If Lilly Had Been a Boy

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Draganada

If Lilly Had Been a Boy

Post by Draganada »

Just came into my head originally as an idea for a fic, but I'm not particularly compelled to work on a KS one ATM. As such, I figured I'd settle for just opening a discussion here. (Apologies if this is already a thread somewhere.)

Without even worrying about the kind of relationship the two would have, I ran into a brick wall when I realised that perhaps the only reason Lilly had gotten close to Hanako was because they were next door to each other in the dormitories. I suppose a writer would have to come up with some random encounters and really push it to make it work. :/ Can anyone offer some potential scenario for an introduction between the pair?
Rika > Lilly > Hanako > Akira > Shizune/Misha > Emi/Rin

"And they seem to jam "z"s in everywhere so that they can get more Scrabble points."
bhtooefr

Re: If Lilly Had Been a Boy

Post by bhtooefr »

FluffandCrunch started exploring that:
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
LorSquirrel

Post by LorSquirrel »

I've actually thought about this before, mostly because I was contemplating writing an Alternate Universe fic at the time, and I honestly couldn't think of many ways it would work. I came up with a few, but I feel they would take no small amount of effort to work, and a good writer to make them work believably.

The one that seemed to work the "best" was to have them meet in the library, and just to keep having them bump into each other there, but I"m not entirely sure that would work because I'm not even sure if Hanako frequented the library before she meet Lilly, and I doubt that she would really be willing to talk to Male Lilly because when she meets Hisao in act one she's barely willing to say more than a couple words, so I would imagine that not having anyone who would sort of push her to open up to Male Lilly (Name suggestions for Male Lilly would probably be Bradford, William, or Reave. Just putting that out there. And yes, Reave is a real name.)

I don't know if any of that is what you were looking for. It's just how I've thought of the situation.
Draganada

Post by Draganada »

Actually, that gave me an idea. Say, they both frequent the library; and Hanako gets used to (ignoring) his presence. We could force some interaction via an accident: ie. Male Lilly trips and has trouble getting up. Supposing he doesn't have to be a perfect mirror, he could be rather clumsy; perhaps not even blind from birth? That's getting a bit ahead of ourselves, though.

"And they seem to jam "z"s in everywhere so that they can get more Scrabble points."
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Can you imagine a guy looking like this named Bradford, William, or Reave? :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Draganada

Post by Draganada »

bhtooefr wrote:FluffandCrunch started exploring that:
Wow, thanks for linking this! ^^

Draganada

Post by Draganada »

Steinherz wrote:Can you imagine a guy looking like this named Bradford, William, or Reave? :lol:
That's just too perfect, seriously.

Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Draganada wrote:
Steinherz wrote:Can you imagine a guy looking like this named Bradford, William, or Reave? :lol:
http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/image/2330.jpg
That's just too perfect, seriously.
Silentcook is going to have a conniption with quoting of images that were just posted :lol:
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
LorSquirrel

Post by LorSquirrel »

Draganada wrote:Actually, that gave me an idea. Say, they both frequent the library; and Hanako gets used to (ignoring) his presence. We could force some interaction via an accident: ie. Male Lilly trips and has trouble getting up. Supposing he doesn't have to be a perfect mirror, he could be rather clumsy; perhaps not even blind from birth? That's getting a bit ahead of ourselves, though.
It could work depending on if its just them in a area of the library at the time. Not sure how it would lead to anything more then a few murmurs from Hanako, but if we had it happen multiple time, or just have them constantly bump into each other on a bi-daily basis it could work.

I have to say. I rather like the thought of having him be clumsy, but then we might get dragged into the whole, "Can we really call it another version of this person if they don't have the same personalities?" argument that I hate because it makes no sense.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Mind you, Lilly being a boy would likely cause some significant changes in upbringing, and therefore personality.
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
LorSquirrel

Post by LorSquirrel »

bhtooefr wrote:Mind you, Lilly being a boy would likely cause some significant changes in upbringing, and therefore personality.
Yeah, I know. That's why I hate the argument.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

LorSquirrel wrote:
bhtooefr wrote:Mind you, Lilly being a boy would likely cause some significant changes in upbringing, and therefore personality.
Yeah, I know. That's why I hate the argument.
If going by the way Lilly's family is depicted in the actual VN, a male Lilly would likely be more coddled, and very likely hate it. Simply because Japanese culture puts a lot of emphasis on the first-born male child, but him being blind since birth would be a bit of some shame for them. So having him sent off somewhere where his disability wouldn't bring shame upon their family is a good thing.

Ergo I think if Lilly were a guy he'd likely be much more cynical and abrasive. Definitely a Deadpan Snarker.
I also draw, kind of.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

So, basically, Akira turned up to 11?
LorSquirrel

Post by LorSquirrel »

Or Kyo from Haruhi Suzumiya turned down to twelve.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

LorSquirrel wrote:(Name suggestions for Male Lilly would probably be Bradford, William, or Reave. Just putting that out there. And yes, Reave is a real name.)
No, no. A male Lilly would be half-Russian and named Yuri. :P
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing