I failed Rin?!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

someguy1294

Re: I failed Rin?!

Post by someguy1294 »

rterman wrote:You can take consolation in the fact that (according to Aura) Rin does not in fact kill herself.
Oh. She doesn't?

Goddamn, it TvTropes. You've lied to me yet again.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Oddball wrote:You told her to explain herself. Think about that for a minute.
This.

People often say Rin's route is the most difficult, but if you pay close attention to her character, it really isn't.

The choice that leads to her OTHER crappy ending...

She tells you she wants someone who wouldn't have to ask her questions. You can respond with "But if you found that person, then what?" or "But aren't you happy people are interested in your paintings?"

This... this just seems obvious to me. Much of the route has already stressed the point that people are more important than art.

Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Notguest wrote:I too got the good endings for every route on the first try except for Rin. That one decision is pretty tricky. But luckily, I managed on the second try.
I got the good ending for Rin and Emi first shot, but Hanako friggin' killed me.

pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Shes definately a tough one. I ended up getting her neutral ending because I tried to push her into carrying on with the art show. Not for any negative or selfish reasons. Just because I wanted to see her do something with her talent.

In a way I still think it may have been the best reply even though it ruined the relationship. Rin really does seem as if she needs someone to help guide her. She can't just go through life as such a rudderless mess.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

someguy1294 wrote:
rterman wrote:You can take consolation in the fact that (according to Aura) Rin does not in fact kill herself.
Oh. She doesn't?

Aha! So I wasn't the only one to get tripped up by that!
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

SpunkySix wrote:
someguy1294 wrote:
Oh. She doesn't?

Aha! So I wasn't the only one to get tripped up by that!
Yeah, the ambiguity of the way it said that screwed me up as well :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Atario

Post by Atario »

someguy1294 wrote:She tells you she wants someone who wouldn't have to ask her questions. You can respond with "But if you found that person, then what?" or "But aren't you happy people are interested in your paintings?"
Ha! I never noticed till you just said that, but… he responds to I want someone who won't ask me questions with… a question. Way to go, Hisao! :lol:
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Atario wrote:
someguy1294 wrote:She tells you she wants someone who wouldn't have to ask her questions. You can respond with "But if you found that person, then what?" or "But aren't you happy people are interested in your paintings?"
Ha! I never noticed till you just said that, but… he responds to I want someone who won't ask me questions with… a question. Way to go, Hisao! :lol:
All of the bad choices kind of seem obviously bad for her in retrospect.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Atario wrote:
Hisao Nakai, Master of Romance.