Favourite Route

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Censored

Re: All in all, what was your favorite route?

Post by Censored »

For me it would definitely Rin's route, I suspected a darker tone in that route because of Rin's "unique" personality.
For me it has the most heartwarming end, her last words let the waterworks flow.
After that would be Lilly's route, she has the most positive ending.
Ade

Post by Ade »

It would be Lilly's route. Not only it shows all of them matured in their own way (Hanako is even better than in her own fucking route), it also exploits Hisao's arrhythmia the best. While it has a cliche ending, I think we all can say that all of the endings are cliche. Furthermore, she can cook and a great mother material. :D

Lilly FTW!!!
Rukaroa

Post by Rukaroa »

Lilly's, mainly for intimacy. The whole route overall was very satisfying the way it was presented. Hanako is definitely a contender and would probably edge out Lilly's route if the story went on for a little bit longer to include the other half of Lilly's route.
Lilly>=Hanako>Rin>Shizune/Misha>Emi
Palas

Post by Palas »

Emi's.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
jaycee

Post by jaycee »

in the end I chose Lilly...it seems to be the most mature route :P
Teizan

Post by Teizan »

Lilly was my favorite, but really it was the only route that messed with my emotions.

Post by Guest »

Hmmm. This is a difficult question for me, because my favorite character is not the same as who is (imo) the best character, and neither is the subject of what I think is the best route. Let me explain:

My favorite character is Hanako, hands down. I enjoy her woobieness immensely, and the lesson that being too goddamn patronizing toward someone with a disability is a bad thing is very well taken. However . . .

It seems obvious to me that Emi is the most complex and well-developed character; between her age, approach toward sexuality (very unusual in a high-schooler), subversion of stereotypes (she appears to be a lolita but is older than everyone else, she has a tragic past combined with an upbeat attitude, etc), and background I think she's easily the most interesting character in the game. That said . . .

Emi's route is boring. By contrast, Rin's route offers a ton of choices and a number of different outcomes. I can't get into Rin as a character (I think it's realistic that sometimes people just can't connect, and her likely status as an Aspie is compelling, but it makes for a character who's difficult to approach), but her route is easily the best in terms of keeping the player's interest. Interestingly, Shizune's route is essentially a railroad (you only have one meaningful choice along the way once you reach Act 2), but the relationship dynamics therein are the most sophisticated of all the routes. So, it's a toss up as to whether the most or least complex of all the routes is the "best".

How sad is it that Lilly's the character I find most appealing and she doesn't even rate a mention here . . .
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

Rin. Goddamn, that was one hell of a story. One of the best stories you will find anywhere, and the ending makes me shed manly tears.
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

Hanako.

Learned many many things from that experience. Quite heart wrenching, and made me search deep inside.
Robnonymous

Post by Robnonymous »

Overall I'm undecided.

Emi's was my first, and I was totally caught off guard by the severity of her trauma. I wanted to see Hisao finally get through to her, and I was compelled to keep playing through the wee hours of the morning until I was certain that she'd finally let him in. Great stuff.

I was drawn to Hanako because I've always had a thing for shy girls. No, not like that. I just can't help but want to get them to open up more, to show the rest of the world what they've been hiding. I'm fairly certain it has something to do with how introverted I was when I was younger. I know how lonely it can be sometimes when you feel like no one's interested in who you are. I also know that they usually won't unless you open up and show them. Plus Hanako's insecurities remind me very much of a certain special someone in my life...

Lilly's wasn't quite the emotional rollercoaster that Emi's was and it wasn't a punch to the chest like Hanako's, but it still kept me on the edge of my seat. The relationship she had with Hisao was touching, and having it ripped away like that almost made me panic. And her good ending? With the music box and the "You let me cry!" business? I haven't wanted to cry happy tears like that in a long time.

Shizune's was a bit of a letdown for me what with the way it was all left so out in the open, even with the good ending. That being said, I still enjoyed the path leading up to the finale. I just wish there was a bit more of a relationship to their relationship.

Haven't gotten to Rin yet as I can't afford to spend another 8+hour stretch with KS right now. Plus I get the impression it might rend my heart in twain.

But if I were choosing the route based on the girl as opposed to the overall story itself, it would be Hanako. No question.
Bad Dreams (Hanako) - My first KS fanfic. it's actually a happy story
Reconciliation - (a Hanako bad-end story) - My second KS fanfic. Not all that happy.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Quick rundown of how I'd rate them?

Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Rin = Shizune

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
fcd15

Post by fcd15 »

I've only done Emi's and Lilly's so far, but I'm afraid I won't touch Rin's and Hanako's paths for some time to come. I just CANNOT abandon Lilly. She's perfect. If KS becomes an anime, she HAS to be the one Hisao ends up with. Kinda like in Clannad: most people acknowledged Tomoya should end up with Nagisa, even while there was only the VN out.

I can't stand the thought of Lilly being the 'intruder' like Hanako was on her route. I can't. I'll scream and beg for her to send Hanako to hell and just run away with Hisao.

I have a soft spot for Emi too, and it took a while for me to forget about her, but I wouldn't like see her being the standby girl to Rin.

I'll do the other routes later, but I'm sure Lilly won't ever hand over her throne.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Was tough deciding

Lilly (Rollercoaster of 'feels')
Rin (Neutral ending made me cry)
Hanako (Overall this one keep me on edge)
Emi (The way it progressed kept me going, was exciting)
Shizune (Mostly because the good ending was...anti-climatic. And I'm not the type to go into fanfic to continue the story. Although The bad ending made me feel so guilty, just seeing her sitting there with no one left that she can talk too... I was suffering watching that.)
"We can not see past the present if we refuse to turn away from the steps we have already made in our wake."
Tanoshii

Post by Tanoshii »

At the beginning, while going through the first act, I felt that I would want to pursue Emi or Lilly, as they struck the highest cord with me. After finishing them all, Emi/Lilly are my favorites, followed closely by Hanako. Shizune's was alright, but I really didn't like Rin's at all.
talhos

Post by talhos »

I still have to play trough Shizune's route but so far Hanako's route was my favorite. Tied in second are Lily's and Emi's routes I liked both and can't decide wich one I like best. Rin's route really depressed me.
Routes played: Emi (good end) - Hanako(good end) - Lily(good end) - Rin (first try bad end, second try good end) - Shizune (playing now)

Favorites so far: Hanako - Lily - Emi - Rin