Playing through KS together

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

PiroMonster

Playing through KS together

Post by PiroMonster »

Just like the title says, I'd like to play through KS again after having completed it some time ago. I remember when I first got this game thinking it was "just another dating sim", but it happened to strike me unexpectedly deep and I am so happy I found this game. I've played through every route there is and now I would love to play through the game again, although this time I'd like to play with someone. By that I mean reading the text out loud and role playing the characters. I am looking for someone who wants to take this seriously and respectfully at the same time as having a bit of fun and a couple of laughs. If you think you are that person, then feel free to add me on Skype. We'll talk and see if we'd work well together for something like this. My Skype name is Piro Monster. Thank you for your time, and happy holidays!
pandaphil

Re: Playing through KS together

Post by pandaphil »

Thats cool. I hope you find someone.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

I hope you find someone as well. I did something similar with a friend of mine, and posted about it here a while back. Since then, we've gone on to read a couple more VNs as well (I'm currently in the middle of reading Kira Kira to her). It really gives you a different perspective.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
PiroMonster

Post by PiroMonster »

Thank you so much for the wishes of luck, I'm probably gonna need it because nobody has contacted me yet.
Happy for you that you got someone like that, dewelar. I hope I'll be able to find someone like that too.
Mute

Post by Mute »

PiroMonster wrote:Just like the title says, I'd like to play through KS again after having completed it some time ago. I remember when I first got this game thinking it was "just another dating sim", but it happened to strike me unexpectedly deep and I am so happy I found this game. I've played through every route there is and now I would love to play through the game again, although this time I'd like to play with someone. By that I mean reading the text out loud and role playing the characters. I am looking for someone who wants to take this seriously and respectfully at the same time as having a bit of fun and a couple of laughs. If you think you are that person, then feel free to add me on Skype. We'll talk and see if we'd work well together for something like this. My Skype name is Piro Monster. Thank you for your time, and happy holidays!
I would like to, but my username is based off the reason I can't - quiet voice and no headset. Even if I had one, everyone in the house would wonder why I'm talking to my monitor. Sorry.
You just lost the game.
PiroMonster

Post by PiroMonster »

Don't worry, Mute. The reason I want to do this is to get a different perspective on the game than I had the first time and to get to share the experience of the game with someone. If you want to I could simply read it out to you and play the characters myself and you could in turn type out whatever you might be thinking.
Numb

Post by Numb »

Mute could voice Shizune :lol:

Anyway, if not for my stupidly cramped schedule for the upcoming week, I'd be interested in joining. Unfortunately, due to the ever closer Christmas holiday, I have an obligation on a certain part of this forum that I need to finish, along with a shorter project for my family that will be written with their guidance and drunken input and catching up with my personal studies of the Japanese language. Maybe once the holiday passes, when did you plan to do this? I *might* be able to make it for a reading if I finish my workload on time :D

I should probably note that I'm mainly interested in a group aspect, assigning roles and turning it into an impromptu play. This will likely be harder to arrange, but it'd undoubtedly be hilarious fun

I might even live stream it
Currently working on: Notes for a new project (Coming Soon™)
I did KS and other songs on note blocks in Minecraft: Playlist here
Old works| Rooftops - An Emi Story| Christmas with the Hakamichis | Not Like Him - Rin Perspective|Blossom - A Miki pseudo-route
PiroMonster

Post by PiroMonster »

I believe everyone will be busy over the holidays and I am no exception. I am planning on starting after new year, or if I find myself having time maybe even before that. It's not out of the question for me to play through this game with multiple groups as it'd give me a wide variety of opinions and experiences with the game. I already have a group of 3, a guy and his friend were interested, but I'm totally up for making multiple groups of people. I am definitely up for having a larger group of people with you, Numb, but like you said it'd be harder to make. So I'm still hoping for many more to be interested in this, not many have contacted me yet. So anyone who wants to do one-on-one, anyone that wants to do a small group or anyone that already has a couple of friends but never got themselves to do it... Well, I'm all up for that. This will probably be my last entry until the 28th as I'll be away over the holiday, but I'll be checking out whatever you guys might say whenever I got time! Merry Christmas and happy new year!
PiroMonster

Post by PiroMonster »

Ahhhh, finally back home! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas with their loved ones, I know I did. I was hoping to get back to a few more posts in here, but sadly there aren't and my search here for people to play with has only turned out to be the one so far. Hopefully, now that Christmas is over, more people will be interested in tagging along as they'll probably have a bit more time on their hands. :)
PiroMonster

Post by PiroMonster »

Looks like there wasn't many interested in this after all. I'm still interested in doing this, so I'll keep these posts up so anyone that wants a partner can just message me on Skype. Thanks for all your support!
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

dewelar wrote:I hope you find someone as well. I did something similar with a friend of mine, and posted about it here a while back. Since then, we've gone on to read a couple more VNs as well (I'm currently in the middle of reading Kira Kira to her). It really gives you a different perspective.
Oh gosh, Kira Kira. That's a crazy one.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
PiroMonster

Post by PiroMonster »

This is an update to see if I can get more interest and to post what happened for me with this small attempt at getting someone to play KS with.

The first guy showed up with another friend and we had a great old time, I definitely won't forget it any time soon. But after we had our first session he must have gotten busy with life as I haven't heard anything new from him since. Nobody else has contacted me through this post, sadly. Maybe now that it's not so close onto Christmas and all that I can gain some more interest.

I've gained a few new friends though through video games and gotten to get one person I play with every once in a while. We have a lot of fun playing it, making plays on words in the text, roleplaying the characters, doing funny voices and simply enjoying the amazing story and content in Katawa Shoujo.

I hope to be able to share that type of experience with more people and that is why I am making this post. If you have any questions, either post them here or contact me over on Skype. If you have friends who also want to play the game with us, then the more the merrier is all I got to say about that.

Thank you for your time and support everyone.
/Robin "Piro Monster" Gustafsson
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I support this strongly because it's a cool idea, but, (and I'm sorry because I know you've had plenty of buts here) I'm not emotionally ready for KS round 2 right now.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
PiroMonster

Post by PiroMonster »

God, it's been a while hasn't it KSF?

I've been plenty busy with real life stuff and been working out my own problems for the last half a year, still am. During this time I've had plenty of ups and downs, but I still have fun playing KS with people. It's truly an amazing experience when you get really good voices for the characters, personally I've worked out a voice for Kenji and the whole female cast, except for Shizune.

I am, once again, posting here in hopes to spike up interest again. It's still such an amazing game to play through and I simply love sharing that experience with others. If you happen to be interested in playing or discussing about the game or even play some other visual novel then you have my contact information above.

Hopefully I spike a bit more interest than last time, I actually didn't get to play with anyone from here last I posted.

Thank you so much for the support I got! It seemed like most thought it was a good idea even if nobody actually showed up.

Have a good day.
/Robin "Piro Monster" Gustafsson
FBOF

Post by FBOF »

Now this is something I'd love to try! I do see a few hurdles though from my end:

First off, I rarely use Skype hence often forget the program even exist. I was also able to land a job last monday so any moments to meet up during the week will be rare to nonexistant, especially when you factor in a possible time zone difference (am from Belgium, hence that's currently GMT-2 iirc). Therefore, my online moments can become quite sparse. ^^" Weekends should offer more opportunities though!

Secondly, my headset isn't the greatest at this time (ought to buy a new one but must research a bit first for good ones) and I have a fairly baritone/bass voice when speaking English (quite crippling when trying anything of the opposing gender ^^"). I do wonder how you overcome that difficulty so my intrest is certainly not lessened by this issue.

In conclusion: Do you have any other programs you regulary use? Steam's the one I use the most frequent so whenever we've got the time to play I'm usually online there after which we can easily hop on over to Skype or another service.

Best of luck and hopefully you'll find plenty of enthusiasts this time around!