Playing through KS together

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

PiroMonster

Re: Playing through KS together

Post by PiroMonster »

Actually I do, my Steam name is xrogus26. That name is about as old as my "Piro Monster" name, but that's a story for another time.

I am personally from Sweden, although my English is very good, so the timezones work pretty well, but I'm up pretty much all the time anyway.

I started learning English about 9 years ago from video games and tv-shows. During these years I've watched youtube, talked with people online, read lots of stuff in English and practiced my English this way. Usually people are a little surprised when I say I'm Swedish.

As for the female voice... I have a lighter tone to my voice compared to most guys, although not by much. I usually play female characters whenever I roleplay in DND or the like and the female voice has always come fairly natural to me, so I can do it really well and get complimented on it fairly often. I can see why most people would have trouble doing girly voices, especially someone like Misha, but it's pretty simple for me.

Thanks for the wishes, I truly hope it won't stop here since it's a blast doing this with others.

Cheers.
/Robin "Piro Monster" Gustafsson
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Wouldn't it be better to read through it alone though (albeit slowly)? Reading with someone while doing voice actings can get distracting and you might miss the finer details of second playthroughs.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
PiroMonster

Post by PiroMonster »

Megumeru wrote:Wouldn't it be better to read through it alone though (albeit slowly)? Reading with someone while doing voice actings can get distracting and you might miss the finer details of second playthroughs.
That would be a good idea if getting the details is what I'm after, but it isn't. I want to share the experience, roleplay the characters and have fun with the plot of the game with someone, not by myself.

I can see why lots of people would rather play through it themselves, that's what I did my first time through, but it's surprisingly fun reading together with someone. Having fun with others is sort of what I was after when I made this post, after all.

Also, you'd be surprised over the amount of details you're able to get from the game by reading it out loud since you need to truly pay attention to the writing to not misread the text.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

A few people did a KS voiceacting readthrough a while ago on twitch (With random ks discussions) if that's the kind of thing you wanted to do.
Considering im in contact with 3/4 of them and they now work in my studio we could probably organize another one if people are interested.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
PiroMonster

Post by PiroMonster »

CoffeeDrive wrote:A few people did a KS voiceacting readthrough a while ago on twitch (With random ks discussions) if that's the kind of thing you wanted to do.
Considering im in contact with 3/4 of them and they now work in my studio we could probably organize another one if people are interested.
That seems like it could be fun to do! I certainly won't say no if you're offering. If you could get them together and do a fun stream together and do some voice acting then I'd really love to do that.

I do want to clarify that even if this happens I'd still love to play together with the people who are interested.
FBOF

Post by FBOF »

That's great! That means we're in the same time-zone! Should make it a lot easier to manage a get-together. I've added you on steam under the nickname "Uncle Phil".

I'm also intrested in hearing about this twitch group. Should be fun trying a new things and how others perceive the game played.

EDIT: Seems the name "xrogus26" doesn't offer any results. Perhaps you can find me via my name? I'm the Belgian one.
PiroMonster

Post by PiroMonster »

FBOF wrote:That's great! That means we're in the same time-zone! Should make it a lot easier to manage a get-together. I've added you on steam under the nickname "Uncle Phil".

I'm also intrested in hearing about this twitch group. Should be fun trying a new things and how others perceive the game played.

EDIT: Seems the name "xrogus26" doesn't offer any results. Perhaps you can find me via my name? I'm the Belgian one.
I added you on Steam, the system that is in place now is different from how I remembered it is why you couldn't find me.