Yamaku's Swimming Pool

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Yamaku's Swimming Pool

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:Speaking of which, what Lilly at the pool might look like.
A fish gasping for airwater?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Xaredian
Location: Elysium, Crytar, Terranova, somewhere in the universe

Post by Xaredian »

pandaphil wrote:Probably shouldn't be too hard on H&H. I felt the same way about the girls for a long time too, that thinking about them in a sexual way was somehow a defilement of their purity. Eventually I got over it and can have ecchi thoughts about the girls easily enough, even though I'm not a huge fan of hardcore hentai.
I have a mental block stopping me from seeing them in sure a light. I'm assuming, it's because they're fictional characters.

And i've not have a single one appear in any of my dreams. Female, or male.
Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Right now, it's pretty cold. Even the thought of indoor pools takes a leap of the imagination. Nice warm baths or showers, however...
How so?
Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Which reminds me, it must take a bit of time for Hanako to wash all her hair. Seeing as it goes down to just about her butt and all. Not sure what the chlorine in pools would do to that nice shiny jet black hair of hers.
Well, my "mostly" brown hair started to dull out after 3 years of swimming. Haven't swan in over a year. It's back to normal.
So, it won't damage the color of her hair that easily.
Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Depends on which H-scene. During Hanako's? Cried. Painful History tends to move me to do that. During the other girls'? Just kinda nodded my head and accepted it as an intimate part of a really good story. Was kinda grossed out a bit during Lilly's. Didn't expect her to have sex that much. Twice in one weekend! I was glad Hanako doesn't have that strong a sex drive.
I went "I need this gal in my life." And that was it. I kept on reading the words, that's all I did.
pandaphil wrote:(Gets a mental image of a submerged Hanako, floating, slowly waving her arms as her long hair billows around her....and heads off to his bunk)
ARMBENDING!
Steinherz wrote:Yeah, Hisao and Lilly had sex 3 times, true.
Noted three times. I assumed there were more times, because, before the third time, Hisao's comment suggested (to me), that they did it more than just three times.
Xanatos wrote:(If Miki were a swimmer, they'd be a great synchronized swim duo. :D)
I'd have a field day, if Miki was revealed to like swimming.
pandaphil wrote:Speaking of which, what Lilly at the pool might look like.
I don't see it. I'd see her more on one of those pool chairs that you can lay down on.

I still got nothing about Lifeguards...
To be remembered by anyone after death is the goal of basically every soul that's lived in this world.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Ah, Toasty. It seems there were some responses to what I said while I was taking a break. I can't think of any answers at the moment. Currently in "Will enjoy Christmas" mode. And that mode will include loading up for Modern Warfare 2 and kicking my brother's butt. It will also include lots of Hanako. :D
Xaredian
Location: Elysium, Crytar, Terranova, somewhere in the universe

Post by Xaredian »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Ah, Toasty. It seems there were some responses to what I said while I was taking a break. I can't think of any answers at the moment. Currently in "Will enjoy Christmas" mode. And that mode will include loading up for Modern Warfare 2 and kicking my brother's butt. It will also include lots of Hanako. :D
I use to own MW2. Sold it after I got to the first prestige, and haven't bought a single CoD game since.

Which reminds me, Japanese people hate Microsoft, Xone has hardly over 1K sells in Japan. o.0

Still... LIFEGUARDS? NO?
To be remembered by anyone after death is the goal of basically every soul that's lived in this world.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Ah, Toasty. It seems there were some responses to what I said while I was taking a break. I can't think of any answers at the moment. Currently in "Will enjoy Christmas" mode. And that mode will include loading up for Modern Warfare 2 and kicking my brother's butt. It will also include lots of Hanako. :D
I wonder if Hanako would enjoy Modern Warfare 2.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Lianam

Post by Lianam »

Potato wrote:
I wonder if Hanako would enjoy Modern Warfare 2.
No, she'd definitely enjoy Spec Ops: The Line...
Oh god, that was a terrible joke. Those of you who've played it (and you should if you haven't) know why that is.
Ce ne sont pas une signature.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

So uh... pools? They're not closed. ಠ_ಠ
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Silentcook wrote:So uh... pools? They're not closed. ಠ_ಠ
Umm... Would Hanako enjoy Modern Warfare 2 in the pool? ...Wait no. That's stupid.

Okay, so seriously, back to the subject of pools. I'm wondering exactly how they'd work. I'd imagine students would require some sort of supervision there, but I can't see Yamaku having "lifegaurd" as one of their full time positions. Maybe people going for a swim would have to let the nurisng staff know ahead of time and they could send somebody to watch.
Not Dead Yet
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Why wouldn't they have a lifeguard as a full-time or nearly full-time position?

They've probably got something around 216 students, give or take. (They seem to have enough empty classrooms that they could expand from there, and in different years expand differently, too.) The pool facilities are available for all students to use (and it's implied that there's no scheduling constraints, Nurse just had spies placed), in addition to the implication of classes using the pool, and most likely athletics.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

bhtooefr wrote:Why wouldn't they have a lifeguard as a full-time or nearly full-time position?
Because a full-time lifeguard is an expensive thing. Unlike the 24-hour nursing staff, it would be very easy to argue that the benefit of a lifeguard on retainer does not outweigh the cost.
They've probably got something around 216 students, give or take. (They seem to have enough empty classrooms that they could expand from there, and in different years expand differently, too.) The pool facilities are available for all students to use (and it's implied that there's no scheduling constraints, Nurse just had spies placed), in addition to the implication of classes using the pool, and most likely athletics.
216 is a low number (also 6^3). If 10% of the students were avid swimmers (a high number), that's only 21 people. And, of course, by high school age, anyone who swims regularly knows the basic safety rules of swimming, which includes the admonition to never swim alone. And, as noted, the pool's primarily there for physical therapy - a supervised activity. So that full-time lifeguard is held on retainer to serve as a redundant safety measure.

It makes far more economic sense to go for the standard "No Lifeguard on Duty; Swim at Your Own Risk" approach.

The stated/implied philosophy of Yamaku seems to be "If/when possible, treat the students as normal adults." I don't see why the pool would be any different.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

216 is a low number
Not really. Hisao's class has 18 people including himself. There are four classes in his year and three years of High School.
So if Hisao's class is average, the school has exactly 216 students.
Personally I'd estimate that class to be even a bit above average, since classes 3-1 and 3-2 are specialized for deaf respectively blind students, so there are probably a few people less there than in 3-3 or 3-4 which are mixed.
Also take into account that not all students live in the dorms and wouldn't use the pool after hours.

I can't see a lifeguard as a full time position either. For one thing, one wouldn't be enough you'd have to have at least two to have someone at the pool all day and that's not counting someone being ill or on vacation sometimes - so probably three or four, more if you want to include night shifts (which we can probably neclect for this purpose). Not practical.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Atario

Post by Atario »

I think he meant 216 people is a small high school, not that it's an inaccurate estimate.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Well lets see, how about during the day, the pool is staffed by aquatic therapists who're there to work with students. After school there are student volunteers who serve as lifeguards. Then of course after cerfew the buildings locked up.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

Yamaku is very conscious of the student's well-being: note the full-time nursing staff and extensive rules about running in the hallways.

Teenagers can do very stupid things [surprise!]. I've known two diabetics pretty well; they both had multiple incidences of downing a pint of ice cream and then passing out [occasionally quite far from where they started] as a f-you to the universe. So I could easily an epileptic teenager going for a solo swim -- just because it would be such an outstandingly stupid idea.

So my personal suspicion would be that the pool is closed unless there is a lifeguard on duty. As a pure guess, I could imagine the nursing staff being trained in lifeguard duties, so the school doesn't have to have a dedicated lifeguard position.

I don't know what the Japanese court system is like, but in the U.S. letting disabled students swim without supervision would be begging for a school-ending lawsuit.
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

pandaphil wrote:Well lets see, how about during the day, the pool is staffed by aquatic therapists who're there to work with students. After school there are student volunteers who serve as lifeguards. Then of course after cerfew the buildings locked up.
It makes a ton of sense for Yamaku to have an aquatic therapist. There are a lot of students for which aquatic therapy would be the best way to get some exercise.