Healthy habits you picked up after playing KS

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Denabu

Re: Healthy habits you picked up after playing KS

Post by Denabu »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Kyler Thatch wrote:Just about any verb phrase could probably be made to sound like a euphemism, I think.
"ooh baby I'm going to badger your tendons~"
Point proven it seems lol
~Once you pop, the feels don't stop~

Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Denabu wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:
Kyler Thatch wrote:Just about any verb phrase could probably be made to sound like a euphemism, I think.
"ooh baby I'm going to badger your tendons~"
Point proven it seems lol
But is it clever and sound good?
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Denabu

Post by Denabu »

Steinherz wrote: But is it clever and sound good?
According to me, it's impossible to not sound clever and/or good when you're properly using the word 'Badger' as a verb. Bonus points for it being used in a euphemism.

Potato

Post by Potato »

Munchenhausen wrote:I just assumed

assumed

assumed
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
pisceanreve

Post by pisceanreve »

OMG That picture!!!

Okay, well to answer that question, I view exercise more favorably. I played it during my last year of high school and we always had to run in gym class. I would always straggle behind and get exhausted, then after playing Emi's magical route, I suddenly was interested in running and beat everyone when we ran XD
Also, I developed a certain fondness for the childish things Hanako got for her birthday presents and end up loving, but were more on the antique side.
I remember feeling more hardworking after Shizune's route and I tried learning some sign language.
Even though Lily's was a very nice route, I wasn't particularly inspired?
Rin inspired me to give myself more artistic freedom and opened me up to different types of art.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

I wish to god that this actually happened
Last edited by Silentcook on Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't quote images that were just posted, people...
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Denabu

Post by Denabu »

I noticed another habit, or a new outlook rather, that I've picked up from both Katawa Shoujo and Grisaia no Kajitsu (the only VNs I've actually completed)

I've become a lot more understanding to people's issues and outbursts lately. It may sound weird but when someone just randomly gets angry or is really standoffish, I try to understand more than I use to. I use to just brush it off like they're just being a jerk, especially if it wasn't someone I knew very well. I don't really try to force myself into their lives but I try to at least be someone they can talk to (like Hisao tries to do for Emi / Hanako) or rely on if they ever need to, especially if they're acting very distant. You never know when you may see someone whose gone through exactly what these characters have in these VNs, or something equally as disturbing/life-changing.
And no its not just toward girls, guys go through this kind of shit too!

Tidus

Post by Tidus »

This is kinda a two month ish old bump, so I feel a bit bad for it. But, I'd feel like a dick to go the noob route of making a new thread.

First of all, I find it incredibly heart-warming to see people gaining good habits from this VN. While I understand some who may not partake in VNs, and may not be into the whole "anime thing" might find it a bit odd or silly, to me it just impresses me to no end. The effort of the writers, and all the staff to put together a piece of art that can invoke such feelings and inspiration is truly a monumental thing, that should not be under-appreciated. I believe the branch options and way you immerse yourself into the character, coupled with that, truly makes for a rewarding experience you cannot find outside of VNs.

Okay..enough emotional ranting. ;p

I guess I'm with the crowd of wanting to get in better shape "For her", but not just because of that- But because it makes me realize that there are so many people with such disabilities in life who go out there and do these things. Another thing is, I've enjoyed drawing and such from a young age, but have not drawn anything in probably a decade or so. My issue is, I am my worst enemy. In that, I am far too harsh a critic on myself, and frequently destroy my works, or abandon halfway through, despite others praising the work itself. I've never tried painting though, and I want to. I'm going to, in fact. And I hope to find it a very zen and relaxing experience that I can get lost in, and not get so bent out of shape like my other artistic outputs.

I guess you could also say I'm trying to work on myself a bit, because I see a great deal of myself in Rin. Online I come off as a perfectly normal person...but I'm quite awful at actually understanding how I'm feeling and social situations when I'm not typing it to someone.

/endrant. TL;dr Ima run and paint and stuff.
Bring her back...
Can you smile for her?
...or take me with her.