If you were on a date with a character...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Potato

Re: If you were on a date with a character...

Post by Potato »

dewelar wrote:Yes, but then there's all that burning-down-houses stuff...
So she wouldn't like anything that reminds her of her life? Welp. Guess she's never seen any movie with a Japanese girl anywhere in it. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Does the story ever suggest she has a phobia about fire?
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

No, it doesn't, though it would be in-character if she was uncomfortable to some degree around flames. Not to the point of panicking near a lighter, but I definitely don't see her pinching out candles either.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

I wasn't thinking specifically about fire, more about how burning down houses might hit a little close to home for Hanako. I doubt she'd have that kind of issue with, say, Bambi.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

She moight think about it in passing, but unless there's a scene of people trapped inside a burning house, or getting burned, I doubt she'd freak out or get upset.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Potato

Post by Potato »

I wonder if Emi would like DDR...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Potato wrote:I wonder if Emi would like DDR...
Hanako might. Actually, if I were on a date with Hanako, I probably would break out some kind of game. Hanako definitely has a competitive streak. Shizune, on the other hand, IS a competitive streak. (Hmm, there's an idea. Competitive streaking...)
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
AussieInquisitor

Post by AussieInquisitor »

emmjay wrote:
Hanako might. Actually, if I were on a date with Hanako, I probably would break out some kind of game. Hanako definitely has a competitive streak. Shizune, on the other hand, IS a competitive streak. (Hmm, there's an idea. Competitive streaking...)
Aaaand that's the 168th rule against running in the school just penned down by yours truly. :D
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
NekoDude

Post by NekoDude »

There's a very similar game that involves hitting "drums" with your hands (and I don't mean Rock Band), so there's always that if she's not inclined to play DDR.
Art is never finished, only abandoned.
Nekonomicon thread and downloads
White Mice music!
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

emmjay wrote:
I wouldn't say Hanako has a competitive streak, it seems to me she just enjoys games because they allow her to act as an equal to whoever she's up against.
Not Dead Yet
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

AussieInquisitor wrote:
emmjay wrote:
Aaaand that's the 168th rule against running in the school just penned down by yours truly. :D
And now I'm wondering how the first annual Yamaku streaking competition would go.

My money is on Hanako if the rules are who goes the furthest in an allotted time. And she also sets all of the Yamaku track all time records.

Also, she does have a competitive streak - she focuses on her games quite intensely, and even researches how to beat her opponent and tries to avoid them knowing of her advantage.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Being a gamer makes sense. It gives her a chance to interact with others in a way that's comfortable for her. She doesn't have to worry about her looks, or how good a conversationalist she is. She only has to concentrate on her playing skills.
Kyler Thatch

Post by Kyler Thatch »

Just as long as she doesn't go online. Unless she just mutes chat or something?
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

She'd have to play stuff where text chat is the norm, really, or on explicitly female-friendly servers, I think.

Otherwise, this would happen (NSFW): http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/mm8c ... girl-games
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Ugh yeah. Male online gamers suck.

But yeah, I think she'd probably sign on with a private server.