Yamaku's Swimming Pool

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Atario

Re: Yamaku's Swimming Pool

Post by Atario »

Careful, I didn't say "better swimmer", I said "stronger swimming legs". To make Rin's case, I would guess doing everything in daily life with your legs/feet one would normally do with one's arms/hands (on top of the normal leg/feet activities) would give greatly enhanced control and natural endurance.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

Atario wrote:Careful, I didn't say "better swimmer", I said "stronger swimming legs". To make Rin's case, I would guess doing everything in daily life with your legs/feet one would normally do with one's arms/hands (on top of the normal leg/feet activities) would give greatly enhanced control and natural endurance.
"Stronger swimming legs" is actually what clinches it for Emi. The added length of the lower legs add a small degree of leverage (most of the lever advantage is lost due to their tapering), but are primarily there for control/steering. Admittedly, without prosthetics, Emi's legs won't do much, more powerful or no. But if you're measuring raw strength, no contest. Runners have extremely powerful thighs - especially sprinters like Emi.

If it were the general question of "who's better with their legs?" an argument could be made for Rin, but her primary advantage is control. She doesn't exercise much, and is a bit on the skinny/undernourished side, per the VN. When it comes to raw power, though, there's really no contest.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

It's implied that Emi also has decent upper body strength, too - IIRC, that was demonstrated both when Emi picked Hisao up off the track, and during their first sex scene.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Atario

Post by Atario »

Well, ok. By "stronger" I meant more effective at swimming, not just exerting more force or causing faster propulsion.

So we're saying having controllable feet is of no help? And the flexibility?

Side note: would Rin be most effective not by kicking, but by undulating like a fish?
Last edited by Atario on Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Emi does have the option of swimming prosthetics, though, which could give her even more of an advantage. (Mind you, Rin could also put flippers on.)

And, given that Emi does have full use of her arms, she can get more control and propulsion there.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Rin because strictly speaking, prosthetics aren't legs. :P

But if we ignore that, Emi wins out.

And Rin's natural swimming method is to wiggle about like a big fish, so she doesn't need her legs anyway.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Yep.
Attachments
1380014_685862474776039_1033600842_n.jpg
1380014_685862474776039_1033600842_n.jpg (24.7 KiB) Viewed 7386 times
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Atario

Post by Atario »

pandaphil wrote:Yep.
Not to derail again, but just remember for a second that her changing into that suit required Emi's help.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Atario wrote:
Not to derail again, but just remember for a second that her changing into that suit required Emi's help.
Not necessarily Emi's either...Oh, the possibilities.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Atario wrote:

Your point is?
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Atario

Post by Atario »

pandaphil wrote:
Atario wrote:

Your point is?
To allow us all to take a moment to enjoy imagining the process. Hmmm~…

pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Atario wrote:

Your point is?
To allow us all to take a moment to enjoy imagining the process. Hmmm~…

Ahhhh right. Gotcha. :D
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:
Atario wrote:

Your point is?
The point is in his pants.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Speaking of which, what Lilly at the pool might look like.
Attachments
lil.jpg
lil.jpg (630.1 KiB) Viewed 7295 times
Atario

Post by Atario »

pandaphil wrote:Speaking of which, what Lilly at the pool might look like.
Hommina hommina how wah.