Yamaku's Swimming Pool

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Yamaku's Swimming Pool

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Well for one, I'm unique in that I no longer feel the need of self-verification by constantly listing all the ideals I live by. I just say what I know is, and feel no need to clarify; Those who get to know me better find out what I mean, and the rest most likely shrug their shoulders and keep walking. As I keep doing. Living as I do is more or less like breathing to me, while for others, it most likely is not.

I sense more holding back in your words than usual. Good job. No one here needs any throwing knives to get a point across.

Okay, you edited your post, so I have to edit mine. To answer your question, Hanako having more sex scenes would seem unlikely, uncharacteristic of her, unless the whole thing we were talking about were multiplied, that she took the self-made conclusions and acted more upon them than once.
So you're unique because you don't feel the need to clarify your ideals and lifestyle to people...Except that's not unique either. Plenty have been and continue to be that way. They're usually outcasts and loner types but hardly unique among humankind. And when you just say stuff and don't clarify any of it, you're not being unique, you're being difficult. :lol: You've yet to explain what exactly is so disappointing and disgusting about the mere fact of Lilly expressing her sex drive as opposed to Hanako completely neglecting her own. :

That didn't answer the question at all. :P I didn't ask "Would it be uncharacteristic?"...And really, even that's not quite true. If Hanako's route lasted longer than it did, and the relationship grew, it wouldn't be out-of-character for them to consummate it more often. That is what people do, isn't it?

If I may say so (and feel free to correct me), you seem to think you're unique for not sticking to what you see as the status quo (which, considering many of your posts, is 'cynical types who possess sexual thoughts and also care what other people think'). Basically, you're unique for non-conformity...Except you're not because there are plenty of others like that. You live in non-conformity and call it unique despite it not being so. In short, you're a hipster. XD

Back onto the topic (sort of), I wonder if Yamaku ever had a basketball court...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

I can't explain it. I just understand things a certain way and I guess what I'm really trying to say is I don't like when sex is cheapened. It's supposed to be something amazing you share with someone you're going to spend the rest of your life with, not something you use to celebrate with your new girlfriend. Our society and lifestyles have all cheapened the true meaning of good things. That and people are impatient, they want everything here and now. Good things come to those who wait.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:I can't explain it. I just understand things a certain way and I guess what I'm really trying to say is I don't like when sex is cheapened. It's supposed to be something amazing you share with someone you're going to spend the rest of your life with, not something you use to celebrate with your new girlfriend. Our society and lifestyles have all cheapened the true meaning of good things. That and people are impatient, they want everything here and now. Good things come to those who wait.
You just did a fairly good job explaining it. People might not agree, but your entitled to your own opinions on these things.
Not Dead Yet
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

I still can't see Hanako being mad at Hisao stopping. Who said he had to leave the room? Stopping sex doesn't mean there can't be plenty of cuddling and kissing abound. Hopefully she'd get the same message, that she is in fact desirable and that he wants her that way. Especially if he goes right for her neck. And since I can't imagine Hanako as the kind of girl that would beg for sex if aroused enough, I'm sticking to that statement.

I can't forget the exact words, but there was a good amount of happiness from me at the part "It's newly satisfying to be able to make her feel this way." The part where she just closes her eyes and leans back into him. Would have been a good time for him to start kissing her ear and move down to her neck. But hey, Hisao is the Master of Romance, not me. :)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:I can't explain it. I just understand things a certain way and I guess what I'm really trying to say is I don't like when sex is cheapened. It's supposed to be something amazing you share with someone you're going to spend the rest of your life with, not something you use to celebrate with your new girlfriend. Our society and lifestyles have all cheapened the true meaning of good things. That and people are impatient, they want everything here and now. Good things come to those who wait.

"Supposed to"...If anything's being cheapened, it's that phrase. Just because you think it should only be this particular act used in one specific way on certain occasions doesn't mean it's supposed to be that. In fact, the only thing sex is supposed to be is a method of procreation. On a similar note, there are no "true" meanings. Humans designate meaning, and later humans change it as they see fit. Sex was once considered a privilege to be taken from a wife, and then it changed to an equal thing. Was anyone cheapening its "true meaning" then?

Our society hasn't cheapened any meaning, you've just clung to your own personal meaning and are now looking down on the rest of society for not holding to your personal wishes. And really, an expression of closeness and affection is suddenly disgusting just because it happened to occur without some grand ceremony as befitting your personal little fantasy, just because it wasn't built up amazing enough for you? That is disgusting. That is cheapening something. "My way is the way it's SUPPOSED TO BE and society's cheapened it and any other way is disgusting!" ...Enjoy your high horse.

*breathe* Well...That was cathartic. :mrgreen: (On a lighter note, I've officially obtained Artificial Academy and it's all your fault, which is actually a good thing in this case. :3)

And consider the situation: Some girl thinks you'll only like her if she puts out so she does and it's all incredibly uncomfortable and unpleasant...Then it hurts, making it more unpleasant. Then you just stop, which at best will be insanely awkward and uncomfortable and at worst will fill her mind with all manner of negative and self-hating notions. Doesn't sound like a cuddly time, right? XD

I mean, I guess it could still be done despite the awkwardness...But if the "worst" scenario is what happens, I doubt she'd allow Hisao to even get close enough for that. All very risky and tricky...Hanako's difficult to figure. I know she hates it, but she kind of invites the light treading...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Man, so much for a swimming pool. That pool will one day become a lake of fire for some. Toasty!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Man, so much for a swimming pool. That pool will one day become a lake of fire for some. Toasty!
I don't think a lake of fire is possible on account of it's a lake. And a fairy tale.

And don't say that around Hanako or we'll never get her into a swimsuit. :( (If Miki were a swimmer, they'd be a great synchronized swim duo. :D)
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

I think Hanako is smart enough to know what "lake of fire" references. As for what she believes, well that's up in the air for anyone to write up. If I wrote her up as anything, it would be a sniper. Perched on a roof. With the best camouflage. That's how the Bad End is. It's like a bullet, straight from the gun to your heart. So the pool we're talking about now is a pool of blood. Not much different from the one that emerges upon completion of the Manly Picnic. With no pretzels or whiskey.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:I think Hanako is smart enough to know what "lake of fire" references. As for what she believes, well that's up in the air for anyone to write up. If I wrote her up as anything, it would be a sniper. Perched on a roof. With the best camouflage. That's how the Bad End is. It's like a bullet, straight from the gun to your heart. So the pool we're talking about now is a pool of blood. Not much different from the one that emerges upon completion of the Manly Picnic. With no pretzels or whiskey.
So the swimming pool is going to turn into fire and then blood.

Well, she definitely won't go swimming now. :lol:
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I think Hanako is smart enough to know what "lake of fire" references.
If it's the biblical reference you're aiming at...Lilly might know, but I have my doubts about Hanako. Japan may be a very spiritual country, but it's not a very religious one. The "religion" of the vast majority of Japanese is shintoism, followed by buddhism. (sometimes both, the two aren't incompatible) I think it's fairly safe to assume that the average Japanese doesn't know random bible quotes any more than the average American knows random koran quotes.
Last edited by Guest Poster on Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:I think Hanako is smart enough to know what "lake of fire" references. As for what she believes, well that's up in the air for anyone to write up. If I wrote her up as anything, it would be a sniper. Perched on a roof. With the best camouflage. That's how the Bad End is. It's like a bullet, straight from the gun to your heart.
No.
Hanako's Bad End is her Brutal Honesty way of telling Hisao (and the player by extension, the Fourth Wall is not protecting you in that scene) to stop being a White Knight.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Atario

Post by Atario »

I have rarely seen a thread go so far off the rails as this.

POOL TALK TIME!

Who would have the stronger swimming legs: Rin (by dint of using her legs for everything) or Emi (by dint of fanatical exercise and the previously mentioned special swimming prostheses)?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Yeah, excuse my Hanakophilia. I have a condition where I feel the urge to divert all topics of conversation to Hanako.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Atario wrote:I have rarely seen a thread go so far off the rails as this.

POOL TALK TIME!

Who would have the stronger swimming legs: Rin (by dint of using her legs for everything) or Emi (by dint of fanatical exercise and the previously mentioned special swimming prostheses)?
I'd have to go with Emi, since she's the more athletic and would probably have better endurance.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Kyler Thatch

Post by Kyler Thatch »

I'd say Emi. She actually pushes her leg muscles to their limits. That, and she also has arms.