I hate him from the bottom of my heart for being so mean to poor Rin
27%
Other
7%

Total votes: 44

KeiichiO

Re: What do you think of Nomiya?

Post by KeiichiO »

I was pushed out a window in Freshman year .___.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Steinherz wrote:Most bullies will not back down if you stand up to them. In my experience with my own bullies they only back down only when you show yourself as one target not to be fucked with and pushed too far.
I was under the impression that's what's meant by "standing up to them".
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Atario wrote:
Steinherz wrote:Most bullies will not back down if you stand up to them. In my experience with my own bullies they only back down only when you show yourself as one target not to be fucked with and pushed too far.
I was under the impression that's what's meant by "standing up to them".
When most people say "stand up" they mean "don't back down".
What people should mean by it is "kick the ever-loving shit out of that little asshole for thinking they can do that bullshit to you".

Those are two completely different things :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Lianam

Post by Lianam »

KeiichiO wrote:I was pushed out a window in Freshman year .___.
Wait, what?

Back on topic though:
The way I see it, Nomiya is... well not overall a bad person, just a very annoying, pretentious person. But his main problem is that he seems unable to grasp that Rin is a human-being with actual emotions, and not a robot that paints very well. He just comes off as putting Rin's talent first without even considering Rin's emotional or mental state; he does what best for Rin as an artist, not a person. He's so singleminded and obsessed on the Exhibition that he denies that Rin needs help (or at least a break for that matter) whenever Hisao brings up that she's not eating or sleeping much. There preparing someone for a career, and there's pressuring someone to the point of them becoming an emotional wreck.
Ce ne sont pas une signature.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

He's so singleminded and obsessed on the Exhibition that he denies that Rin needs help (or at least a break for that matter) whenever Hisao brings up that she's not eating or sleeping much. There preparing someone for a career, and there's pressuring someone to the point of them becoming an emotional wreck.
That strike me as more Rin's fault than his. She's the one pushing herself to the breaking point, not him.
Not Dead Yet
Lianam

Post by Lianam »

Oddball wrote:
He's so singleminded and obsessed on the Exhibition that he denies that Rin needs help (or at least a break for that matter) whenever Hisao brings up that she's not eating or sleeping much. There preparing someone for a career, and there's pressuring someone to the point of them becoming an emotional wreck.
That strike me as more Rin's fault than his. She's the one pushing herself to the breaking point, not him.
I think I worded that wrong. Basically what I was trying to say is that, yes, it was Rin that was the one pushing herself too far, but Nomiya is at fault for being so focussed on RIn's art and not Rin to not notice the blatantly obvious fact that Rin was pushing herself too far.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

It is so "blatantly obvious" that even Hisao notices it only when it is almost too late, and he spends a lot more time with her than Nomiya.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Oddball wrote:
And who is applying all this pressure that drives her to break herself? Hipster Santa. I.E. Nomiya. :P
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Well, him and Hisao both, actually...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Well, him and Hisao both, actually...
But then the question is if Nomiya hadn't influenced him to do so, would Hisao be pushing Rin the way he does?

I get the feeling that he'd have been content enough to let her became a jellyfish masseuse or whatever. Who goes around daily obsessing about all their pals' future professions anyway? :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Who goes around daily obsessing about all their pals' future professions anyway?
You're right, that's not Hisao's job. But it is Nomiya's job. He and his colleagues are the ones who will get glares if Rin graduates from Yamaku and still has no clue what to do with her life.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
russianspy1234

Post by russianspy1234 »

Oddball wrote:
russianspy1234 wrote:Where's "I hate him because he is a pervert and clearly has a thing for Rin" option?
Why do you think he's a pervert?
It's been a while, so I don't remember the exact interaction, but you have a very similar interaction with him in both Rin's and Emi's routes. The difference in his excitement level (Hisao comes along in one but not the other) is what gave me that impression.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

He's passionate about his subject, just like Mutou. The only difference is that Mutou keeps his tongue inside his mouth while ranting about the stuff he teaches.

The devs themselves said that while Nomiya definitely has flaws, he's not a molester or anything like it.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Lianam

Post by Lianam »

Mirage_GSM wrote:It is so "blatantly obvious" that even Hisao notices it only when it is almost too late, and he spends a lot more time with her than Nomiya.
Yes, but Hisao is thick. :lol:
In all seriousness though, please tell me that I wasn't the only one who picked up that the Exhibition was affecting Rin negatively early on...
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Well, the fact that it caused Rin plenty of stress was obvious, but at what point did it cross the line between "stressful, hectic and draining her of energy" to "pushing her off the rails"? Because "stressful, hectic and draining of energy" are also ways to describe the entrance exams to Japan's most prestigious universities and thousands of students go through that thing every year. In many ways Rin's exhibition could be considered an early entrance exam.

It was supposed to be hard and stressful...otherwise, everyone could do it. I personally wasn't immediately like: "She's not having fun, so instead of encouraging her to hang in there, I'll root for Hisao to talk her out of it." I might have missed it. The tricky thing was that Rin herself didn't even know if she did or didn't want to pursue art as a career and if not, what she did want to do.