Why is your favorite girl your favorite?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Why are you in love with her?

Looks
13%
Personality
19%
Social skills
8%
Attitudes/interests
14%
Sex scenes
4%
Back-story
7%
Future potential
8%
Similarity to myself
11%
Dissimilarity from myself
4%
Similarity to a real-life person I love(d)
5%
Dissimilarity from a real-life person I hate(d)
1%
First I was familiar with ("First girl wins")
4%
Last I was familiar with ("Last girl wins")
0%
Other (explain in comments)
1%

Total votes: 271

Umber

Re: Why is your favorite girl your favorite?

Post by Umber »

Shizune. Risk-taker, hard-working, stubborn, competitive. I'm not sure why I see those as the more attractive parts of her personality, but there they are.

Rin still has a special place in my heart though, spent a lot of my early foruming here trying to interpret her more than I tried to understand her.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Lost In The Fire

Post by Lost In The Fire »

My girlfriend was pretty shy back in high school. How we interacted with each other back then reminded me a lot of some of the interaction Hanako and Hisao have in her route, and thus she ended up being my favorite.

Mmmm'yep.
Some one-shots.
He Didn't Listen - Hanako Bad End
Observations - OC POV
Mmmmm'yep.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

pandaphil wrote:I'm the same way about Rin. I'm the romantic type, and there isn't much thats warm and cuddly about Rin. She'd make a great friend to hang out with and talk to. But a lousy love partner.
I've realized as of late that all my relationships have ended terribly. I guess I'm a lousy love partner too...

Meh. I've always embraced solitude.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Potato wrote:Emi too. :x
Emi's a tricky one. She's fun, she's cute, she's aggressive in coming on to you; she seems like a dream — till you get to the true relationship level, where you hit a wall.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Atario wrote:
Potato wrote:Emi too. :x
Emi's a tricky one. She's fun, she's cute, she's aggressive in coming on to you; she seems like a dream — till you get to the true relationship level, where you hit a wall.
But not an insurmountable one. It just takes a lot of determination, and a bit of luck.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Emi, because I'm a lolicon duh... JUST KIDDING !... so cute squeeeee ! No I like Emi because her personality that really gets me. She the kinda person who is always happy (even if she was just faking it sometimes) I have a lot of respect for those people. I'm happier then most of my friends are, it's kinda weird being the only person in my group of friends that is generally happy most of the time. It feels weird. Back on topic. Emi's just straight up bubbly happy personality resonates with me. Her route is one of the funnier routes in the game, it has a lot of highs so when things get serious it hits hard because you know things used to be good and can be good again. Also her route is the only route in which Hisao try's to get healthy so that's a bonus.
Kyler Thatch

Post by Kyler Thatch »

Misha, mostly for how she can manage to bury the amount of sadness she carries in a way that you can't detect unless you're very close with her. It's a familiar feeling.

Also because she's... adorably squishy?
Potato

Post by Potato »

Kyler Thatch wrote:Also because she's... adorably squishy?
Ehehehehe. She is. <3

But I don't see the first bit as an attractive quality. That's incredibly unhealthy...As we see in the game.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Potato wrote:But I don't see the first bit as an attractive quality. That's incredibly unhealthy...As we see in the game.
I think he meant that in a "similarity to myself" kind of way…
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Kyler Thatch

Post by Kyler Thatch »

Potato wrote:But I don't see the first bit as an attractive quality. That's incredibly unhealthy...As we see in the game.
I never claimed that it was a good thing to be. I just mean its something I can personally relate to, and it's interesting to be able to look at that from an outside perspective.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Kyler Thatch wrote:
I never claimed that it was a good thing to be. I just mean its something I can personally relate to, and it's interesting to be able to look at that from an outside perspective.
Well, generally when discussing favorites, people mention what they deem to be good things. :lol: So I may have gotten confused...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Denabu

Post by Denabu »

I'd have to pick Lilly. I can't exactly explain what it is that makes me like her the most, but her route is the only one that made me cry, and multiple times at that.
~Once you pop, the feels don't stop~

emmjay

Post by emmjay »

pandaphil wrote:If she only wore glasses she'd be perfect. :)
A man after my own heart. There's a reason Yuuko is my favorite no-route girl. Well, several reasons actually. Wears glasses, redhead, librarian, history buff, and that waitress uniform is adorable.
As for girls who actually have a route, Hanako. Why? Because bacon is delicious. Because she enjoys reading and games, both passions of mine. Because like myself, she's introverted, uncomfortable with social situations except with people she knows well, and likes to hide from the world behind the covers of a good book. Because she has long dark hair and one of the loveliest smiles I've ever seen.
So, Interests, Similarity to myself, and Looks.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
AkioVuadan

Post by AkioVuadan »

Lilly because she was the first and Hanako because of our similarity.
monkeywitha6pack

Post by monkeywitha6pack »

My favorite has been tied between shizune and hanako since I finished the game
Wahahaha~.