
Social skills
8%
Attitudes/interests
14%
Sex scenes
4%
Back-story
7%
Future potential
8%
Similarity to myself
11%
Dissimilarity from myself
4%
Similarity to a real-life person I love(d)
5%
Dissimilarity from a real-life person I hate(d)
1%
First I was familiar with ("First girl wins")
4%
Last I was familiar with ("Last girl wins")
0%
Other (explain in comments)
1%

Total votes: 271

Potato

Re: Why is your favorite girl your favorite?

Post by Potato »

monkeywitha6pack wrote:My favorite has been tied between shizune and hanako since I finished the game
...Why? Details! :P
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
monkeywitha6pack

Post by monkeywitha6pack »

Well I'm basically the male hanako minis the super extreme depression and scars , and shizune is exactly my type. Then emi is the one I find the most attractive
Wahahaha~.
Potato

Post by Potato »

monkeywitha6pack wrote:Well I'm basically the male hanako minis the super extreme depression and scars
...So you're just...Kind of a shy dude then? :lol: That's all that's left without the depression and scars.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
monkeywitha6pack

Post by monkeywitha6pack »

I guess when you say it like that XD lol, but i relate a lot, same experience with school even though i have no disability or scars
Wahahaha~.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Potato wrote:
monkeywitha6pack wrote:Well I'm basically the male hanako minis the super extreme depression and scars
...So you're just...Kind of a shy dude then? :lol: That's all that's left without the depression and scars.
That's really short-changing Hanako…
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Potato

Post by Potato »

Atario wrote:
Potato wrote:
That's really short-changing Hanako…
Any conception of anybody is short-changing them on account of humans are complex little gremlins. :lol: It's not meant as a 100% literal assessment.
JordyBoothy

Post by JordyBoothy »

My favourite is Lilly; she's the kind of person the world needs more of. Collected, kind, brim with self respect, appreciates smaller things, thoughtful... Side notes include her looks, motherly tendencies, playfulness and lack of sexual anxiety. Her story in KS was the most soppy, and I do like soppy.
Last edited by JordyBoothy on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atario

Post by Atario »

JordyBoothy wrote:I couldn't just tick one box, a lot of factors play into why I like someone.
Yeah…that's why you can tick as many as you like…?

JordyBoothy

Post by JordyBoothy »

Atario wrote:
JordyBoothy wrote:I couldn't just tick one box, a lot of factors play into why I like someone.
Yeah…that's why you can tick as many as you like…?
Oh, boo. I just noticed that, edited my comment, and when I refreshed your comment appeared!
Atario

Post by Atario »

JordyBoothy wrote:Oh, boo. I just noticed that, edited my comment, and when I refreshed your comment appeared!
D'oh! >.<

AussieInquisitor

Post by AussieInquisitor »

JordyBoothy wrote:My favourite is Lilly; she's the kind of person the world needs more of. Collected, kind, brim with self respect, appreciates smaller things, thoughtful... Side notes include her looks, motherly tendencies, playfulness and lack of sexual anxiety. Her story in KS was the most soppy, and I do like soppy.
Had a few paragraphs in the pipeline on this, but you took the words right out of my mouth a lot more effectively, Jordy. Cheers!
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
Kyler Thatch

Post by Kyler Thatch »

I just noticed the poll asks "Why are you in love with her?"

I find that a bit problematic, when taken in conjunction with the thread title. Do I have to necessarily be in love with a character for them to be my favorite?
TheVUP

Post by TheVUP »

Kyler Thatch wrote:I just noticed the poll asks "Why are you in love with her?"

I find that a bit problematic, when taken in conjunction with the thread title. Do I have to necessarily be in love with a character for them to be my favorite?
EXACTLY!

When you hate someone, you need hundreds reasons ["hundreds" is only a figure of speech, not literally].
But when you love someone, you don't need a single reason.

But since there is a poll, I chose the first eight.
Til I finally died, which started the whole world living
Atario

Post by Atario »

Kyler Thatch wrote:I find that a bit problematic, when taken in conjunction with the thread title. Do I have to necessarily be in love with a character for them to be my favorite?
Repeat to yourself: "It's just a show poll, I should really just relax"!

Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Hoooo~ where do I begin?

Emi
My favourite of the five main cripples - She's just always so happy and bubbly, it's hard not to like her!
Her reason for running is inspirational (and I've since taken up getting up at 5:30am to jog) and her backstory is a poignant tale of losing your greatest role model. Nothing like a bit of tragedy to fire up the Feel Generators. I can kinda relate to the concept of her hiding her true emotions for a happier visage, too, although she does it to force herself onwards whereas I do it because I live in constant fear of people thinking I'm an attention seeker.
Her sex scene you know the one actually made me chuckle, as opposed to the disinterest the rest had me in, so that's something.
...and of course, she had my VN Cherry
Did not see her plot twist coming, and it really blindsided me. I'd never feeled that feel about cartoon girls before. It was a harrowing experience.

Natsume & Naomi
From the list of Non-Main cripples, NxN has to be my favourite. I know they're two girls and I mentally put them as secret lesbians but just look at them.
They're so fucking adorable together,
[shimmie]3097[/shimmie]
Look.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon