Hype

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Lianam

Re: Hype

Post by Lianam »

Guest Poster wrote:Not that the two are related. Not at all. :P
Well correlation does not equal causation- not that I don't agree with you in that there're being connected; it's just when you take a stats class these little things become a bit of a pet peeve. :lol:
Ce ne sont pas une signature.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Maybe they were expecting a bird to drop off the baby. :lol:
"Doctor, we've been leaving the window open for the stork every night for a month!"

As for any "abstinence industry", that's just silly. If you tell people not to do something, they're only more likely to do it. Hell, Adam & Eve screwed over the whole species proving that. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Well, I don't know about any of you guys, but I'm still pretty hyped for KS. It looks like we still have some newer people coming around, and I never thought in 10 years I'd choose to like something like this over all the different animes I used to watch. Sure, Roger Smith and Vash are way cool, but the KS girls captured my heart. :mrgreen:
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

For me, the series that pumped me up the most for the longest are from Blizzard: Starcraft and Warcraft, more so for Warcraft.

10 years between the founding of Durotar and the siege of Orgrimmar. A good mix of cool and heart.

Now into my adult years, A Song of Ice and Fire. More cool and less heart here.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:For me, the series that pumped me up the most for the longest are from Blizzard: Starcraft and Warcraft, more so for Warcraft.

10 years between the founding of Durotar and the siege of Orgrimmar. A good mix of cool and heart.

Now into my adult years, A Song of Ice and Fire. More cool and less heart here.
A Song of Ice and Fire has a lot of heart if you're willing to dig for it. Series that's kept me excited over the longest time (excluding Final Fantasy, as my interest ebbs and flows there) is Assassins' Creed...Not much in the way of heart but the lore and historical stuff is great. Going on seven years and despite people whining about staleness, I'm still loving it.

Though I could also arguably put Legacy of Kain (another lore-heavy series, with the bonus of the greatest voicework and dialogue ever) in that spot...I was introduced to the series in 2001 and the last release was in 2003 (one last game was planned to give the saga a proper end, but got cancelled)...But anytime even a hint of news (often rumor) gets scraped up somewhere, I still manage to get completely hyped despite it basically being hopeless...Numerous new games began production only to fall through, a rumored reboot never surfaced...And thankfully a rumored film by Uwe Boll was entirely false gossip. Most recently, a free-to-play affair by some new studio (they insist it's NOT an MMO, but I wouldn't know what else to call it) has entered alpha testing...Not the continuation anybody wanted but many are keeping open minds. And presumably, if it does well, the powers-that-be will rethink continuing the story proper. So I'm pumped even ten years after the end. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Lianam

Post by Lianam »

Xanatos wrote:A Song of Ice and Fire has a lot of heart if you're willing to dig for it. Series that's kept me excited over the longest time (excluding Final Fantasy, as my interest ebbs and flows there) is Assassins' Creed...Not much in the way of heart but the lore and historical stuff is great. Going on seven years and despite people whining about staleness, I'm still loving it.
Living near Boston, I can tell you that AC3 was very historically inaccurate, to the point of ruining my immersion. :lol:

Speaking of good games, get Bastion. Do it. Right now. Best game I've ever played.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Lianam wrote:
Xanatos wrote:A Song of Ice and Fire has a lot of heart if you're willing to dig for it. Series that's kept me excited over the longest time (excluding Final Fantasy, as my interest ebbs and flows there) is Assassins' Creed...Not much in the way of heart but the lore and historical stuff is great. Going on seven years and despite people whining about staleness, I'm still loving it.
Living near Boston, I can tell you that AC3 was very historically inaccurate, to the point of ruining my immersion. :lol:

Speaking of good games, get Bastion. Do it. Right now. Best game I've ever played.
You lived in revolutionary-war-era Boston? Dayum...

Bastion is overrated. The narrator isn't though.
Lianam

Post by Lianam »

Xanatos wrote:Bastion is overrated.
...so this is what Sea feels like whenever you say something bad about Rin. :lol:
Kidding of course. Mostly.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Lianam wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Bastion is overrated.
...so this is what Sea feels like whenever you say something bad about Rin. :lol:
Kidding of course. Mostly.
I've never said a bad thing about Rin in my life. :P Emi, on the other hand, is as dense as a rock...

Speaking of hype: People who saw the KS2 April Fools blog post and didn't bother to consider the date. :lol:
forgetmenot

Post by forgetmenot »

Xanatos wrote:Speaking of hype: People who saw the KS2 April Fools blog post and didn't bother to consider the date. :lol:
Good God, man. Did you know that there are still posts on the KS subreddit asking if it's a real thing?

4LS master trole 2013 lel
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Some people just aren't very bright.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:Some people just aren't very bright.
I still remember a few new members whose first posts were about that...Poor things. :lol:
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Or as another fandom will put it, "Oh you sweet child of summer....
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."