If it were real!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
Firewind
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:01 am

Re: If it were real!

Post by Firewind » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:19 am

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Hmm, looking over past responses here, I'd have to express my interest in wondering how Shizune would react to constantly being called Shicchan. Not just from Misha, but from Hisao too. When you first meet the girls and Misha says "Just call her Shicchan!" and she blushes and signs telling Misha that's a no go. If I were Hisao in that part, I'd be like "Okay, Shicchan! No problem!" and see how she reacts.
Image
Everyone hides who they are at least some of their time. Sometimes you bury that part of yourself so deeply that you have to be reminded it's there at all. And sometimes you just want to forget who you are all together.

User avatar
Hisao&Hanako<3
Posts: 554
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:33 pm
Location: United States

Re: If it were real!

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:23 am

^But if she gets mad and refuses to speak, wouldn't that be considered a defeat? I think she'd try to even up the score somehow. I just can't exactly imagine how, cause I'm not a stubborn, competitive deaf girl. :lol:

CaveRave
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 8:59 am

Re: If it were real!

Post by CaveRave » Sun May 25, 2014 12:10 am

Read the title as "If I were real."

Thought this was deconstruction of such threads...

User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: If it were real!

Post by SpunkySix » Sun May 25, 2014 1:22 am

Hey guys wanna take bets on what I'd do. :|
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

User avatar
CoffeeDrive
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: If it were real!

Post by CoffeeDrive » Sun May 25, 2014 3:17 am

Interesting question to which I have a couple answers.

1. Rin, I can see myself holding a conversation with Rin quite easily, and while it may take a while, I would most probably "Figure her out" and realise that she has trouble with emotion, and after that, I would go out of my way to help her express herself. It's something I've done before and would do again for someone like Rin, and knowing the way I work I'd probably fall for her during that.

2. Shizune, I know sign, so I would fortunatly be able to converse with her from the get go, I love taking leadership roles, so if they asked me, I'd probably join the student council, and then her competitiveness, I love it, I'd constantly accept her challenges, even if I knew I couldn't win, she really would rub off on me, and I'd probably ask her out pretty quickly if we get along well. I'd probably be good friends with misha too, but her constant laughing and ditsy personality would most probably leave it at just friends.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl

User avatar
AaronIsCrunchy
Posts: 1084
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:28 pm
Location: Portsmouth, floating.

Re: If it were real!

Post by AaronIsCrunchy » Sun May 25, 2014 8:21 am

SpunkySix wrote:Hey guys wanna take bets on what I'd do. :|
*scratches head*

Nope, no idea. You just don't give a lot away about yourself, you know? XD

I probably would be able to converse best with Emi, given she's fairly close to my girlfriend now. Failing that, Rin would be a close second, as my brain quite easily worked on what she was saying in the VN and could 'translate' what she meant. Of course, my knowledge of Japanese is currently fairly basic, so I doubt I'd get far ;)
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.


User avatar
Forever_ambivalent
Posts: 220
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 4:41 pm

Re: If it were real!

Post by Forever_ambivalent » Sun May 25, 2014 9:30 am

Realistically if most of us met the girls IRL we really wouldn't go beyond friends (well save for a few people like spunky who would 100% be there for Emi).
Most people would avoid RIn because she is odd and hard to really understand (unless you are a similar to her in some respects or something) and the distance she puts between people subconsciously would throw most people away. Most people wouldn't even bother getting close to Hanako because she just makes it too hard. Emi's PTSD and stubbornness would easily throw away anyone trying to be in a serious relationship with her. Shizune isn't very romantic and would be far too pushy, competitive and serious and most people will be put off by at least one of those traits. Most people would find Misha annoying (although not supported by the story, I do have a friend who is extremely similar to Misha ,albeit a bit more energetic and boring, and a lot of people find her annoying).
Everything above is supported by the story (well aside from Misha sort of). Many people avoid these girls because of what is stated above. I don't know much about Lilly but she would probably friend zone everyone who tries to get romantic with her. IMO I think you have to have Lilly propose to you if you want to get into a serious relationship with her. Lilly seems to be a pretty aggressive partner.

Just because you like a person for their positives does not mean you will like them after knowing their negatives (a great example is Emi). You cannot really just declare that you would be perfect for Rin just because you like Rin. You have to think whether RIn would actually want you as well. Just because you can understand Rin does not mean that you have the patience to deal with her. These girls are not 2D personality sexy trophies that will easily bow down to your feet just because you like them. They also have preferences and want more than just a guy liking them.

To get into a serious relationship with somebody is not something so easy and simple. Looks at all of the shit that happened between Rin and Hisao before they finally got into a relationship with each other. To persevere through that would be pretty difficult and it's pretty hard to say that you could just pass through those problems without actually experiencing it. To say how you would get into a relationship with these girls in a small paragraph is infuriating and stupid. This shit needs a lot of thought and logical speculation based on what we know about the character's (such as how Spunky tries to understand Emi). Falling in love is one thing but going into a serious relationship is another and needs first hand experience in that situation and a huge amount of thought.

Therefore I will never say something silly (unless I want to mock somebody or be sarcastic) like "I would get into a relationship with X character" because to me relationship's are a serious thing and need personal experience and thought. For fictional character's like these you need to do a lot of logical speculation and thought to work out whether you would actual get into a good relationship with them.

That was a lot of rambling.

Pandas
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 3:28 pm

Re: If it were real!

Post by Pandas » Tue May 27, 2014 9:49 pm

Hanako- Reminds me alot of myself and I feel like i could relate with her best. Plus shy girls are adorable and she looks adorable. Even with the scars there. Although i'm not sure if her looks would carry out so nicely in the real world. Gosh that makes me sound really harsh huh?
Rin- If she got less odd by the end of the route, her as well. She's very cute in the way that she's clueless yet she'd have to understand in terms of being serious because if we were having a real relationship problem if she didnt understand any of it. Otherwise she is alot like me. Sarcastical in a way, very thought filled, and very clueless to things. (I'm not much of a common sense type guy). Plus who wouldn't love walking the dark little city with the lights glowing with such a cute girl.. AHH X3

User avatar
metalangel
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: If it were real!

Post by metalangel » Tue May 27, 2014 10:08 pm

Forever_ambivalent wrote:For fictional character's like these you need to do a lot of logical speculation and thought to work out whether you would actual get into a good relationship with them.

That was a lot of rambling.
You can't apply logic to someone's waifu, alas. Your post was absolutely superb, in my opinion.

User avatar
linkoid
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:05 pm
Location: Planet Ursania of the Ursa Major solar system

Re: If it were real!

Post by linkoid » Wed May 28, 2014 1:17 am

I would go and see say hi, and watch them as the beg for my help as I would be the only man not trying to molest them in the world :D

User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: If it were real!

Post by SpunkySix » Wed May 28, 2014 1:18 am

Forever_ambivalent wrote:(well save for a few people like spunky who would 100% be there for Emi).
Well... I'd try to be, anyways. You have a really valid point, in that I have no idea how she'd react to me, or how I'd respond if she was physically there. I'd absolutely give it my best effort, and I'd probably put myself out there more than usual knowing how much I like her, but I'm really bad at talking to real! girls, (anxiety, depression, awkwardness and randomly being kind of a bitch around the opposite sex does that) and there might be some random minor thing about me that just turns her off that nobody knows about except her. I'd definitely join the track team since I love running and I run for my school anyways, but we might even just end up really good friends, with me being the unrequited "Misha" of the duo for all I know.

Which bums me out, but it's true, and there's no getting around that. All I do know for sure is that I would at least meet her on the team, and even if she hated me, I'd do my best to make her feel good about herself. That's all I can really guarantee.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: If it were real!

Post by SpunkySix » Wed May 28, 2014 1:19 am

linkoid wrote:I would go and see say hi, and watch them as the beg for my help as I would be the only man not trying to molest them in the world :D
I... don't... think, I'd... do that?
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

User avatar
linkoid
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:05 pm
Location: Planet Ursania of the Ursa Major solar system

Re: If it were real!

Post by linkoid » Wed May 28, 2014 1:27 am

Don't worry miss i can handel them! im the only sensable young man around here! I have handeled them before! see?
Image
I do not waste my time playing silly games and wacking notes on the computer all night!

User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: If it were real!

Post by SpunkySix » Wed May 28, 2014 1:32 am

3legit5me, I can't keep up.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

User avatar
Potato
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Re: If it were real!

Post by Potato » Wed May 28, 2014 5:58 pm

Honestly, I'd probably just go wander around the track in my spare time because wandering is a thing I do. Maybe Emi would speak up, maybe not.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.

Post Reply